“Great Hotel, Great location with great staff!”

Royal Lancaster London
Ranked #194 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I recently stayed here on business and also took some personal time to explore London with my wife. The location is perfect, overlooking Hyde Park and only five minutes from Oxford street.
The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful in both providing directions to various places of interest and advising on restaurants, bars etc. Everyone from the cleaning staff to the concierge were so friendly that I will be recommending this hotel to friends and colleagues for future trips to London, be it business or pleasure.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
LancasterLondonHotel, Manager at Royal Lancaster London, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for recommending us! It is always such a pleasure to hear when guests have had a good time with us. Do come and visit again soon!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I recently stayed here on business. The location is very good as it is right on the Lancaster Gate tube station. Hyde Park is right across the road from the hotel. It's worth asking if a park view room is available ... Our room on the 4th floor overlooked the car park not Hyde Park! Amenities in the room are what you expect in London, well furnished and pacious for London. The bed we had was two singles pushed together to make a king but they did not put a mattress top over the beds so we had a big line down the middle of the bed which made it uncomfortable for my wife and I. The room does include an iron and ironing board as well as tea/coffee making facilities. The A/c has three setting off, low and high ... No temperature control ... But it is reasonably quiet. Breakfast in one of the two restaurants is either à la carte or buffet ... The buffet is very good (the Bircher Muesli is one of the best I have tasted ... Wish I had the recipe). Because i overlooked the car park I can attest that the hotel has ample parking for guests which is rare in London. the staff were all very civil for the most part but the service wasn't exceptional.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Lancaster London. We are in the process of putting toppers in all of the rooms and this should be completed very soon. We hope that you will be back for more Bircher Muesli soon…and who knows…perhaps we can get the chef to divulge his recipe?!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Ideal Location, being just a short walk either to Oxford Street or across Hyde Park to Harrods, and the walk through the three Parks to Westminster is lovely on a nice day.

The Hotel Staff are exceptionally helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Worth paying a bit extra for a Superior Room with Park View - tremendous view across the Park to Wes...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing about Lancaster London.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed in the hotel with five friends for four nights. We had a meal in the Island restaurant on two nights the food was great and very good service and staff. Sebastian the doorman was excellent very knowledgeable about London, we would recommend him for employee of the month if this is possible he was fantastic and handsome too.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Yvonne B

Wow! Sebastian will be very pleased with that title we are sure! Your review has been sent on to him and we are sure he is standing by the front door with a giant grin on his face and perhaps blushing a bit too! Thank you for writing your review.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

The hotel in very nice. The staff is kind and helpful. Location is extremely comfortable, right beside the northern area of Hyde Park, and right beside a small underground station that will get you anywhere in London fairly easily. Also, the area of the hotel is packed with different resturants and cafes, you could always find something to fit your taste. There aren't any other touristic attractions near the hotel, but getting to them is made very easy due to the underground station mention above.
We did not have breakfast at the hotel, so we cannot comment on that. We did eat dinner at the hotel resturant, which was very good, at an appropriate cost. Not too expensive, but definitely not cheap.
We had two twin beds in our rooms, that were too soft and uncomfortable to sleep in for us.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Avner Y

We are pleased that you found the location so convenient. It is a shame that you were not able to get a good night’s sleep, but we are pleased that you liked the team and found us kind and helpful!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Wow, I had booked thru booking.com, had requested a great room due to the length of my stay. I was not disappointed. Everyone said expect a small room!
But no. I was given a corner room over looking the city on the ninth floor.
The bed was two king singles put together. This would be nasty is it was a couple booking, but as a solo booking no problem at all.

Aside from 10:45pm one night a client accidentally set off the fire alarms ; ((

My stay was very comfortable and all requests were quick, polite and met with a smile.

When a pre arranged tour group "forgot" to pick me up. The concierge was on the phone to the company telling them he was putting me in a taxi and they were would sort out the problem between themselves.

Reception, concierge, house keeping, room service, The Island and the Thai Restaurants team members were all on there A Game. Making my lengthy stay a real treat, well done and a big thank you.

Location to Lancaster Gate underground 150 Mts. around the corner. As were the bus stops including The Hop On Hop Off buses. So close, easy and convenient.
Hyde Park straight across the road.

Bathurst Street, adjacent to the hotel entry had five assorted restaurants and The Bathurst Deli with eat in or take out, home cooking, wine, beers and ciders on offer.

My walk one beautiful sunny day to Marble Arch took me 12 minutes, Location, Location,Location. For me it ticked all the boxes. My next stay in London will be at Lancaster London, corner room!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large, sunny and with great views.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Oz58

Thank you for writing such a detailed account of your stay at Lancaster London – we look forward to your return!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We were staying in London for 2 nights after doing a transatlantic crossing on the Queen Mary 2. The one sour note to the stay was the check in. We had booked a superior king room with a city view at the weekend special price which included full breakfast. We arrived at the hotel a little before 1:30. Official check in was at 2 PM. They didn't have our room ready and called housekeeping to find out when it would be ready so we went off to their lounge area to get some lunch. I went back to check after 2 pm and the room still wasn't ready. Nevertheless, everyone else who had just walked in to check in was leaving with a room key. Because they couldn't officially check us in they couldn't take a credit card so each time I went back to check on the room I had to stand in a long line of people checking in. They told me 15 more minutes so I went back to the lounge to wait since they said they would contact the lounge. Sometime after 3 PM our room was finally ready. I understand that all rooms can't be ready before check in however if someone calls housekeeping it seems like they would try and get the room ready since they know a customer is waiting. When we got to the room it smelled heavily of febreze. We had asked for a non-smoking room so we wondered whether someone had smoked in this room and they were febreze-ing it to death to get the smoke out. Nevertheless, once we checked in it was fine. The room was quite large by European standards. The bed was ok but not as good as the boat's bed (which was surprising). The full breakfast was very good and service was good. Location is great as it's right by Hyde Park and several tube stations. I agree that the furnishings are a bit worn and very 20th century however I don't really care about that as long as the room is comfortable and clean. One nice thing that I don't remember seeing before is that they had outlets by the desk and mirror for 110 volt (US outlet) and 220 volt (European outlet) in addition to UK outlets. Even though we had an adapter it's always better to use the correct voltage as I had already fried my hairdryer on the boat (using the correct outlet, no less). So I thought this was a nice addition.

Room Tip: We were on the 17th floor in a city view room but still had a good view of Hyde Park. The view was...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MabelNY

Thank you for sharing your impression of Lancaster London. We are sorry that your check-in was not as smooth as it could have been, especially after such a long journey. Your feedback has been passed on to the Front Office team and will be dealt with accordingly. We hope that you will give us another go next time you are in London so that we can show you our true hospitality spirit!