“My Experience”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel
Ranked #373 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel I have used for over 5 years now, and I am fully satisfied customer. The people are warm and very attentive to my needs.
I am sure they will keep up the standard and make me want to go back and stay with them all the time.

Room Tip: ask for rooms not near the main road, can get a bit Noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kabir B
Gamal_Sadaka, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for always choosing to come back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex, and for your valuable comments. Your feedback is extremely important to us and I therefore thank you for sharing your experience of the Sussex with the other Tripadvisor followers.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the nearest future.

Warm regards,

Gamal Sadaka

Write a ReviewReviews (1,950)

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed here on the 14th July 2013 for one night.
Myself and my best friend were at a concert in Hyde Park, 5 mins walk to the main entrance of park, and two mins away from the tube.
We stayed on the 1st floor and i can honestly say that there was no noise.
The bed was to die for after a long day out, it felt like 'home from home'
All staff's customer service was 100%, i could not fault them at all, allways willing to help and very polite.
Can i also say that im a Travel Agent and will recommend this hotel to all my customers.
Thanks again all :-)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tracey E
Gamal_Sadaka, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear reviewer,

Wow, what a fantastic review! Thank you ever so much for lovely comments and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex for your recent stay in London. Your feedback sums up our hotel nicely, and there is nothing to add and nothing to take away from it. We wish that you have enjoyed the concert in the Hyde Park, and that you had a pleasant stay with us in this occasion. My team and I are eager to welcoming you, your friends and customers with us at the Sussex in the nearest future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times in the past, however the quality of rooms varties substantially, both in terms of size and ammenity. This though is not surprising in a hotel built within an older period building. Recently I stayed in 119 pn the 1st floor. It is not exactly on the 1st floor, but half way down the fire escape stair, next to the cleaners cupboard, which is constantly banged from early morning. As regards ammenities, the room is not designed for female requirements. Complete lack of accessible mirrors in room, so dryer hair in front of a mirror is not achievable. It would not be too difficult to resolve. The wardrobe is located in the bathroom!!! - clothes become damp from steam. Window blind was hanging down. The staff are allways polite, and accept the shortcomings o0f the hotel.

Only use the lift if you have endless time!!! There is only one and its very slow!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Gamal_Sadaka, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for staying once again at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex for your recent visit to London. I would like firstly to express my sincerest apologies for the room being not up to your satisfaction in terms of amenities, size and allocation. All the rooms at our hotel they vary in terms of size, but they are all well equipped with facilities/amenities needed. Please rest assured that I have forwarded your concern of mirror being remote of hair-dryer and location of wardrobe to our projects team for further development. However, on your day of arrival, you could have shared those comments with us to move you to another room that would suit your preference. Nevertheless, please contact me via email provided below whenever you decide to revisit London to allocate you a room of your preference to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel, hopefully in the nearest future.

Warmest regards,

Guest Relations Manager
Radisson Blu Edwardian, Sussex
E: sadakag@radisson.com

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We booked this as part of a show and stay. The greeting on reception was very friendly and welcoming. I'd read some reviews and wasn't surprised that we got a room that was very small and the view well...there wasn't a view. However small though, the room was clean and comfortable. The location of the hotel is superb, just a minute walk to Oxford st and very close to Marble arch tube and Hyde Park. Breakfast was very nice and the service and friendliness of the staff was perfect. We checked out at 11am but were able to leave our case for most of the day while we were out and about which we appreciated. Now for value - when we got the tickets for the show we noted they were £12 each...even if there was a booking fee the £237 overall cost makes a 1 night stay very expensive. I've seen better shows and stayed in better hotels for less so this gets marked down on value. Overall a nice place to stay but overpriced.
Lastly and nothing the hotel could do about this but why do people insist on making a racket at 4am, they have no respect for people trying to sleep...idiots. I did manage to get back to sleep though. :o)

Room Tip: Ask if they have a large room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
NaserSiddiqui, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is refreshing to know that you had experienced our usual friendly welcome and service that we have come to be known by from many of our satisfied guests. I was also pleased to learn that despite the size, you found your room to be clean and comfortable. I was sorry to know that you felt that the cost of your stay was overpriced. May I assure you that we continually review our prices to ensure that our prices are competitive inline with other similar hotels in the area. Please accept my apologies for the disturbances you had experienced from other guests next door. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future. Kindest regards,

Reviewed July 8, 2013

If you are in need of a hotel in central London then the Radisson Blu is the hotel to choose. The service alone sells this hotel and made my stay a memorable one, the staff are polite, helpful and are more than willing to go out of their way to ensure you are as comfortable as possible.The rooms may be on the slightly smaller side as noted by many reviewers, but when you consider that you are at the heart of London it doesn't even cross your mind. Marble Arch station is a 5 minute walk and there is very little road noise.
My only issue with the stay was the limited choice in Vegetarian options in the restaurant, though the meals themselves were excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for sharing your fantastic review of our hotel. Your comments serve as a motivation for us all and I am truly delighted to know that you had a memorable stay with us. Your comments regarding the vegetarian options in our Restaurant have been forwarded to our central Food and Beverage Team for future consideration. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kindest regards,

Reviewed July 5, 2013

A really nice surprise to find such a gem of a hotel, right in the middle of central London! A small, boutique hotel, which is highly customer focused.
The rooms are small,as previously stated, but efficiently laid out, and comfortable.... For me, however, it was the staff who made our stay such a memorable experience. The reception team were very helpful during our stay, and the restaurant staff provided us with excellent service at breakfast, particularly Tia,who made us feel very special!!
All in all, a very nice stay, in a great location.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Gamal_Sadaka, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for the lovely selected words! It was our pleasure having you with us at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex on this occasion. Indeed, the location provides all of our guests a major advantage when it comes to shopping, as we have Oxford Street on our doorstep, Bond Street and Tottenham Court Road are moments away, and the Westfield Shopping Centre in Shepherd's Bush is a short tube right away. I am very delighted to learn that everything was comfortable throughout your stay, and that our staff made your stay most memorable and special experience. Lest we forget, hats off to my colleague Tia from our restaurant for putting a cherry on top of your stay during the breakfast session. Please rest assured that Tia has been acknowledged by our hotel manager for her excellent services. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Sussex in the nearest future!

With best regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The facts are central London is expensive. Room cost £300 breakfast was an additional £19.50 for my stay with a voucher provided at check-in breakfast was reduced to £11.50.

After check in I experienced a pretty awful stay , considering the rate I was , and still am annoyed and feel ripped off.

Room is tiny - switched on wall mounted air con as the room was sweltering. It spewed out black dirt and dead flies all over the bed. The shower kept running hot and cold and the hotel wi fi was intermittent at best.

After the air con incident I asked reception to change my bed sheet and fix the air con and leave it on to cool the sauna temperature down. I went out for the evening having been re assured It would be fixed. I came back late that night ready to hit he hey. Got to my room it was still roasting and there were still dead flies and dirt on the bed. I was too tired and it was too late to complain so I went to sleep in the sauna. Needless to say had an uncomfy nights sleep being too hot and the smallest single bed known to man. Went down to breakfast next morning - the tables weren't set for breakfast, the lady serving/hosting breakfast was over bearing and faffing - I don't need a 5 min briefing on how to use a breakfast buffet after a sauna sleep!

At checkout time I expressed my displeasure at the room and air con problem. The staff clearly didn't really give a s@!t a belated apology - no offer to waive breakfast fee or anything.

All in all a miserable stay and a shocking hotel with poor service and exorbitant pricing. Daylight robbery.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Chrkn
Gamal_Sadaka, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

First of all, please accept my heart-felt apology for the bad experience you had on your recent visit. We take guest feedback very seriously and rest assured that there will be a proper follow up on your valuable comments. Our staff should have resolved the issue you had with the A/C and have your bed sheets changed immediately. In regards to the room temperature, you should also have been shown how to operate the thermostat which would have enabled you to adjust the temperature according to your preference. Whilst I do appreciate that some of our rooms are slightly smaller in size than others, they are all well equipped and priced based on market demand and at par with the competition. I have passed on your feedback about breakfast to our Restaurant and Bar Manager so we can review how our breakfast staff can introduce our guests to our breakfast buffet.

I would be most grateful to you if you would get in touch with me on sadakag@radisson.com so I can put things right for you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards,