“Great Location”

Ranked #239 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed here during the Christmas Holiday.

I must say, it exceeded my initial expectation based on the review I've read here. Firstly, great location. Nearby Hyde Park and less than 5 minutes walk from Lancaster Gate underground station (central line - red color) that connects you directly to Oxford street, Bond street, Nothing Hill etc. Also within the walking distance to Padington (about 5min walk) and Bayswater (15min walk).

However rooms are very dated and wifi is expensive. Then again I would say for European hotel standard, it is pretty decent. Just not too sure whether it is a 4 star hotel but the service was good. Nonetheless would recommend for its location and price (for Central London standard).

Room Tip: Get the rooms facing Hyde Park.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
LancasterLondonHotel, Manager at Lancaster London, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear FMohamedsha,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted you find our location very convenient and would recommend us.

I am sorry to read that the room did not quite match your expectation, this will however be addressed in the future refurbishment which we are currently working on. I am pleased to know that you found our service to be very good.

The internet price was recently reduced by 30% and special offers installed. Additionally a package which includes the internet is exclusively available on our website. However, I do take your feedback about the internet on board and this will certainly continued to be reviewed in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you or your friends back in the future.

Thoralf Kretzschmar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (789)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Excellent location, five minutes walk to paddington station for Heathrow express. Lancaster gate station is few meters from the station. Overlooking Hydi Park. Friendly staff and comfort rooms. Value for money. Will stay again in the hotel whenever I go to london.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
LancasterLondonHotel, Manager at Lancaster London, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Ahmed A,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

We are glad that we ticked all the boxed you expect form a quality hotel in central London, particularly that our staff is friendly and welcoming.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you stay in London.

Munich, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Really nice hotel, shows a bit its age especially in the bathroom fixtures, but otherwise excels at providing a nice comfortable atmosphere. The hotel itself is nicely located next to Hyde Park and has its "own" tube station right around the corner. Hotel bar is very nice, the AC could be set a bit higher though....

Personnel is extremely helpful and cheerful, and ready to solve any problems you'd have.
The prices are a bit high, but more or less in line with the London costs...

Room Tip: WiFi signal level in the room can prove to be problematic, best reception was next to the door ....
Dear Serban S,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at the Lancaster London.

We are delighted that you found all our staff to be cheerful and ready to help at any time. I am happy to learn you enjoyed our bar on the first floor as well as our location.

I would like to use this opportunity to advise you that we are in the process of putting measures into place to further increase the quality of internet connection throughout the hotel.

We hope to see you soon again.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

We found the Lancaster London Hotel a real jewel! The room was spotlessly clean, amenities very nice and all hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The concierge was always ready with information and advice. The location was perfect for us. With both bus and tube just steps from the hotel, it was easy to get to any part of London in a timely manner. The menus of the hotel's two restaurants made dining in a nice experience, and the hotel's location gives options for a number of wonderful places to eat. We definitely would return to the Lancaster London. Sandra S.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Travelpro556,

We are pleased to learn you had a wonderful stay at the Lancaster London.

We consider our staff to be our biggest asset and we are delighted you have received excellent service throughout your stay with us.

I have taken the liberty to forward your very nice feedback about our restaurant to the Food and Beverage Manager to share within the team.

We hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Great location, near Hyde park and Paddington Station. The rooms are small but cozy, and I had a nice view.

But I am very disappointed with the service. I have over 60 reviews on tripadvisor.com and I don't think I've ever given a 1 out of 5 rating before. That's because the front desk and management let me down twice, and did nothing to compensate.

First, I arrived in the morning. My company pays for the previous night's lodging so that we may check into our hotel rooms after our early morning arrival. My room was not available when I arrived around 8am. I did not receive my room until around 1pm. No real apology.

Second, when I checked out, I had the room and taxes charged to my company credit card and incidentals charged to my personal credit card. When I returned to the States, I found that the hotel had mistakenly charged the room and taxes to my personal account. I called them, and was told that they would have to track down the new employee who checked me out. That was 2 days ago. That may sound impatient, but I find the lack of response from the hotel unacceptable. I've had my assistant contact the hotel several times, without a response. It's simply unacceptable for a business hotel of this caliber.

Despite the good location and clean rooms, I can't give an overall rating about 1 because a good hotel is more than a clean room in a good location--we pay higher rates for good service.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing Hyde Park.
1 Thank FlightSurgeon66
LancasterLondonHotel, Manager at Lancaster London, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Anthony C,

I am very disappointed that we have failed to provide you with excellent service, both during your stay and after. It is very rare for our team to provide such unresponsive service and I can assure your comments have been addressed to the team.

I am glad that I was since able to get in contact with you and delighted to know that you will be returned to the Lancaster London should the occasion arise.

Once again, please accept our apologies for the below par service provided, despite which I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Rooms were hit and miss. I stayed twice in September 2013 and the first time I had a very large room, while the second time I had what felt like a closet.

My only real complaint with the property is the water temperature in the shower. The temperature range seems to only go between incredibly hot and scalding. There is nothing cooler than incredibly hot, which made for painfully frustrating showers.

On the flip side, the location is great and the staff are excellent and very helpful and friendly. Also the buffet breakfast is great.

Dear Leif D,

Thank you for your review of the Lancaster London.

We are delighted to learn that you found our staff to be excellent and friendly in all aspects of your stay. However, I am very sorry to read that you found it difficult to adjust the temperature of your shower to a comfortable setting and have therefore forwarded your feedback to the engineering team to keep a record.

We have several different room types within the hotel and can only assume that you have been staying in a higher category on one occasion.

I would like to thank you for your great feedback about our breakfast buffet, this is an area we have been working on very hard over the last months to improve and we are glad we have met your expectations.

london, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

What can I say? Absolutely fantastic staff at his hotel! Attended a family wedding and we were there the whole day with my 8 month year old daughter who was playing up - daddy's turn to look after little one! As my luck had it she'd also dirtied her tights - luckily not her dress... When I asked Kanako (a member of staff walking past) about laundry she immediately helpfully oblidged and escorted me up to the laundry where she took the soiled tights off my hands to get them washed and dried. After 30 minutes she came looking for me downstairs and presented me with a smart package - the clean and dry tights! In between the wedding and reception most people were at the bar upstairs and we needed somewhere quietier for the baby. Mr Rafae Ahmed - at guest services - stepped into rescue! I was already impressed with Kanako's hospitality and politeness but this chap was absolutely amazing - he saw my plight and arranged to open up a small meeting room that was not being used and finally our daughter was able to calm down and sleep. Not only that, he frequently checked up on us and asked us if we needed anything or could be of hand - even with complimentary tea/coffee. What a true gentleman. I want to say thanks to the superb hospitality displayed and the true kindness shown by the staff at Lancaster hotel - I've stayed in many many 5 star (and even 7 star) hotels around the world - the staff here went above and beyond. Many thanks!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear bigbapu,

Thank you very much for your truly amazing review of the Lancaster London.

We are proud that all our staff, particularly Rafae and Kanako, have displayed our “ We always care” vision. We strive to provide the best customer service in London and we are pleased that we have exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming your family back to the Lancaster London in the near future.