Kensington Gardens Hotel
$271
$231
Pullman
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$175
  • Bar/Lounge
$185
$169
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$96
$75
$157
$125
$459
$444
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsphoenix hotelbayswater tube stationno liftsister hotelnotting hillsingle roomtop floorsmall closetlady on receptionroom keycontinental breakfasthyde parkclose to shopsminute walkrecommend this hotelcentral linenice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I was a single women staying in London for a week. The location of this hotel was excellent. I never felt nervous about being alone. The two tube stations are very close, as is a excellent cafe and many restaurants There is a mall right on the corner with a M&S so I could pick up food to eat in my room or for my day trips. The lady at the front desk was wonderful, she could give me bus routes to places I wanted to go as well as make recommendations of things to do. I was able to have breakfast at the hotel next door which was great. I had to catch a cab at 2 in the morning and ended up meeting some great people in the lobby of the next door hotel. Yes the room was small but it was clean which mattered to me more the a large room. The bathroom for my room was out in the hall, which was the first time I had ever had that. But I was the only one using it and it was really convienant when I was running in from a day out and the toilet was closer then my room.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank organicgirl48
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I stay in budget hotels in London frequently. This is the best I have stayed in. Reception was friendly and efficient. The room was well equipped and clean; there was more space than I am used to at this price. The hotel is effectively an annexe to a larger Best Western next door and it is of a similar standard with use of their facilities. Continental breakfast was better than average, but the Full English (additional cost) was huge, well cooked and used quality ingredients.

Difficult to fault.

Well done KGH - I was impressed!

Room Tip: Room 14 is a very good ensuite single room
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Phoenix H, Guest Relations Manager at Kensington Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and for awarding Kensington Gardens Hotel your top-score! We are delighted to know that Kensington Gardens Hotel suited your requirements and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2012

Comfortable, very clean hotel. Very friendly lady on reception was full of information! Rooms are not that large, but didn't bother us because we weren't there that much during the day & evenings.Hotel in a great area. Very close to plenty of varied cafes & restaurants. Also a short walking distance to Bayswater tube station & Queensway tube station a little further on. Not far from Kensington Gardens, Hyde Park & Portobello Road.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mike P

Reviewed December 20, 2011

I highly recommend this hotel for the budget oriented tourist. Not the most modern amenities but the hotel is located near the tube, very clean, and the front desk staff was very helpful when asking questions on the local community. Lots of steep steps which after a long flight and dragging a heavy bag on the tube can be quite cumbersome.

The only odd thing was having to turn in your key everytime you left the hotel, which I assume is for security purposes. After 5 PM you must pick up your key at the neighboring Phoenix Hotel. All in all I will stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The upper rooms in the summertime will be quite hot.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 4, 2011

The room was nice, the front staff of this hotel was nice but this is an annex of the Phoenix Hotel a few doors away and the staff there treat it as a poor cousin. I believe the rooms are cheaper than in the main hotel but that should reflect the distance to the public rooms and the lack of elevator and not mean poor service. My main beef was that there was no wifi in this section of the hotel. So if you check your email, work or use your devises to find a good restaurant in the area, you have to run down the street to the main hotel and enter in a complex user/password combination. We stayed 7 nights, so you can image how many times I had to do this. I saw people with their work spread out in the lounge for hours and skypeing in the lobby isn't fun. The front staff knew about it and their reaction varied from being bored by the question to saying it would be looking into and finally, at the end of the stay, just admitting that there never would be wifi at that part of the hotel. Really too bad since a simple router would correct the problem, but I won't stay again because of it.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family