I love this hotel; it's consistently good and feels like a touch of luxury.
That said, I only stay here when the price is reasonable, down to roughly £100 per night. If I were paying £180+, which it usually costs, then I would probably be looking for better quality.
The rooms are perfectly sized and very comfortable. More than enough space, a comfortable bed, desk and cabinet for minibar, TV etc, and of course light and airy with decent views from the windows.
The bathrooms are fine - plenty of room for all your bits and pieces, lovely hot, powerful shower (or bath) - and though the design is classic with lovely marble, dare I say that it is starting to look a bit dated?
The only down side to this hotel for me (apart from the price unless you get a good deal) is that there can be noise from the corridors, particularly from slamming doors (silent closing mechanisms might be a good investment?).
The staff are fantastic - professional yet extremely friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether looking down from one of the 416 well-appointed guest rooms and suites, or admiring the outlook from either award-winning restaurant, the 4-star deluxe Lancaster London hotel boasts some of the most panoramic views in the city, overlooking the lush green expanse of Hyde Park and many of the capital's famous landmarks. Walking-distance from Oxford Street, adjacent to Lancaster Gate Central Line tube station (providing a fast direct link to the CBD) and just a stone's throw from the Heathrow Express at Paddington, the hotel's location is perfect for all business and leisure visits to London. Renowned for its world-class function space, the Lancaster London's flexible meetings and events facilities can accommodate up to 3,000 guests. The vast Nine Kings and Westbourne Suites have their own dedicated entrances, sound-proofed dividing walls, state-of-the-art AV equipment and retractable Italian chandeliers. The Forest Suite is a collection of 13 contemporary spaces that can cater for smaller meetings and events of up to 200 delegates. Stylishly yet comfortably furnished using natural woods and fabrics, they are individually-designed to be inviting, calm and businesslike. Dining options at the hotel range from 24-hour room service, to traditional Afternoon Tea, to gourmet experiences in one of the highly-regarded restaurants. Inspired by the original Nipa Restaurant in The Landmark Bangkok Hotel, the 55-seat Nipa Thai Restaurant features a teak panelled interior and stunning traditional furnishings and ornaments, crafted in Thailand. Whether you judge it on its mouthwatering cuisine, subtle oriental décor or welcoming ambience, it is one of the most authentic Thai eating experiences in Europe. In contrast, Island Grill is a stylish modern venue featuring a delicious menu of wide-ranging European dishes alongside a varied selection of cocktails and wines to suit every taste and appetite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Lancaster London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancaster London Hotel London
- Royal Lancaster London England