Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel
$288
$279
Orbitz.com
2,045 results
All reviewsoxford streetmarble archgreat locationhyde parkbooked a single roombigger roomrooms are smallreception staffan upgradequiet streetcentral locationbreakfast was includedmini bartube stationselfridgesirontheatre
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 1week and it was very convenient for me to visit all stores on oxford street to do my research work of all fashion brands/stores.when i checked in, I was surprised to see the room.It was so small that i was finding it hard to move around. I decided to change the hotel the very next day. But the hospitality what i got from the staff was incre
dible. They were so friendly. I was enjoying my daily breakfast in the restaurent of the hotel. The staff there were too good and they made me so comfortable that i was not having this feeling that i was having breakfast in the hotel.it was more like having this feeling tha m at my own place.I want to mention the staff name who was so nice and offered her service every morning with sweet smile. Her name is “Stefania”. I wish her all the success in her professional life. Staff like her, with the service she provides,will surely make the guests their stay memorable !!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ravinift
Gamal_Sadaka, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex, we were delighted to have you with us at the hotel on this occasion. Our location is unbeatable for any activity you are welling to do, just a stroll away from Oxford and Regent Street, which makes our hotel perfect for shopping from all the luxurious brands and department stores, also for sightseeing and night life with all the key attractions of the West End within walking distance in Tottenham Court Road. May I take this opportunity to offer you my sincerest apologies in regards to the room that you have been allocated. Please contact me via the hotel reception prior your next visit to our hotel to make sure that you will be looked after throughout your stay. It was so nice of you to share your encouraging and motivating feedback about the whole team and especially “Stefania”, we are very delighted to learn that she was taking care of you during breakfast time and made your stay even more pleasant and memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to our hotel.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

For most business travel to London, I usually stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel. I have just returned from a trip where I spent 7 nights at the hotel. Once again my experience with them was very positive. The staff in particular are what stands out for me - from the team at reception right through to the cleaning staff. They are professional, friendly and will go out of their way to be of service. The location of the hotel is another great feature - near Oxford Street and Hyde Park. Definitely recommend them to anyone wanting to be near the centre of London.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Spencer S

Dear reviewer,

Thank you ever so much for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex once again for you recent business trip and for sharing your delightful encouraging comments about our staff on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased to learn that our friendly staff have been going out of their way to make your stays at our hotel even more pleasurable at all times. Indeed as you kindly mentioned, our location is ideal for everything, shopping, sightseeing, entertainment and for the West End night life attractions. I trust that you (family and friends) will be back to stay with us for any future visits to London, we cannot wait to welcome you back again to our hotel.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Sussex was a very pleasing experience for me, the room was very nice, very clean and the hotel employees were very friendly and helpful. Also the Sussex is in a great location in central London. I was there for a week and am missing my stay greatly already. I wish I was still there.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Chrisvigil

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex. We are very pleased that you had a delightful time in our hotel.

We hope to continue serving you and our other guests with this same passion always in the near future.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Our stay at this hotel was a thoroughly enjoyable one.The staff both in reception and the dining room were excellent,nothing was to much trouble with every one being very friendly yet still very professional.The decor and cleanliness was good throughout.Our only suggestion would be to put nets or something similar up to the windows as our room was very overlooked by the building opposite and a mirror where the hairdryer was situated would have been much appreciated.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MJWAL

Dear reviewer,

Thank you ever so much for the wonderful feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex, it was our pleasure serving you. It was absolutely reassuring to learn that you were amazed by our staff team, décor and cleanliness throughout the hotel. Your suggestions have been submitted to our projects team for review and further improvements. The team and I are eager and looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights on business and regularly stay at Radisson hotels. The Radisson brand generally means you don’t have to worry about the quality of your stay, I really wish I could say the same for this hotel but it isn’t worth what you pay. The staff are the high point of this hotel. They went out of their way to make my stay as comfortable as they could and were very friendly and approachable. On checking in I was given an extremely small room, so small that I found it hard to move around without bumping into things, but I could have lived with that. However, there was no desk in the room and given that I was on business this was an issue. Also, there was no hairdryer and no remote for the TV in the room. These were brought to the room as soon as I asked, but they are basic things that you would expect in any hotel. I requested a change to a room that had a desk and the reception staff advised that the hotel was fully booked but that maybe I could change the next day. On my second day, I was advised that I couldn’t be changed as I arrived to the reception too late – fair enough I probably should have asked first thing so that was my own fault. Even so, I was given a complimentary breakfast for the next two mornings for the inconvenience. I was given a room with a desk for the third night, not much bigger than the first room but at least it had everything you would need. The second room was on the top floor with an extremely low ceiling – so low that I managed to whack my hand against it when taking off my jumper. The shower was in a bath and I had to duck down to get under the shower head – and I’m not tall! The breakfast was fine given that it was free, but I certainly wouldn’t pay extra for it. I do not think that this hotel is value for money. It is in a good location but I expect a lot more from a 4 star hotel, particularly when paying £200 a night. I will avoid staying here again.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor - extremely low ceilings.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank OdashO
Gamal_Sadaka, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comprehensive review. I was disheartened to learn that you will not be choosing to stay with us again due to the shortfalls you had experienced during your stay with us. As you have correctly stated, hair dryers and remote control for the TV are basic things that should have been in the room and your request for a room change for the next day should have been noted and followed up on.

May I take this opportunity to offer you my unreserved apologies and assure you that we have taken valuable learning from your feedback. Your comments regarding our staff were very encouraging and I am sure the team would be very pleased to read your feedback. Please get in touch with us the next time you are in London, we would very much like another opportunity to restore your faith with us and hope that you will reconsider staying with us again. I would delighted if you would contact ne directly so that I can oversee your next reservation.

Thank again for your valuable feedback and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.