Where to start? Okay. Check-in. Despite notifying the hotel in advance that an extra guest would be staying at an agreed rate, there was no record of this. Secondly, members of staff appeared to have a lot of difficulty with my British accent. In fact, I was asked if I was from the U.K. (I am). There was then a lot of confusion about having a double-barrelled name. (Staff member spoke very slowly to me: ‘No, what is your f-a-m-i-l-y- name.’) After my giving up on that one, another staff member was called in to help with the language/booking problem. After treating me as if I had never stayed at a hotel before, he felt it necessary to tell me I would have a ‘Double bed!’ (Whoopee do). As I just wanted to check-in, I decided to deal with the pricing issue later. Now, the room. Lovely. Overlooking the car park with taxi-drivers able to see into the room. There was rust on the sink plughole, and a tiny bath from about 1970 I’d say. Tried to shower, only to have tepid water (the next day the water was boiling hot and the temperature handle virtually impossible to move). Phoned for room service, again, staff member unable to understand my British accent. When I ordered I was told firmly my bowl of pasta would take 20 mins. No common courtesy on the telephone – my request was treated as more of an imposition. Now. To the room lights. One bulb gone, and the light next to the bed, buzzed and fizzed rather disconcertingly at the switch point so decided not to touch it again. The room was small and gloomy and there was only one set of everything. It was a very hot night, and the air conditioning unit was old and very noisy. Breakfast was average. I’ve rated one star as the bed was good and the room was clean. In fact, the staff employed to clean the rooms were helpful and efficient. So the stars for them!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether looking down from one of the 416 well-appointed guest rooms and suites, or admiring the outlook from either award-winning restaurant, the 4-star deluxe Lancaster London hotel boasts some of the most panoramic views in the city, overlooking the lush green expanse of Hyde Park and many of the capital's famous landmarks. Walking-distance from Oxford Street, adjacent to Lancaster Gate Central Line tube station (providing a fast direct link to the CBD) and just a stone's throw from the Heathrow Express at Paddington, the hotel's location is perfect for all business and leisure visits to London. Renowned for its world-class function space, the Lancaster London's flexible meetings and events facilities can accommodate up to 3,000 guests. The vast Nine Kings and Westbourne Suites have their own dedicated entrances, sound-proofed dividing walls, state-of-the-art AV equipment and retractable Italian chandeliers. The Forest Suite is a collection of 13 contemporary spaces that can cater for smaller meetings and events of up to 200 delegates. Stylishly yet comfortably furnished using natural woods and fabrics, they are individually-designed to be inviting, calm and businesslike. Dining options at the hotel range from 24-hour room service, to traditional Afternoon Tea, to gourmet experiences in one of the highly-regarded restaurants. Inspired by the original Nipa Restaurant in The Landmark Bangkok Hotel, the 55-seat Nipa Thai Restaurant features a teak panelled interior and stunning traditional furnishings and ornaments, crafted in Thailand. Whether you judge it on its mouthwatering cuisine, subtle oriental décor or welcoming ambience, it is one of the most authentic Thai eating experiences in Europe. In contrast, Island Grill is a stylish modern venue featuring a delicious menu of wide-ranging European dishes alongside a varied selection of cocktails and wines to suit every taste and appetite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royal Lancaster London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancaster London Hotel London
- Royal Lancaster London England