“"Good Hotel & Marvellous Staff"”

Royal Lancaster London
Ranked #234 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed here in sept as the location of this hotel was ideal for triathlon, opposite Hyde park and conveniently located around the corner from Lancaster gate station. When we arrived at the hotel the queue for checkin was too long but after 10-15 minutes a very polite gentleman from reception (Raffae) apologised for the delay and took us to business centre on the first floor for speedy checkin which was great as we were delayed for our practice session. Our room was a bit small but very clean with a fantastic view of London. Cake, fruits and water is offered in the lobby, absolutely free! Fabulous food at the restaurants and the breakfast was amazing with a huge variety. Staff is very polite and extremely helpful which made our stay 5*. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
LancasterLondonHotel, Manager at Royal Lancaster London, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Paul M,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review of the Lancaster London.

As another Tripadvisor user recently commented, we had a major arrival day for participants of the Triathlon in September and we made all resources available to ensure a smooth operation.

Unfortunately, if a high number of guests arrive at the same time queues can happen, however I am so pleased that the Front of House team, Rafae in particular, assisted you courteously.

The cake, mineral water and fruits are new initiatives in the hotel since this summer to enhance the stay of our guests and we are glad you enjoyed them. Thank you very much for mentioning.

Our Head Chef will be delighted to hear about your feedback of the restaurants and the breakfast, I am sure it will put a smile on everyone's face in the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

There are newer reviews for Royal Lancaster London

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on the shoppers experience which was very good value for money. I think if I had paid the rack rate I might of been a little less enamoured.

Bathrooms are in need of refurbishment, that said the hotel is clean and the beds very, very comfortable. I do agree with one guest who was checking out as I arrived that a complimentary bottle of water should be available in the room at the prices they are charging.

The real stars of this hotel are its staff. I can genuinely say with the exception of one member of staff we encountered everybody was helpful and happy to please.

We ate in the grill restaurant and the value for money is very very good for London.

In summary I have stayed in London five times this year. Only staying once at the Lancaster; however when I bring my daughters for our annual Christmas shopping trip in December we will be staying here for its close proximity to Knightsbridge and good shopping.

• Stayed: September 2013

DearJAXGLOS,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are delighted our staff looked after you very well and you found our Island Grill to be excellent.

We have started to roll out complimentary water in some room higher room categories. Thank you for your feedback about your expectations of complimentary water, I will keep a record as we regularly reassess what we do.

I am very pleased to know that you found the hotel very clean and the bed very comfortable, however am very sorry that bathroom did not live up to your expectations.
It is great to hear that you are planning to come back to us in December; we look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

On booking this hotel we expected better. I made a late booking for £170 without breakfast which I thought a little expensive . when we arrived it looked very nice . However when finding our room having booked a double found we had a twin. after a few phone calls to reception was told they only have 10 double rooms in the whole hotel. we were told to push the beds together which we did then discovered dirty used ear buds and rubbish on the floor under the bed. shame.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
LancasterLondonHotel, Manager at Royal Lancaster London, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear stuart g,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the unsatisfactory stay, this is certainly not the usual high standard we provide to our guests.

I am very sorry to hear that bed set up was not as booked. The majority of our rooms do have so called zip and link beds, which means that guests having booked a double room will actually receive a king size bed once the beds are zipped together. This also includes a lovely mattress topper providing the same comfort as a normal king size mattress. This is generally appreciated by our guest. I am disappointed to read that our reception did advise you to put the beds together yourself ; this is very unusual as our dedicated housekeeping team is always available to do this for our guests.

I would like to advise you that we do have several hundred double rooms, and your room was supposed to be set up as a double room, however due to an operational error the bed was set up incorrectly. I would also like to clarify that we have in total 20 rooms with double bed mattresses, which is what my colleague attempted to explain to you, unfortunately these were
all occupied at the time as we otherwise would have been delighted to change your room.

The cleanliness you have explained is not acceptable and I have informed our Head Housekeeper of this incident. I can assure that necessary steps will be taken to ensure no repeat.

I certainly understand that your recent stay did by no means meet your expectations, despite which I hope you will give the Lancaster London another try in order to experience the true hospitality we are renowned for.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Several dozen athletes from the Team USA triathlon team converged on the hotel the same morning. Nearly every athlete had luggage that included a bike case, which the porters had to store until our rooms were ready. Despite the deluge of luggage, the porters quickly and cheerfully found room for everyone's stuff. The front desk staff also managed well with the long queue of jet-lagged travellers.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear L S,

We hope you had a fantastic experience in London and a great triathlon result.

We were very much looking forward to accommodate the triathlon group and I am delighted to hear that our careful preparation paid off and you found the arrival process very smooth and well managed. I will share your praise with the Guest Services Manager how looks after our porters.

We hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I arrived here with my 11yr old daughter saturday 21st september 2013.previously to this i had contact with the hotel to confirm my booking, as i hadnt recieved any information at that time through e-mail,the staff were wonderful and helped with my concern,i explained it was a surprise for my daughter.s birthday as i was taking her to see mcfly at the Royal Albert Hall and did not have a clue, infact told her we won a competition to see "matilda"so needed to make sure my booking had gone through,they were lovely and told me everything was sorted Great!When we arrived we checked in straight away no delay whatsoever, and really polite and accomodating.Our room wasnt quite ready which was not a problem as i was taking my daughter to london dungeons.We returned and collected our key, we were on the 16th floor fab views overlooking hyde park,room was wonderful with balloons ,chocolates and a card personalised for my daughter,very clean ,bed so comfy,all the facilities you need and bath robes.Our luggage was brought up to our room within minutes,Yes, the bathroom smaller than others, (not a concern for us at all!)but spotless.Breakfast was buffet,everything you want ,extra for omelettes and eggs benedict etc but not necessary for us ,as there was fruit ,cereals, toast full english ,coffee plentyfull,all through our experience here,the staff couldnt do enough for us ,my daughter had a fantastic time!So thank you all for making our short stay in london a great experience!And yes i would recommend this hotel to anyone , and would not hesitate to come back!

Dear Pat J,

We are thrilled to read your review of the Lancaster London.

The pleasure is all ours to have been able to make the birthday of your daughter one she will never forget. We are very pleased that our guest relations team has created a WOW moment.

I am very pleased that you found our service to be of a very high standard.

Thank you very much for your evaluation of our breakfast buffet , I will share your feedback with out breakfast team.

We are delighted to have you as an ambassador of the Lancaster London and we very happy to hear that you will be recommending us to everyone.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon, maybe for next year’s birthday of your daughter.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at the Lancaster London for two nights. We were lucky enough to have a weekend deal in which the rooms were affordable and we were able to stay in a deluxe with a view of the park. The service was very friendly. We had a wide variety of choice for breakfast. Location was great as it was next to Hyde Park and close to a lot of attractions and an underground station. The rooms could use a little makeover, especially the bathrooms. But they were clean and acceptable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear ebty,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback about the Lancaster London.

We are delighted to hear that enjoyed almost all aspects of your stay. I am sorry to read that the rooms did not quite fully meet your expectations, but happy to hear you were still very satisfied with your stay. We are very excited about the future renovation of all rooms and once done, we will be the place to stay in London.

We hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Service was poor and stay was very expensive. I expected a look more from the property because of the price I paid along with the beautiful pictures that I saw of the property. Get ready for the surprise of your life when you see the rooms. I almost forgot...you better hope that the property is not busy with other guests because there are only 4 (very slow) elevators. You many want to consider the safety of the property and stay on the low floors and hope they will show you the stairs.

1  Thank inspector56_10
LancasterLondonHotel, Manager at Royal Lancaster London, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear inspector56_10,

We are very sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed your stay with us.

I am keen to know where we fell short in delivering our usual high standard of service. Please contact me under thk@lancasterlondon.com should you wish to share more detailed feedback.

I am pleased to inform you that we will completely overhaul all 4 existing Elevators and will be adding a fifth Elevator as part of our major refurbishment in the upcoming years. All bedrooms will be refurbished during this time as well.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards