“Real Value for Money”

Citadines Barbican London
Ranked #411 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 12, 2011

The Hotel is very good. Its very near to Tube. Staff is very good and helpful.Have three Indian hotels around. It also has a complete kitchen set-up with utensils as well.That’s the best part.

1  Thank Ravi S
ANNECURTIN, Manager at Citadines Barbican London, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

Thank you for your feedback which will be shared with the team at Citadines Barbican. Your feedback motivates us to do better to ensure that our residents have a warm and pleasant experience.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

There are newer reviews for Citadines Barbican London

Reviewed December 11, 2011

I stayed here for a week. The area is not so good but its close to financial area of London and to a walking distance to a lot of historical places.

The main negative points are pull out sofa and bed sheets.

Rooms are very small, not convenient for long stay.
Staff is very helpful
24 hrs reception
free internet (wired and wireless)

5  Thank anilm1985
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Nothing to rave about and nothing to complain about: clean, convenient and okay service. Can recommend.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Steps to tube and in quiet area of the financial district. Walking distance to the historical cathedral district and its shops and restaurents. Hotel served it's purpose: was moderately priced for London, decent enough location and was clean. The pull out sofa though odd for a hotel turned out to be not bad on the comfort level. If you are looking for a practical place with no frills this will fit the bill. It's billed as long term accomodation so don't expect a hotel experience (ex no housekeeping for a short stay)

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank tdottony
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I stayed here 5 nights while on a business trip. The area is ok, not great, but the location to the tube was convenient. As a single woman traveling alone i felt the drop down bed was cumbersome for me to raise and let down each day so i finally kept it down making the living space in my room non-existant. The breakfast was perfect for a quick bite each morning. Having the small kitchen was also convenient. Overall I would probably select a different part of town next time on the Jubilee line as most of my travels forced me to transfer there.

• Stayed: November 2011
ANNECURTIN, Manager at Citadines Barbican London, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2011

Dear DebbieMoon

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I appreciate your details concerning the space in the studio apartment especially if the murphy bed is left down, I hope that this did not completely mar your stay with us.

Thank you once again and hope that we may see you again at Citadines Barbican.

Reviewed November 11, 2011

I stayed here on the night of 8th November 2011. I arrived about 4pm to find that I had to convert the sofa into my bed. Called reception who did, immediately, send someone up to do this for me.

Bathroom was clean and towels of good quality. Good pressure in shower. Soap and toiletries very appreciated. If bright lights and traffic noise stop you from having a good night's sleep, ask for a room away from the main (Goswell Street) road.

All the staff were very good, courteous and helpful but when paying upwards of £148prpn (not including breakfast) I do not expect to have to make up my own bed...

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from main road!

Dear Sheena34

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate all feedback and I am happy to read that you found the service and cleanliness good at Citadines Barbican.

I am sorry that you felt our rates to be pricey but do hope that we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed November 4, 2011

The hotel was booked for me by my client in the city, I arrived by car on the sunday evening to sign in and find out where my allocated car parking space was.
Outside reception there is a very narrow pull-in (4' 3") to park your car,yellow lines run along the outside edge of this area. Whilst checking in ( 5mins and 35secs ) I received a parking ticket, I would have been visible the whole time the zelot was filling in the ticket the staff were very sympathic and downloaded the CCTV footage for me to allow me to appeal my ticket.
Be warned If you pull in here look in the shadows for the lurking traffic warden, I live in a rural area where wardens actually talk to you, I've been completely traumitised by my whole experience more so than when Air France lost my luggage, well they didnt really lose it they mislaid it for a month.
Watch out for the lurkers !!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Dear David W

Thank you for reviewing your stay in London and our Apart'hotel. I am sorry to read that your received a parking ticket, I hope that you have successfully appealed. The space where you parked is in fact private property belonging to the Hotel, so do please contact us if you need any further information.

Once again, thank you for your review.