“Location, Location, Location”

Ranked #385 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Glendale, California
“Location, Location, Location”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for six nights last September/October. We were given a room on the first floor at the very end of the hall. We were told by the reception staff that this is a room people request and that we lucked out- apparently it's quieter and a little larger than most of the other rooms.

We found it to be very comfortable and perfect for our stay. When we entered the room, the bathroom was to our right and there was a long hall ( with a huge closet/plenty of storage) and a step the led down to the bed/desk area. Plenty of room and tastefully decorated. I liked that the room had extra touches like a giant throw blanket and current fashion magazines. It's the little things that go a long way.

The location can't be beat. This was my first time in London and my husband was tied up with work commitments, so I had to explore on my own. The hotel is located just behind Oxford street ( five min from Selfridges), I easily walked through Hyde Park to explore the museums and go to Kensington Palace. There was never a lack of things to do and I always felt very safe, including going out alone at night to grab dinner. The hotel was lovely, but I felt like the price was really due to the amazing location, which was worth every penny.

The staff was wonderful and I always felt like a valued guest.

I would definitely stay here again and judging by some of the comments, I guess I'd make sure to ask for the same room- 1st floor, all the way down the hall. It was great!

Like my review? Check out my blog!

Room Tip: 1st floor at the end of the hall ( shhh...don't let too many people in on this secret!)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Shyam_Antyah, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Karen,

Thank you for choosing us for your six nights' stay in London.

It was indeed our pleasure to be your host during your stay and I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable time throughout. I am also very glad to read that you found your room to be up to your comfort and well decorated. We work tirelessly to make sure all our bedrooms are in pristine condition so that our guests feel at home away from when staying with us. Your point about our location is so right, being so close to Selfridges, Oxford Street, Hyde Park and all the major attractions undoubtedly gives our guests an advantage.

Thank you once again for staying with us and for showing your support on Tripadvisor. We look forward to have you with us again.

Warmest wishes,

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Arabic first
London
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in several London hotels so I expected a small room but this was ridiculously small! The bath door opens inwards so there is only about six inches for a person to walk between the door and the sink! It was a struggle to comb my hair let alone actually get ready in there.

There is one plug socket in the room so you have to sit next to the door if you want to use it!

As the gentleman from the front desk was helping me with my bag he said "you've got a very quiet room". He was clearly being sarcastic! The room (109) was right above the kitchen so all I could hear all night, was the clatter of glasses, plates and silverware. The ceiling is very thin as I could hear every footstep from the people above me. Needless to say, I got very little sleep!

The staff are very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was what you would expect but I will not be staying here again!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
NesarSiddiqui, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Selectiv,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I was disheartened to learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us entirely and would like to offer you my sincerest apologies.

Please be assured that I have personally looked into the issues you have highlighted in the room along with our Maintenance Manager and whilst we cannot change the size of the room we take into consideration your commnets with a view to making some immediate improvements such as adding an extra socket in the room.

With reference to the noise coming from outside the room we found this to be a little odd as the room is not above the kitchen. Nevertheless, we will monitor this area to enable us to identify the root cause of the noise.

Thank you again for bringing these matters to our attention and I hope that you will change your mind and consider staying with us again. Please contact me directly for your next stay in London. I would very much like to have the opportunity to oversee your next reservation with us and ensure it is comfortable in all aspects. I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you again soon.

siddiqui@radisson.com
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Great location for our weekend in London for the theatre and museums. The room was small but was very clean and had everything we wanted. The staff were very helpful especially Christina. Great breakfast

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Shyam_Antyah, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

It is a great feeling to learn that you had a nice stay and Christina was thrilled to see her name being mentioned on Tripadvisor.

We hope to have you with us in the near future.

Kind regards,

Leeds
Reviewed June 26, 2014

It didn't bode well when I was offered a free bottle of wine when checking in, however I was still shocked when I saw the tiny room. It was a single room but there was nowhere to put my case, barely room to turn round in the bathroom and the window overlooked stairs/rubbish. For the price it was ridiculously expensive. The staff were helpful but as fully booked there were no alternative rooms.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to read that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us due to the size of the room you had been allocated. A handful of our rooms tend to be on the smaller side and we make every effort to inform our guests upon check in when a smaller room may be allocated. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.
I hope that you will provide us with another opportunity to serve you again and the chance to reinstate your confidence with us. Please drop me an email the next time you are in London so that I can personally oversee your reservation and ensure your next stay is satisfactory in all aspects.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Siddiqui@radisson.com
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Go find Christina. She will give you the best service through out the stay. The staff all are very friendly and helpful. I recommand for all the shopping ladies out there do stay here cause is just behind selfridges and primark. Cheers!

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Shaham,

Thank you very much for showing us your support on this platform.

Christina is a great ambassador of the world class service we endeavour to provide to all our guests. Furthermore, I am very happy that you had a lovely time in our company.

We look forward to having you with us soon.

Kind regards,

Philadelphia
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Despite reading all of the reviews prior to booking, I booked myself into this hotel for one night over the weekend. Check-in was a breeze, staff was friendly, although they initially offered me a free upgrade then changed to charging me "just £40" for the night - which I of course declined. I did find the salesman-style pitch odd when I hadn't asked for an upgrade in the first place. A few minutes after I arrived in my shoebox of a room, I received a call from the front desk asking how my room is. I mentioned that it is tiny, and the woman then offered to see if she could find me a larger room. She called back a few minutes later with the same song-and-dance that I had just received downstairs at check-in. A minor annoyance, but what was the point of calling me in the first place??!

Room is reminiscent of a small below deck cruise ship room. Very narrow twin bed. Room itself is so narrow that I could only open my suitcase on the floor by the door. Sink has absolutely no space to place toiletries - I too ended up storing my bathroom toiletries on the floor, next to my suitcase. Shower is adequate but tiny (mine also had a leak which made the entire bathroom floor wet). The hotel's saving graces are 1) its location, 2) free wifi, 3) the fact that it's modern. Only stay here if you get a good rate and plan to spend the majority of your time outside the hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Elizabeth7887,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex hotel here on Tripadvisor. I was disappointed to learn that you were not entirely happy with your stay with us particularly due to the size of the room you had been allocated. May I take this opportunity to offer you my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you may have been caused.

A handful of our standard rooms are on the compact side and more suitable for the short stay guest. However, I fully take on board your comments regarding the lack of space for your toiletries and your suitcase and would like to assure you that I have conveyed your comments to our product team so that a suitable solution can be found.

All our guests are offered an upgrade to a higher category room type for a small supplement upon check in. It would appear that this was not communicated in a clear manner on this occasion and I am sorry for the misunderstanding. Your feedback on this point and the follow up call to your room has been reiterated to the Front Desk team.

Thank you again for your constructive feedback. I hope that you will consider staying with us again and allow us another opportunity to look after you. Please feel free to contact me directly when booking your next stay in London. It would be my pleasure to oversee your next stay with us and ensure that your stay is a pleasant one in all aspects.

I look forward to welcoming you again.

Email: siddiqui@radisson.com
Lincolnshire, UK
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stayed here for the weekend before a week of work. I've stayed all over London and in my opinion this is the best 4 star hotel there is. Staff couldn't do enough for you, polite, helpful and always professional, they went out of their way to make my stay lovely. Room was a single but I've definately had smaller rooms in London, clean and modern with all mod cons. Bed was a decent sized single, very homely and relaxing. Food was great! Large portion sizes and well presented. Plenty of choice at breakfast also. For the price I paid and the location I couldn't have been happier. Perfect for the shops and the parks. Can't rave about this little gem of a hotel enough, and I am a very fussy traveller and eater! I will definately be back, amazing staff, amazing hotel! Thank you! x

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 217 and found it to be a good sized single, no disturbance either.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Shyam_Antyah, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Claire,

Thank you for rating us the best 4 star hotel in London. This is highly appreciated by all of us here.

Our staff is one of our greatest assets and your recognition will go a long way in keeping us motivated in our endeavours. Nothing is more rewarding to us than knowing that you have felt being at home away from home during your time in our company.

We cannot wait to welcome you back and host another lovely stay.

Warmest regards,