“Wonderful”

Royal Lancaster London
Ranked #195 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I stayed at the Lancaster London as part of our group from South Africa , Forever Living. It was rainy and cold compared to where we are from. We loved the hotel so much the service was brilliant , staff were helpful and lovely. Also a receptionist by the name of Lavina was so friendly and warming throughout our week stay. The food was amazing. I will definitely come back when it is sunny and stay again. Thank you !

• Stayed: April 2014
LancasterLondonHotel, Manager at Royal Lancaster London, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear IanShabangu63,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

We are delighted you had great week in London and our hotel, despite the cold weather.

Thank you for your praise of Lavinya, I have shared it with her and she was over the moon about your comment.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stayed at the Lancaster on business last week. It was expensive and my room was shabbier than I expected given the price. I left during the tube strike at just past 9 a.m. and upon asking the concierge if she could organise a taxi for me she responded no taxis were stopping and it would take 1 or 2 hours at least to get one - end of conversation! No attempt to say, I'll try madam, or it's really difficult today, I'll do my best

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
LancasterLondonHotel, Manager at Royal Lancaster London, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear 333CarolR333,

Please accept my apologies for rather disappointing stay at the Lancaster London.

I am very sorry that you did not feel your allocated room was value for money. We will be undergoing a full refurbishment of all rooms in the coming years and hope you will be trying them out.

The tube strike has certainly disrupted the day for all of us in London. I can assure you that our Concierge team would have helped you if there was the chance to obtain a Taxi, however our doorman did take up to an hour to flag down taxis during the morning rush hour, managers going several streets away from the hotel in order to get taxis for guests. I however certainly understand that the communication aspect was not up to the standard we expect from our concierge team, despite them being in a situation where they felt very helpless.

Once again, please accept my apologies that the service delivery has fallen short of your and our expectation, despite which I hope you will give the Lancaster London the opportunity to
redeem itself in the future.

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. While it wasn't warm outside being on a higher floor inevitably made it warm anyway but the a/c wasn't on. Location is great and is relatively quiet except banging of hotel doors starts at around 7 am. The wifi was pretty bad for only allowing 2 hours a day for free.

Stayed: April 2014

Dear vtnataliya,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I am very sorry that the closing of doors was too loud, we aim at adjusting all doors to ensure the self closing mechanism ensure the safety of our guests, yet aim to avoid them closing too loudly.

Please also accept my apologies that the free WIFI was not as reliable as you would have liked, we are in the process of purchasing an additional 30 signal boosters to make surfing the internet really enjoyable.

Thank you once again for your feedback, we hope that you will be choosing the Lancaster London again in the future.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Just returned from a weekend break. This is an excellent hotel in a good position next to the Tube station and with buses going in all directions just outside. Right opposite Kensington gardens as well. The room was of good size and very comfortable. The staff are excellent, attentive and obviously well trained. The breakfasts are amazing with a huge choice including Thai options. Although there were a few tour groups and business people there we never felt out of place as a couple on a weekend break One or two things could be improved-- The carpets in the corridors and our room were looking a bit tired and could do with updating. The lobby area is a bit cold and unwelcoming with the bar and restaurants on the first floor. The lounge bar is a bit formal for my taste with waiter service and prices to match although it was excellent otherwise. Did not try the restaurants although the Thai one was very tempting! Overall a very good hotel which I will be recommending to others.

Room Tip: If you can get a park facing room all the better.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear steviec1211,

Thank you for your lovely feedback and also for mentioning areas we can improve on.

We are delighted you could see that we invest a lot of time in training our staff to be the best they can be and therefore provide exceptional hospitality.

Our lobby and corridors, in fact the entire Hotel will be completely refurbished over the coming years, with a warm and exciting lobby, new furnishings and carpets.

Thank you very much for recommending the Lancaster London, we look forward to welcoming your friends and family and of course yourself back soon.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I been to Island Grill Restaurant with my Daughter last Friday .i had a omelette .that was the best omelette I have ever tested.the waitresses were very friendly even the chef interact with the guest.i will go back to the restaurant soon.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Mitchell R,

Thank you for your lovely feedback about our Island Grill restaurant. I have made sure to share your praise with the Island grill team.

Our Island Grill team is looking forward to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

My wife and I spent a wonderful week while we were there and we would like to express our gratitude to all members of the staff, especially to Julia,Roxane, Alka, Sandra (Conciergerie)
and Sebastian who were always ready to give us a hand. Our room looked onto Hyde Park and we had a splendid view of London form it. If we came back to London, we would definitely choose London Lancaster Terrace HOTEL as our second home abroad.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 16th. floor and it was abolutely large, sunny and with a magnificent view of Lon...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Eduardo M,

I would like to thank your lovely praise of Roxana, Julia, Alga, Sandra and Sebastian. We have shared your feedback with them to ensure they see how special you felt because of their care.

We are also glad you enjoyed your room and all other aspects of your stay.

Your second home is also looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

wow. Love Lancaster Hotel. Staff very friendly. Beds very comfortable. Love the food. Amazing. Definitely recommending it to the whole world when they are in London... As for me difinitely coming back.... God bless.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Lele383,

Wow, thank you for your lovely feedback.

It is fantastic to know that we were able to make your stay really enjoyable.

We hope you will be coming back soon too.