Thistle Kensington Gardens
$292
$249
$256
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $321/night.

$143
$288
$279
Hotwire.com
2,145 results
All reviewshyde parkqueensway tube stationpark viewcentral linealbert hallconvenience storenotting hillbus stopfirst floorminute walkstandard roomjunior suitemarble archstayed for two nightsexcellent locationexcellent breakfastweekend break
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Excellent London Hotel in a great location with parking.

Rooms are very big, clean and comfortable. Ask for a park view room to get a view of Hyde Park.

The staff are outstanding and an absolute credit to the hotel. Exceed expectaions and really go out of the way for you. Trust me in a London hotel this is difficult to find. Well done all.

Highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank TightGuji
Thistlehotels, General Manager at Thistle Kensington Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Stayed here a few weeks ago and all I can say is that it was fantastic. Over the past years I have stayed in many 5 star hotels which I was impressed with but this hotel was so much better. The service was amazing, the food was just as good. The hotel is a lot more personal than others and felt at home straight away. The only niggle was we were on the 2nd floor and over looked a car park, so try and book a park view if you can. But the room was a decent size, the breakfast was faultless and as you can see from the other reviews this hotel is faultless. I am returning to this hotel and cant wait.

Room Tip: Park view room if you want something to look at.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Swanseasam1987

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. All of our Deluxe and Executive bedrooms have Park Views and are available for a supplement.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

We stayed at this lovely hotel for two nights having booked to see a show on the Saturday evening. Unfortunately I was taken ill on the Saturday morning and the staff could not have been more helpful or attentive. They did everything possible to ease the situation. I can only recommend both the hotel itself and the staff and we are already making plans to return. Has everything you could want with wonderful views of Hyde Park.

Room Tip: We were on the seventh floor which provided excellent views over the park and beyond.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that the team looked after you when you were taken ill, and I trust that you are now feeling better.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for our daughter's 16th birthday and cannot recommend it highly enough. Allal, one of the guest relations team gave us a very warm welcome and upgraded our family room to a junior suite. He also arranged for a birthday cake to be sent to our room free of charge for our daughter. The hotel is beautifully decorated and exceptionally clean and service was excellent. It is also ideally located being about 3 or 4 mins walk from the tube station. We would recommend this hotel to all our friends and hope to stay again soon.

• Stayed: March 2012
Thistlehotels, General Manager at Thistle Kensington Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Allal looked after you!

Reviewed March 9, 2012

We stayed for just one night as my husband was likely to be working late and an overnight stay avoided a very late train home.

From the outside the hotel doesn't look much, but there's not much Thistle can do about this! What they can control is the interior and the refurbishment is absolutely first rate. When you arrive at reception on the first floor there's a real wow factor. The chandeliers are fabulous and the decor very smart.

We were warmly welcomed at reception and informed we'd been given a complimentary upgrade to a room on the top floor with a view over Kensington Gardens. Check in was swift and we took them up on their £10 breakfast voucher offer. We even got two free Crunchie bars!

The room, whilst on the small side, had been beautifully refurbished. The furniture was substantial and smart and the view of the park with so many London sights (Royal Albert Hall, Battersea Power Station etc) was spectacular. We experienced only two problems with the room. Firstly there was terrible interference with BBC2. This wouldn't usually be a problem (how many programmes does anyone watch on this channel?) but there was actually a programme we did want to watch. The volume was all over the place and there was an irritating 'boom' sound all the way through. Concierge came up but there was little we expected him to be able to do. He offered to arrange a room change, but bearing in mind the programme only had 45 minutes left to run we decided to grin and bear it. Secondly, there was only one chair in the room. Admittedly there was little space to put a second chair, but I found the bedside table with a cushion on top sorted this out!

Despite these two very minor niggles I think the hotel absolutely deserves my five star rating. The service was amazing, all the staff were unfailingly polite and helpful. The food in the restaurant was fantastic (corned beef hash with an HP hollandaise sauce!) and the breakfast chef was chatty and kept the buffet fully stocked. My only comment would be that the restaurant blurb promotes the view of the park. There is practically no view out of the windows because of the frosting they've stuck on. This is understandable to block out the (turfed) roof of the petrol station, but it goes up too high and is completely unnecessary at the far end of the room where the roof doesn't extend. Again, this is only a minor thing but could easily be rectified by simply not mentioning the (practically non-existent) view! On a positive note, the dining room has been finished to a very high standard and is a very pleasant room to linger over dinner in.

Lastly, the location is great, only a five minute walk to the tube and the Little Waitrose in the petrol station is a great bonus.

Thistle have clearly been investing significant sums in this and their other properties and the standard of the hotel and staff is something they should be very proud of. Hilton UK could learn a lot from this company!

Room Tip: Rooms with higher numbers are furthest away from the lifts.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BrightonAndy

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and were impressed with our newly refurbished hotel! I have noted your point regarding the television and an engineer has been contacted to resolve this issue.