We spent 4 nights at the Kensington Gardens Hotel in May, 2012, and thought the location was a perfect base for our explorations of London. The hotel is very convient to Paddington train station and has excellent tube and bus service a few minutes away. We enjoyed walking in the area as Notting Hill, the Portebello Market, and Kensington Gardens can be reached in a few minutes of walking. We can't say enough about Rowshanak. She is so cheery and helpful and makes you feel right at home. She is an expert on the bus and tube service and can give you great ideas on how to get around London.
The rooms are small, but hey, this is London. Ours was very clean and quiet. There is no elevator so the rooms on floors 3 and 4 can be somewhat challenging, especially if you have a heavy suitcase. The breakfast is served next door at the Best Western and we were very pleased. We are not big breakfast eaters so the selection of breads, meats, cheese, fruit and cereal was very ample. They do have a hot beakfast option but we did not try it.
In talking to friends that stayed in London the same time we did we feel that we got tremedous value at the Kensington Gardens Hotel. Most spent at least 50% more than we did and none of them raved about how nice or large their room was. We were previously in London in 2010 and spent more for less value at another hotel.
We will definitely stay here the next time we travel to London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kensington Gardens Hotel is a 17 bedroom 2 star central London hotel, located 5 minutes walk from Hyde Park. Bayswater and Queensway underground stations are both within a few minutes walking distance. The hotel is centrally situated for both the business executive and the holiday-maker, with the West End and its shops and theatres within easy reach. Free Wi-Fi is always included when making a reservation with Kensington Gardens Hotel. Check-in time is from 1 pm onward. There is a complimentary luggage storage facility at the hotel. Reception is manned from 8 am to 5 pm. The reception at Phoenix hotel, next door at 1-8 Kensington Gardens Square, will assist during other hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, HRS, Hotels.com, Priceline, Fastbooking, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Kensington Gardens Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kensington Gardens Top Hotel
- Top Hotel London
- London Top Hotel
- Kensington Gardens Hotel London, England