The Arch London(London)
  • Pool
$188
$181
  • Restaurant
Park International Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$105
$249
$199
  • Pool
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $327/night.

Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$159
Hotel 41(London)
$387
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $466/night.

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I found the staff very friendly and helpful and the rooms exactly what I expected. It was a nice surprise when I got back from my travels elsewhere to find that I was in a double room. Very nice.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ozgal11
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Looking for somewhere cheap in London for your family? This could be it. Very easy to get around from here - Tube, Bus, Feet, Bike. Plenty of options. Same with restaurants nearby - French, Indian, Mexican & more all within 5-10 minute walk. Pub 2 minutes, laundry 2 minutes. Small supermarket 5 minutes. Larger shopping center (Queensway about 10 minute walk).

The rooms were clean & comfortable enough. Shower worked well. It's just old & in need of upgrading. However - you get what you pay for. The service was very average, friendly enough when you could get their attention, I didn't feel they were very helpful, they could try a bit harder.

Felt pretty safe in the neighbourhood. Plenty of posh places nearby, even saw a major celb at the grocery store. Not sure if I'd stay here again. Probably bite the bullet & spend a bit more somewhere else.

Internet charges were over the top for a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2011

The hotel was booked by my brother whom I was visiting with my mum to attend his graduation in Nottingham before arriving in London. Our phone GPS says its approximately 5-6 minutes walk from Bayswater tube and yes it was around that.

Exterior of the hotel looks brilliant and as I enter the Reception, the check-in process was alright but since we were early, we had to come back at around 2pm. We walked to a nearby restaurant for lunch and we timed properly to return to the hotel by 2pm as promised. Upon returning, we were told our rooms weren't "ready". The staff mistaken us for the Asian family that came about 5 minutes before and assumed we were together with them. After exchanging a few sentences, they found out we were another family.

We were checked in at around 2:23pm and when we had taken the keys to our room, I was shocked to not only find out our room was extremely small for 3 people but this place looks a bit run down and shabby. It has seen its days my mum thought. The pictures online were not helpful but deceiving. Mum caught TWO cockroaches in the room and we once were greeted with one cockroach as we were leaving our room to go out.

When we take our shower, we could hardly stretch our hands or move about. Shampoo and body wash weren't replenished as we thought they will. We stayed for four nights and only used their shampoo & body wash on first day and last night of our trip. Thank goodness we had our own amenities along.

Price wise, it could been better for around £130 per night. Quite pricey for this type of a hotel in London. Key cards was "cut" for the wrong room. Our room was on the 3rd floor but was cut for the 2nd floor. How careless I thought. The lift wasn't doing any better. Going up and down was already time consuming, stuffy, small and hardly could move if you have lots of luggages.

Breakfast was just alright. Couldn't expect any better breakfast as everyone there were having the same. We have to pay extra if we wish to have hot food.

Room Tip: Shabby hotel that has seen its days already. It needs refurbishment with its rooms, unchanged linens
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank humbleboy
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I've been at Umi for one night only, for my master's graduation ceremony. It was an OK hotel, I booked a single room and it was bigger than average. The day manager was really nice and took care of my luggage before I could get into my bedroom.
At night I went to my room and I saw the mouse near my bed. I ran to the reception and the night manager was terrible (to say the least). He said he didn't understand why I was upset and at some point he even laughed. What a service, uh?!
He gave me another room that was with the windows open because of the strong smell of paint in the walls. I didn't discuss anymore and I left the hotel. It took me one hour at 4am in the morning to find another hotel to sleep.
In the next day I went back and they told me they new about my situation and gave me 40% discount!! Of course I didn't accept and when I told then about the unkind manager they finally appologize for the situation and gave me the refund.
There are thounsands of hostels in London, so you don't need to stay there.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Thais_11
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Just got back from a 3 night stay (weds-sat) and wouldn't consider staying anywhere else!
Rooms - we stayed in a standard double which had freeview tv, tea & coffee facilities etc. Sink is in bedroom with the toilet and shower in the bathroom. Shower a bit slow but it's good for environment! Bed was comfy and plenty of pillows so no issues there!
Concierge was great for booking trips shows etc.
Breakfast was stunning! I have no idea what the reviewer who said there was a lack of choice was on about...full English, cereals, yoghurts etc were all on offer with a selection of tea, coffee and juices. We had breakfast 2 mornings and didn't need to eat until the evening - despite walking and cycling for miles each day!
Nearest tube station (bayswater) was closed during our stay but next closest was queensway which is a stones throw away. 5 minute walk.
We didn't try buses, but did use the barclays bikes. I hope the idea expands across the uk. There are 2 stations close to hotel. On 2 days we took them up to Hyde park, cycled to Hyde park corner and then walked up to Buckingham palace. There are at least 500 bike stations so you're never far from one if you need to ditch the bike.
Any nandos fans out there...go out of the hotel and turn left then left again. Go straight to the bottom until you reach the main road, then go right. You will see it on the next corner :)
We also tried the Greek restaurant Aphrodites (out of hotel go right, then at the end of the road you'll see it to your right). Lovely food, and lots of Greeks in there, so it must be good! Strongly suggest booking :)

• Stayed: August 2011