“Good location but expensive”

Sloane Square Hotel
Ranked #211 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 27, 2013

if you want to be near Chelsea Knightsbridge then the location could not be better. There are some nice bistros and restaurants on the square itself including the hotels own. Downside is the lower rooms are very noisy so make sure you ask for a quiet room. Breakfast was pretty poor.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on as high a floor as possible
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank chasingplanes
TheSloaneSquareHotel, Deputy Manager at Sloane Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

We were pleased to read that you enjoyed our great location. Thank you for your tip to other travellers - depending on personal preference we have a variety of quieter rooms available overlooking the Holy Trinity Church as well as our rooms with a great view of Sloane Square. We appreciate your feedback on Cote Brasserie and have passed it on to their management ream.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,206)

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Have just spent three nights at this hotel and am full of praise. Having stayed at a lot of central London hotels I consider the sloane square to be very good value. The staff from my arrival, when I was told if I wanted a table in the restaurant it only needed half an hours notice, to my departure were polite friendly and professional. Despite previous comments I found the air conditioning to be some of the most effective and quiet in London. The bed and bedding were very comfortable and clean. I live in the country so am used to peace and quiet and found the hotel to be quieter than many other London hotels. There are several comments about the hotel being expensive, well that's total rubbish. The hotel is I'm one of the most expensive parts of town and the rooms, restaurant and mini bar are,in my opinion very competitive. Prior to my booking this hotel I searched other hotels and was amazed that my three night stay was less than some hotels in less select parts of London were charging per night. I lived in London for ten years so I do know which are nice parts and which are not and what things in London cost and all I can say is i am looking forward to my next visit to the sloane hotel. The room I used was clean well laid out and the same size as many other rooms I have slept in in London. There are several average reviews about this hotel, all I can say is I must have been staying somewhere else as they do not match my experiences.

• Stayed: June 2013
TheSloaneSquareHotel, Deputy Manager at Sloane Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for posting such a great review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and have shared your kind comments with our team. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The location is really good, no crowds of tourists, the tube is across the street. The room was rather small but as I was staying alone it was ok for me. The service was perfect, tasty breakfast. One thing that i didn't enjoy was that I could actually hear my noisy neighbours - a family with children. Though the hotel is rather expensive, I'd recommend it. In London most hotels are overpriced.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Christopher P, Deputy Manager at Sloane Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for recommending us to other travellers. We look forward to your next visit. Chris.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The good is that it is a good location being close enough to good sightseeing.

The rest is a let down. Firstly there is no restaurant or lounge area to relax. As many people have commented the restaurant is actually an attached brasserie next door which is actually quite good but means there is no lounge to relax in. The staff were not greatly helpful but also not too bad and it was clean enough. Also the rooms were an ok size for London.

The downside is the noise. I phoned twice to make sure we had a quiet room as I had read some negative comments. We were moved to what I was told would be a quiet room. However when we came in for dinner the noise from the air conditioning was so loud that my wife thought a plane was going over head. If you imagine that then you have a good idea of the noise. The noise went on till about 3am and given that this was the quiet part of the hotel given it overlooks a busy square and side road you can imagine how little chance there is to get a good night sleep in this hotel. I didn't sleep till after 3 when the noise went off.

If i had read reviews properley i would have known. I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid 215 due to noisy air conditioning unit - no sleep at all
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
TheSloaneSquareHotel, Manager at Sloane Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Sorry to read that you felt let down during your stay and we appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention so we can work on a solution. We have a Duty Manager available 24 hours to ensure all our guests are completely satisfied, so we are disappointed that we were unable to resolve your concerns during your stay.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Was really looking forward to staying in this hotel as used to live in Sloane street and love the area, booked a superior twin as I took my sister on a shopping weekend, when we eventually got into the room it was so small it was a joke, 2single beds pushed together not enough room to separate them, went to reception to complain and the staff were amazing and moved us to a club room but although they did separate the 2single beds a little,it was still very short on space, although the room had air conditioning we could not open the windows for some fresh air, had hoped to look out over the square but ended up looking at the side wall of the church. Although the staff were very polite and helpful do not think we will be returning for another stay just to claustrophobic and the rooms are really not worth the price asked.

D.Evans

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Lilylula31

We are sorry that your stay was not as enjoyable as you would have hoped for. We do offer a selection of different room sizes but we take on board your valued comments. All our windows can be opened, however due to health & safety regulations, we have to limit the gap. Hopefully, you will come back to try one of our rooms overlooking the square and we thank you for your kind comments towards our staff. Chris.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed in a double room in the Sloane Square Hotel for two nights in June 2013. My overall impression of the hotel was fair, but it did not overly impress me: the check-in was very quick, however, nobody offered (or assisted me) to carry my suitcases up to my room. This was not exactly a problem as my suitcase was not very large for a short trip, but I would expect this kind of service considering the price paid for the hotel.

Also, prior to my stay I had asked for a parcel to be delivered to the hotel and sent an email informing them of this. Nobody replied to my email so I had to call in to check if this would be a problem and if the parcel could be kept for me. It wasn't a problem and was promptly handed to me upon checkin, but it would have been nice to have my email replied to so I wouldn't need to call.

I stayed in room 105, on the first floor. The room was on the small side, but very comfortable. However, the room is located in an extremelly narrow corridor which, had I been with a large suitcase, it would have been troublesome to get into the room. Inside, although the room was cosy, it only had a very small window which had an unsightly view of a staircase. The bathroom had the amenities needed, plenty of towels and the room itself had a nespresso machine and an ipod dock. I did miss, however, a hair dryer and asked for one at reception. I needed to ask for it twice, but did receive one in the end. On another note, I found it a unreasonable to have to pay for an umbrella or an adaptor available in my use should I decide to use it (I would only expect to pay should I decide to take it home with me), especially considering the rates for the hotel.

I can say with no reservations that the location is the best thing about the hotel: there are fewer best places to stay in London. It is very convenient for kings road shopping as it is for knightsbridge and it is right next door to a tube station and a cab stop. There are plenty of great restaurants nearby. I usually stay in Knightsbridge when I go to London and I did enjoy being closer to King's Road while still very close to Harrods, Harvey Nichols and the park.

Overall, I just thought that the price paid for the room meant I should expect more from the hotel, both in infrastructure and in service. Although I like the location and had no serious problems with the hotel, I would look first to other hotels in the nearby area before staying at the Sloane Square Hotel again, and would only stay here again if the price point was slightly lower than those other options.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

We were sorry to read that your recent stay did not meet your expectations, we value your feedback and be assured that we have taken on board all of the points that you have raised, which will be discussed among the Management. We are glad you enjoyed our great location and hope you will stay with us again in the future as we do not feel your recent visit gave a true reflection of Sloane Square Hotel. Chris.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were in a very nice club room on the third floor facing the sloane square, so we enjoyed the view and the location
The hotel is in a strategic place, full of restaurant and interesting sites
The team was very helpful and professionnal
We'll definitly come back soon

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher P, Deputy Manager at Sloane Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

We were pleased to read you enjoyed your stay in one of our club rooms - particularly the view of Sloane Square and our great location. We have passed your kind words about our staff onto the team. We look forward to your next visit. Chris.