“Great location”

Thistle Kensington Gardens
Ranked #303 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This hotel is perfectly located for Central London with so much reachable via beautiful Hyde Park. My executive room had an enormous bed and view overlooking the park with the park gates literally across the road. I took no public transport during my stay, it was dry weather and I walked everywhere. If I had to mention a couple of small gripes they would be lack of free wifi (why are we so mean in London compared to rest of the world?) and poor lighting and mirrors in the bathroom. We older ladies need bright light and magnifying mirrors to apply our faces! On the plus side, great friendly staff and the Waitrose downstairs was brilliant for late night snacks.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
GMthistle, General Manager at Thistle Kensington Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review Thistle Kensington Gardens. I am delighted you enjoyed you stay with us. I have noted your comments about the lighting in the rooms and will review this. As per some of my previous responses, I am confident that completely free WIFI to all of our guests will be available by the start of 2013. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best regards. Billy & Team.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

we stayed for two nights 22nd september with my brother and his wife, this being our first time in london, the hotel was extremely tastefully designed, and not to mention the staff, i think i can say i have never been treated so well in any other hotel i have stayed in before, especially the bar staff and the staff at breakfast, they all were so helpful and polite and well mannered,one girl in particular, Monika, she was so helpful and nothing at all was a problem,she made us feel very welcome, we also met the manager Billy, who was also very concerning, and took the time out of his busy role to ask if we were all ok, which doesnt happen in many hotels,the room we had overloooked kensington of which we loved, it was very clean, and nothing was too much trouble for a member of staff called Johnny, he was so helpful,oh !! and funny with it too, his humor gave us many laugh's,the hotel is greatly situated with a bus stop and tube station within easy walking distance,also the walk through kensington gardens was lovely, i will definatley stay here again. and one last thing the bed is the comfiest bed i have slept in, it was heaven !!! thank you for a great stay.

1  Thank janice c

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review Thistle Kensington Gardens. It was great to meet you and your friends, and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Thanks again for sharing your feedback and for picking out some of the team that positively impacted your experience with us. I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back soon. Best regards. Billy & Team.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were at the Thistle for a two-night celebration and had our free bus pass to get around London. Better than the tube as we saw so much of the city life. Couldn't find a negative with regard to the hotel. Clean, nice but small room, excellent shower, staff couldn't have been more helpful. Breakfast to last all day, although if I have to say something negative the buffet could have been hotter. But otherwise 4 star plus.

1  Thank honeychild43
GMthistle, General Manager at Thistle Kensington Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review Thistle Kensington Gardens and for your excellent and helpful comments. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards. Billy & Team.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed in the Thistle Kensington Gardens in September 2012. The location was ok, good proximity to tube stations but a little far out if you like to walk places. Convenient supermarket just under the hotel for quick snacks. We stayed in a double room which was rather small although you do expect this in London and the shower was really good especially because it wasn't over a bath. Only downside was the staff and service really. I don't know if they were tired after the Olympics but generally quite unfriendly and unhelpful. I had to ask on 2 separate occasions for another towel as they were only leaving 1 and ringing reception generally took 3 or 4 goes as they never answered. Possibly need to hire a few more people. Overall though it was a good experience, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2012
GMthistle, General Manager at Thistle Kensington Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review Thistle Kensington Gardens. Service and hospitality are the key drivers of our business, and I am genuinely sorry you did not receive the usual quality standards of this during your recent stay. I am confident this would not be repeated on a future stay, and I look forward to welcoming you back. Best regards, Billy and Team.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

The hotel is perfectly situated near Paddington, and made everything about staying extremely easy.
The room was beautiful and spacious,with a comfortable bed,good view of the gardens and the London skyline.
Breakfast was very good,with a good wide selection. Also,being served until midday on a Saturday gave us no pressure to get up early for food,adding to the ease and comfort of the visit.
The staff were friendly and helpful,the place has a generally happy atmosphere.

Overall excellent,I will be staying here again on my next visit to London.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank JulesLJ83

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review Thistle Kensington Gardens. I am pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards, Billy and Team.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

The rooms were clean, well presented and spacious. Our room overlooked the gardens and as it was a gorgeous day, the views were stunning.

Breakfast was an extensive spread and the cooked breakfast was delicious.

The staff could not have been more helpful or more friendly.

A wonderful stay in a wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms next to the road (with the view) have the noise of the traffic, but it's not too bad a...
1  Thank Catherine H

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review Thistle Kensington Gardens and for your room tip. Our front facing rooms whilst road side, offer great views of both Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards, Billy and Team.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Lovely room overlooking Kensington Park and the Royal Albert hall. Good location near to local buses, tube etc. (One bus directly to Euston railway station.) Staff really helpful and friendly. Has luggage room for pre and post stay use. Can't think of anything negative to say about the place really.

1  Thank Trevor G

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review Thistle Kensington Gardens, and I am delighted you had a positive stay with us. Our location in central London gives you multiple transport options to get around and explore the City. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards, Billy and Team.