Royal Lancaster London
$288
$279
Hotwire.com
3,756 results
All reviewshyde parkisland grillpark viewpaddington stationlounge barcentral lineoxford streetheathrow expresslondon skylinesuperior roomafternoon teabuffet breakfastkensington gardensmarble archan upgradefantastic hotellondon eye
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Enjoyed our 8 night stay with no problems at the Lancaster London. When the window was closed could not hear street noise from our 4th floor room. Good location right over the Lancaster Gate underground station and 5 minute walk from Paddington station. Loved being near Hyde Park on sunny days. Reception desk was always helpful. Room was clean, bed comfortable and good water pressure in shower. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant, The Island Grill, was tastey and the menu indicated free WiFi was available. We were not impressed with the Thai food at the Nipa but service was good. Would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
LancasterLondonHotel, Manager at Royal Lancaster London, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for writing about your stay at Lancaster London. We are very happy to hear that you found your stay so enjoyable. We do hope we will see you again.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel is fairly close to Paddington station where the express trains arrive from Heathrow.
I have stayed many times in Hotels just next to Paddigton station, with surprisingly low quality in room facilities (tiny rooms, no closet, proplematic access to toilet) and aufully expensive.

Lancaster hotel seems to offer a descent balance between cost and facilities. The room I stayed was spacious, clean and pleasant, a big surprise for the low quality standards of the neibourhood.

Recommended

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
LancasterLondonHotel, Manager at Royal Lancaster London, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

It is nice to hear that you liked the hotel and our facilities. We do always try to offer the very best in quality of product and service. We hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

The hotel is located besides Hyde park, Lancaster gate tube station is right around the corner, and just a few minutes walk from Paddington station. Arrived early in the morning (8am), and my room wasn't available, waited for an hour. When the room was available I was informed that there was a problem with the A/C,they told me that they'll be upgrading my room but it would take more than 30mins to an hour. Decide to go out and see what's around the area, leaving my luggage behind. Also got a few tips from the concierge on what attractions to see within the area. Was also pointed to the Olympic shop at Hyde park which was having a 50% off sale on almost all items. Got back at the hotel and my upgraded room was ready. The room was big, the bath clean and the wifi signal was strong. But they forgot to bring up my luggage, needed to call them up to bring it up. I didnt go for their breakfast offering though. All in all, I was satisfied my with my stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room opposite Hyde park, and on a higher floor to enjoy the view. I did!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at Lancaster London!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Over the past 20 years I have traveled a few times a year to London and visited many hotels. Some to remember and some definitely to forget. The landcaster London stands out of that crowd as head and shoulders above the rest.

Not only is the location special with a fabulous view over hyde park and London city skyline in the background, it is also extremely conveniently located near Paddington station (7 mn walk) which is the Heathrow express end point. I have been from the airport to my room in less than 45 mn.

Now, on top of that the staff is very friendly and would bend backward for you. I actually know a few of them by their first name!

I highly recommend the Lancaster London as a very friendly,high quality and convenient place to be in London, my home away from home.

Best Regards,
Henri

at least half a dozen time The landcaster London has become my home away from home.

Room Tip: The Royal Park Suite is a fabulous room but is priced accordingly. I suggest to book it for a day or two at the end of the trip...
1  Thank Henri F

Dear Henri, thank you very much for your kind words. It is lovely to hear that we have made you enjoy your stay in London so much. We really do hope that you will be back again soon to visit!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed here for one night in September and I was not terribly impressed. As far as large hotels go, it was fine. The staff were certainly friendly. Very friendly. Unfortunately, the staff were also not particularly knowledgeable, and as a result, not very helpful. It is too bad too. I think that with some proper training, this hotel would be a great place to stay; as I said, the people working there are friendly.

For example, we asked the concierge (usually a hotel's pinnacle of customer service) about recommendations on where to go, and he really just sort of gave up after hemming and hawing for a bit.

The hotel also loses a point for the middle of the night fire alarm and much banging and clanging in the halls outside of my room in the wee hours.

The room itself was just fine. The bath was also fine, though I would prefer a shower to a bath/shower combination; especially a bath that is so high off the ground that you feel as though you are dismounting when you climb out of the shower. No loss of points for that, just some feedback.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing about your stay at Lancaster London. We take the comments that our guests write very seriously, therefore your comments have been passed on to the head of the concierge team and the Reception manager to investigate further. We would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the fire alarm going off and disturbing your sleep. We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Lancaster London in the near future.