This hotel is modern, has larger rooms (similar to USA hotels), reliable wifi (although with fee). The staff is friendly and provides great service (upon check-in, my TV was not working, but they fixed it while I went out for dinner).
My room was very quiet. I had a great view of Hyde Park and the city. Given the angle of the hotel, I image most rooms would have a nice view. I was on the 7th floor. The windows open, so you can get fresh air if you want. And great curtains to black out city lights at night. Also good air conditioning if you need it.
The location is fantastic. Two minute walk to the subway (Lancaster Gate station), 5 minute walk to Paddington Station (for subway, and also many trains to visit outlying areas like Bath, or the 15-minute Heathrow Express). Also several bus stops on the triangular block this hotel is on (I found the buses are sometimes easier than taking the subway). Also near Paddington there are some decent pubs with both locals and tourists -- and some tiny convenience type stores if you want to buy bottled water, snacks, etc. And of course, it's just a walk across the street to the beautiful Hyde Park. Also a Barclay's bike rental station within 2 minute walk. Plus, for tourists, if you are using the "hop on, hop off" bus tours ("Big Bus" or "Original"), there is a stop on the back side of the hotel -- which makes it even more convenient.
Plenty of taxis out front, if you need one.
The hotel also has roomy, quick elevators (not always the case in busy hotels like this).
The only slight complaints:
- the mini bar wasn't fully stocked. No snacks, no diet drinks. But the refrigerator did have lots of room for me to store my bottled water.
- the bathroom in my room was slightly elevated (about a 3 inch step). After stubbing my toe twice, I put a pillow in front of the doorway to the bathroom to remind of the step.
This is an outstanding hotel, and I will definitely be staying here on my next visit to London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether looking down from one of the 416 well-appointed guest rooms and suites, or admiring the outlook from either award-winning restaurant, the 4-star deluxe Lancaster London hotel boasts some of the most panoramic views in the city, overlooking the lush green expanse of Hyde Park and many of the capital's famous landmarks. Walking-distance from Oxford Street, adjacent to Lancaster Gate Central Line tube station (providing a fast direct link to the CBD) and just a stone's throw from the Heathrow Express at Paddington, the hotel's location is perfect for all business and leisure visits to London. Renowned for its world-class function space, the Lancaster London's flexible meetings and events facilities can accommodate up to 3,000 guests. The vast Nine Kings and Westbourne Suites have their own dedicated entrances, sound-proofed dividing walls, state-of-the-art AV equipment and retractable Italian chandeliers. The Forest Suite is a collection of 13 contemporary spaces that can cater for smaller meetings and events of up to 200 delegates. Stylishly yet comfortably furnished using natural woods and fabrics, they are individually-designed to be inviting, calm and businesslike. Dining options at the hotel range from 24-hour room service, to traditional Afternoon Tea, to gourmet experiences in one of the highly-regarded restaurants. Inspired by the original Nipa Restaurant in The Landmark Bangkok Hotel, the 55-seat Nipa Thai Restaurant features a teak panelled interior and stunning traditional furnishings and ornaments, crafted in Thailand. Whether you judge it on its mouthwatering cuisine, subtle oriental décor or welcoming ambience, it is one of the most authentic Thai eating experiences in Europe. In contrast, Island Grill is a stylish modern venue featuring a delicious menu of wide-ranging European dishes alongside a varied selection of cocktails and wines to suit every taste and appetite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Preferred Hotels, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lancaster London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancaster London Hotel London
- Royal Lancaster London
- Lancaster London England