“Would choose this one again!”

Thistle Kensington Gardens
Ranked #302 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Comfortable location near underground. Friendly, professional staff with an eye for service. Our room was clean, gave a good nightsleep in comfortable beds, with soft pillows and bedsheets. It was the perfect size for at extented visit to London for sight-seeing and shopping. Typical breakfast served - Again with good service.
Would pick this hotel again for our next shopping-spree ;09

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Signe K
Thistlehotels, General Manager at Thistle Kensington Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review Thistle Kensington Gardens. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next shopping spree.

Billy Hughes

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Very comfortable hotel in excellent position on the Bayswater Road. Short walk from two underground stations - Queensway (Central Line) and Bayswater (District & Crcle Lines). Our standard room was a little on the small side but very well maintained and clean. Since our previous stay some years ago, the rooms appear to have been modernised to a high standard. Breakfasts were excellent and the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. The one drawback was the £10 charge for 24 hour internet access but fortunately I was able to access BT openzone via my own BT account. All in all good value for money and highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank liam5407
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Pros: The bed was very comfortable, both in terms of size (we had a standard double room, and it seemed like a queen-sized bed), and softness of the pillows and sheets. The shower was nice and warm, and had an overhead shower head so it was like standing in the rain, which is great! Finally, the location was excellent-- just a minute or two walk to the central (red) line, so it was easy to get wherever we wanted, and it was right on Hyde Park, which is beautiful. I would have brought my running shoes if I'd known what the park would be like!

Cons: The room we had was pretty small-- just enough space for the bed, desk, and our suitcases, but that didn't matter too much since we spent most of our time out and about. Also, the internet is not free, like we had thought-- it cost us 10 pounds for 24 hours (which we purchased, because we needed to figure out our itinerary!)

Overall, this hotel was a comfortable and conveniently located place to stay at a good price.

Room Tip: No need to spend extra on a view-- just get out there and spend time IN the park!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jensd929
Thistlehotels, General Manager at Thistle Kensington Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our internet offering is currently provided via a third party which is accessible via the purchase of a voucher. However we have recently launched our Signature loyalty scheme which gives members limited free access.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

We stayed in Thistle Kensington Gardens hotel this past weekend. All of the staff was very helpfull during our stay. The room was clean and the breakfast was great. The Hotel is only three hundred meters from the underground central line. The view from the window over looking the park is amazing. We will definate go back this year.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dutch88

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly the view from your room and the breakfast!

Reviewed April 1, 2012

I hunted for a base foy my hubby & myself to stay in whilst visiting London for a show and shopping/sightseeing break for 3 days/2 nights at the end of Feb. I couldnt quite decide as I found something that put me off with everywhere I looked at (may it be price or bad reviews or grotty pics!) I booked the Thistle Kensington Gardens after much debate and am so glad I did. This place is a little gem that's near enough to the sights, tubes etc etc but far enough away to feel like youre having a break from the pace of the big smoke. I must admit from outside the place doesnt look to be all that but once you enter reception it's clear that the hotel is classy in every way shape and form and the staff are the cherry on the cake-nothing's too much trouble. We had a top floor room with park view and i must say it was up there with one of the nicest rooms we have ever stayed in. The bed was amazing, huge and so comfy. My husband celebrated his birthday whilst we were there and the lovely chap on reception even brought him a cake to celebrate on our first morning there-very nice touch.If like us you are unsure-please dont be, you wont be sorry. Highly recommended and i would stay again tomw : )

Room Tip: Top floor, park view
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank finnbay

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that your husband had a great birthday!

Reviewed March 31, 2012

Stayed for one night with my partner in one of the deluxe rooms. I'd paid for parking and have to say the carpark was tiny so was difficult to get in and out! However, the room was lovely, light and airy with a very large, extremely comfortable bed. Directly opposite Kensington gardens we had a view to the park which was gorgeous and you're a stones throw from lots of bars and restaurants and notting hill gate. Would stay again

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank jenbee111

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! The hotel has three car parks with the upper level being far larger than the lower ones, and therefore easier to negotiate.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in March, as a base for visiting London. It is a 5 min walk from Queensway tube station. The room was large with a view over Kensington Gardens. Unfortunatley you do get a lot of traffic noise from the road in front of the hotel. The bed was very comfy. There was an iron and ironing board in the wardrobe plus a safe. Large flat screen tv on wall Plenty of toiletries in bathroom. Bath tub and Shower attachment in bath with Shower Screen.

We ate in the hotel restaurant one evening and the food was lovely. Breakfast was buffet service and was also very good. Plenty of hot and cold dishes to choose from. Restaurant and bar were very quite in the evenings so not much atmosphere. Staff all very polite and helpful.

Will definately return.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SUNBEDSUE

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the team polite and helpful!