“Sloan square hotel value for money”

Sloane Square Hotel
Ranked #205 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 14, 2012

it is always a pleasure to stay here. I travel to London practically every week and the hotel is my home away from home. I am always greeted with a smile and the staff are always extremely helpfull and thoughtfull.

Room Tip: the top floor can be noisy due to Airco and the front of the building overlooking slaon square has t...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Richard M, General Manager at Sloane Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to post such a complimentary review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you enjoy your regular stays with us and find the hotel very comfortable – like home away from home.

I am delighted that you find out staff extremely helpful and I will of course pass your compliments onto them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Richard Mackie

Write a ReviewReviews (1,206)

Reviewed March 13, 2012

We were at the Sloane Square for two nights and enjoyed a most comfortable stay. Our room ovelooked the square and had all we needed, in particular a most comfortable bed. The staff were attentive in an understated way but made sure that we had all we needed. On Saturday night we enjoyed dinner in the restaurant, making use of the vouchers for a glass of champagne we were given on our arrival. It was a real treat!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, especially our location and our very comfy beds.
I was pleased to read your kind comments concerning our staff and I will of course share this feedback with our team.

I will also pass your compliments to the team at the Chelsea Brasserie.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

The location of this hotel is very convenient for transportation. The Sloane Square underground station is some100 feet away. Taxis are across the street. However, I didn’t find the bedding comfortable. The beds are soft tilted towards one side over the other. The pillows are soft and no where they could find me a firmer one. We requested a quite room when we booked in November for a February stay, yet we got a room backing on the heating/cooling system of the hotel. Windows were locked and do not open apparently because of that. They changed the room for us once we complained. However, this room was beside the service elevator with a fire door that they started using as early as 7:00 am. It banged every time they used it. This was very annoying and upsetting. Corridors are narrow and building backs on the side of a church. I would not stay there again. Apparently, being Canadian, we are spoiled and love to have space and choice of bedding which do not exist in this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise. Ask to change your room if you do not like it. The staff are...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Oum_Sam
Richard M, General Manager at Sloane Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to post a review of the Sloane Square Hotel on Trip Advisor. May I first apologise, I normally respond to reviews within 3 working days but your review somehow was unanswered,

Whilst I am delighted that you enjoyed our hotel's great location I am also disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay as much as the location.

My apologies for the bed linen, we normally receive such compliments with regards to our bedding, people ask where they can obtain the same. However, on this occasion it was not as welcoming and I can only but apologise that housekeeping could not find you something more suitable for your requirements.

I apologise for the room you were allocated, unfortunately when requesting a quiet room we will always locate these away from the main square and street as these remain busy throughout the night. Apologies this was not suitable for you.

Perhaps I will have the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel in the future.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

Small, well designed rooms with a boutique hotel feel. The location on Sloane Square is both charming and convenient, especially if you are working nearby or visiting. Otherwise, that particular tube stop is not connected to another line so you need to change or get cabs or buses. There is a good market, Partridges, a block down King's Road to pick up random things over longer stays. Avoid the rooms near the centre of the building on the lower floors. There is a very loud nightclub that you will hear in your room well into the early hours, plus the shouting that is normal for London late night after things close. Good brasserie in the building for meals, and they do a nice breakfast. A nice feature is the parade of horses from the Palace in the early morning as they exercise around the neighbourhood.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Richard M, General Manager at Sloane Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. It is only through receiving feedback that we can strive to achieve the high standards we demand of ourselves here at Sloane Square Hotel.

It was great to see that you enjoyed your stay and I will ensure our team in our Chelsea Brasserie receives your positive comments regarding meals and breakfast.

We will look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

I stayed there for a business trip. The hotel it's very close to my London office and located in a very chic area. The hotel is small but EXTREMELY cosy, I enjoyed the Sloane Square's view from my window and I really liked the breakfast there. I personally loved the nice staff, especially the girl at the reception and the waiters at the restaurant. You can even borrow DVDs for free. The only thing that I did not like is that you have to pay for Internet, nowadays it's free in most of the hotels. Miriam

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Dear Miriam,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of Sloane Square Hotel. I was pleased to read your kind comments concerning our staff and that you found the hotel to be extremely cosy. I will be sure to share this feedback with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

This older hotel right on the square is super well located. The rooms are a bit tired but acceptable. The staff strive to be as accomodating as possible which is a huge plus!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was delighted to read you found our staff to be so accommodating.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

My husband and I went to London for our Honeymoon. We had such a lovely time there, staying at the Sloan Square Hotel was the perfect choice for us! With excellent location for shopping and only took 2 minutes walk to the Sloan Square Tube station. All the staff were warmly welcomed us and gave us a room upgrade. They were very friendly and helpful as well. The room was very clean and spacious. It's a great value for the price. We'll definitely return to stay there for our next trip.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Richard M, General Manager at Sloane Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of the Sloane Square Hotel on Trip Advisor. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your compliments regarding our location, our warm and friendly staff, our guest room cleanliness and our value for money.

We will look forward to welcoming you back in the future.