“Nice Breakfast and Grill Steak, others need improve.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lancaster London

Lancaster London
Ranked #239 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Taipei, Taiwan
“Nice Breakfast and Grill Steak, others need improve.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

No free wifi is extremely inconvenient. Small room indeed. A bit noisy for the lower floor rooms (especially when guests hangout from bars late at night).

Good breakfast. Steak is good and not pricey comparing to outside restaurants (recommended). Clean room and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
LancasterLondonHotel, Manager at Lancaster London, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Tzureni,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are delighted you found our food offering to your full satisfaction and had a comfortable stay in your clean room.

I am sorry to hear that the room was a bit noisy, the insulation of rooms will be addressed in our upcoming refurbishment. I would like to use this opportunity to advise you that we offer 2 hours complimentary internet throughout the hotel for guests to enjoy, I am sorry if you have not been made aware of this.

We hope to have you as our guest in the future.

Thoralf Kretzschmar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (789)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I cannot begin to imagine what a logistical nightmare it must be to run a 400+ room hotel. So I tried to keep this in mind and was forgiving of minor faults. Yet there was one thing that was hard to forgive – the behavior of housekeeping staff. Although I never once saw a trolley in the hallway, staff members seemed to always be around at all hours. There was high traffic in and out of the room next door. The closet door was constantly being slid open and closed. Maybe it was their supply closet or break room? But then I later noticed guests w/luggage entering and leaving the room over the course of my stay. There was shouting, loitering near the elevators, cleaning at odd hours (sometimes late evening until midnight). From loud conversations I heard right outside my room, it was apparent that staff enjoyed talking behind the backs of their co-workers. This gave a very poor impression. Not to mention that my room never seemed as clean as it could have been. (Their standard reminded me of Holiday Inn Regents Park.)

Although I had requested a high floor and to be away from elevators, I was given a lower room with a view of the rear parking lot. And was right next to the elevator shaft. Extremely disappointing as I had travelled from abroad and was so looking forward to a nice view. Most of the reviewers on TA seemed to have rooms with amazing views. Maybe it’s because I booked via Orbitz? Btw, notice that most of the stellar reviews have been written by first time reviewers.

The staff at the front desk were very friendly and professional at check-in and check-out. The staff in the business center seemed indifferent and could not bother to volunteer any information or get up to help when there was an issue with the printer. There seemed to be a different face each time I walked by the concierge desk. The few times I had questions, it was obvious they were unknowledgable about the local area. "I'm not a Londoner" is not a good excuse. When I asked for a London Walks schedule, I was handed a general tourist map. How does a concierge not know about these popular walking tours?

Walking out the door to the Tube was always unpleasant – smokers congregated day and night.

The best thing about this hotel was Nipa, the Thai restaurant. The staff was very attentive and the food/drink wonderful. Loved sitting at a table with a view of the Italian Fountains! An amuse bouche was included before the meal and a complimentary dessert was brought at the end. I would consider dining here again in the future even when I stay elsewhere.

Overall, this hotel was nothing like the impression they give on Facebook or on TA reviews. Be aware that they seem to be more focused on their apprenticeship program.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank offtolondon
LancasterLondonHotel, Front Office Manager at Lancaster London, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Offtolondon,

I was very disappointed and concerned to read the comments and may I kindly ask you to contact me directly at your earliest convenience to discuss the issues further you faced during your stay.

We would certainly like to make things right for you. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

My contact detail is st@lancasterlondon.com

Kind Regards,
Saw H Than
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I will definitely stay again in this Hotel. It was a great stay, with good service and lovely views. The shops and high street are very near, so are a lot of the major tourist attractions. The price was right as well. Overall a very nice Hotel.

Room Tip: Get room with park views
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Irene T,

Thank you for your lovely review.

We are pleased to know you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, form the lovely views, the great service and our convenient location.

We hope to see you back very soon.

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay, with professional personel, excellent food at the Thai-restaurant and a wonderful view over Hyde Park from the breakfast table. We took a stroll in the the park every morning and then the tube back to the hotel in the evening.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Folkelvar,

Thank you for your lovely review.

It is great to hear you had a fantastic experience at the Lancaster London. Thank you very mucn for your compliments about our team and service we provided.

We look forward to seeing you soon again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

Seriously, this is one of the very best hotels I've ever stayed in. I've traveled extensively in the U.S. and Europe, and I can't think of a better hotel experience. Staff are kind and go out of their way. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Room service is very prompt. And the breakfast buffet and view of Hyde Park was probably the highlight of my 5 day trip to London. If and when I return to London I will stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Angelapants
Dear Angelapants,

We are thrilled to read your review and have shared it with our teams.

It is fantastic to receive feedback like yours and really shows that our culture of creating memorable stays are truly embedded in our Hotel.

Thank you once again for your wonderful review, we also look forward to having you as our guest soon again.

bude
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

Loved it. Even had a free upgrade with a complimentary bottle of champagne as it was our wedding anniversary. The room was excellent although the bathroom was a bit small. Breakfast was good . It's within walking distance of paddington train station. Nearest tube station is an even shorter walk, Lancaster gate on the central

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear BudeLionking,

Thank you for your lovely review and congratulations on your anniversary once again.

We glad to have been able to make your stay just that little bit special. I am sure the Tripadvisor community will find your transport tips useful.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon, maybe for your next anniversary.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

My Husband took me away for the night and stayed at the Lancaster last weekend. We looked online and the check in was at 2pm, we arrived at 2.30 and was told that our room was not ready for us. We was told that because of this they would upgrade our room but what a coinsidence that this room was not ready which actually makes you think they never upgraded it in the first place. We was told to leave our luggage and come back in half an hour to an hour. When we finally got into our room the views where spectacular and the room itself was wonderful. Bit of a shame the bath plug did not fit the bath so couldnt have a bath and also a part of the toilet roll holder fell off the wall, not what you want when we have paid £200 for a room. Doubt very much that we will be visiting again.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank becgomm
Dear becgomm,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that we were not in a position to honour the 2pm check in time, I can assure you that this is an extremely rare occurrence. I can see from your picture that you have stayed in an embassy suite, of which we only have 5 rooms, I hope this will explain the limited availability.

I will share your feedback about the maintenance of your bathroom with our Executive Housekeeper and chief engineer

We sincerely hope you will have a change of mind and give the Lancaster London another try in the future.