“In need of TLC”

Ranked #234 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Hertfordshire
“In need of TLC”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I would not class this Hotel as a 4 star, more a 3 star due to its tired overall look. It is a bit run down & needs some TLC. Expensive at £179 just for a basic room with no breakfast. Internet free for 2 hours only, no extras - everything comes at a cost.

Sleep was good, I got in at 3am & had to leave at 09:30 - I was woken by a vacuum outside my door from 08:00

Service at the front desk was spot on, I was helped by a lovely Italian lady who was very happy to get me settled.

Room Tip: High & over looking Hyde park
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Knoddy
LancasterLondonHotel, Manager at Lancaster London, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Knoddy,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are sorry to learn that the hotel did not quite match your expectations. We are on the brink of creating the future and you will be happy know that by 2017 the entire hotel will be completely refurbished.

Please accept my apologies for being woken up by a hover, this is very unusual we only hover corridors during the day.

I am however pleased to know that Front Office, Roberta in particular, provided you with great service.

We hope you will be choosing the Lancaster London again in the future.

Thoralf Kretzschmar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (797)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went to the Lancaster for her birthday and the hotel was great but the staff were exceptional !! They went over and above and it was personal, they made us feel like guests not just another number. Rooms are a little on the small side but the locations was great near Harrods and tubes. Was very convenient. Thanks would def go there again

Stayed March 2014
Dear Dafischer,

Thank you for your lovely review.

We are delighted you had a wonderful stay the Lancaster London, it is fantastic to hear you experienced exceptional hospitality.

We hope to welcome you back for your next birthday.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We have stayed here twice now and been very satisfied on both occasions. The staff are very friendly and attentive and the breakfast is lovely. A good location, close to the underground and other transport links and a walk across the road and you are in Hyde Park - very nice. We would stay here again, it is good value for money and convenient.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

LancasterLondonHotel, Manager at Lancaster London, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Michael D,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

Consistency in our service delivery is of the highest importance to us, I am glad you have experienced this constancy and care for our staff.

Thank you also for your feedback that our hotel is value for money, another aspect we always keep in mind.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We were lucky to get a room on the 16th floor so had lovely views of London and Hyde Park. The tube station on the central line is just round the corner so very convenient. All staff were very friendly and helpful and we also saw in our room that there is a really good kid's menu so when our daughter is a little older and joins us on our trips to London we know just where to stay as she will be well catered for at The Lancaster London Hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors have an amazing view of London
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Loolee13,

Thank you for your lovely review.

We are thrilled to know you had a wonderful experience at the Lancaster London. Thank you also for mentioning our special kids menu, we have even more than that on offer, including
Frisbee and creoles and painting book.

To have room on the 15th floor or higher guaranteed, just book our deluxe room.

We look forward to welcoming your family back very soon.

Amman, Jordan
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Great location. Cozy atmosphere. Bright rooms. Beautiful view of hyde park and the city. Great breakfast. Very friendly staff. Right at the bus stop and lancaster underground station. Reviewed by Tamer Qusous.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear tqusous,

Thank you for your review.

We are glad to read you enjoyed every single aspect of your stay, great tips to the community and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Excellent hotel, I have stayed there several times for work. The staff is always accomodating and the breakfast buffet is wonderful. Close to Hyde park and the tube station so city traveling is very easy.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Clare B,

Thank you for your review.

We are delighted you have been staying with us many times and have received consistent good service. Our buffet breakfast is being praised by many guests for one of the best in London, we are glad you are a fan of it too.

We hope you have reason to stay with us again very soon.

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I arrived late in the evening after and long day flying to and from Copenhagen and the Lancaster reception could not find my booking. Reception sent me off to the Lancaster Gate as this close and had a similar name. However after walking for 10 to 15 minutes late at night and after arriving at the Lancaster Gate it was clear that they also did not have the booking. I then rang the switchboard at the Lancaster from the Lancaster Gate who found my booking !! So another 10/15 minute walk back to the Lancaster. Ironically as a group we had booked 10 rooms for the Institute of Customer Service awards dinner at the hotel. Some of the group had been given breakfast with their rate and others had not. I asked why we did not get breakfast included but this was not an option according the reception as we had booked through different websites even though the cost was the same !! I stayed for 2 nights and my room was not serviced the following day. I returned about 1pm and asked reception for it to be serviced as I was surprised it had not been by this time. I went out and returned later and again still nothing had happened. I contacted reception for the second time and this time a very nice maid came in to my room to service the room while I continued to work. This was very late in the day. The room also had a leak from the below the sink so the floor was soaking wet every time you filled the sink. I reported this after I left. Over all customer experience was poor. Still recovering form my excursion to the Lancaster Gate who were very helpful and friendly. Well done Lancaster Gate !!

Room Tip: go to multiple web sites !! you might get breakfast in your room rate !!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Karl B,

Thank you for your review and raising your experience.

I am personally shocked how the Front Office Team has failed to provide you with service anywhere near our normal standards. Please accept my sincerest apologies for your completely unacceptable experience.

May I kindly ask you to get I touch with me to personally discuss your experience under thk@lancasterlondon.com.

Once again, please accept my heartfelt apologies and I look forward to hearing from you.