“Excellent hotel and location”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel
Ranked #378 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Easy access to this hotel, the friendliest and most efficient staff that we have experienced in our trips to London, spotless room, linen and towels changed daily and brilliant breakfast made our few days holiday in the City really great.
The tube just a short walk away gives easy access to anywhere in the city.
The only drawback was the small size of the room but it was well appointed.
Free wifi plus tea and coffee, a/c etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger one.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank JLBE095
KumarMishra, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for such a complimenting review. My team and I are very pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us, and I hope that you will rejoin us on your next visit to London.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

The location's really close to Oxford Street, but the view faces to the back of New Look building. My room was pretty big (twim room) and the bathroom's gorgeous - but many of other colleagues hadn't the same luck as I did. There was a curious smell in the corridors of 1st ground, but the service, buffet and beds are excellent.

Room Tip: Ask about the size of the bathroom before scheduling - many of my colleagues couldn't wash thems...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Brunolph
KumarMishra, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

I genuinely believe that great service (consistently echoed by all reviewers) makes this hotel such a great place to stay! You can always count on our personalized service from the friendly hotel staff, which take great pleasure to make your trip the most comfortable.

Being in Marble Arch area makes it perfect for you to explore the many famous London attractions within a short. Alternatively, you can make yourself comfortable in your spacious rooms; order room service and catch some of latest Hollywood flicks on pay-per-view movies and on a perfect evening relax and enjoy some of the best wines in our well-stocked bar.

I look forward to welcoming you (and your family) and friends back soon.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

By far the best hotel I ever stayed in London. Superb location, tastefully decorated, clean and comfortable rooms, friendly and efficient reception service. There is Nova Bar & Grill serving delicious food at pub prices and excellent buffet breakfast at the morning. Perfect for business and leisure alike.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank ElenaNW87RL

Dear Guest,

Your compliments are very much welcomed by the team, and a big thanks from all of us to you for sharing that.. I am pleased also to say that the Nova Bar is participating in the London Cocktail week from the 7th of October serving some of the finest cocktails in the evening!

I trust you will rejoin us soon and allow us to look after you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 11, 2012

It´s located around the corner from Primark so it´s great place to stay when you plan shopping at Oxford street. The hotel is very nice and clean, the room was also nice and big enought for 2 people (we had twin room). We stayed for 2 nights. The room was already prepared when we came around 1 PM.
Some problems: the hotel is located in small street facing back of the New look Mall - so there are lot of airconditions and its litle bit loud and smelly. So if you have a windows facing it - it´s better not to open them and use hotel A/C.
Our internet booking didn´t include breakfast so you have to buy it for aprox. 11 pounds. But the bufet is very good - eggs, bacons, sousages, fresh jiuces, fruits. We did have problem - our second breakfast there was no bread or rolls. We asked for toasts and waited 30 minutes and than we gave up. Later they brought some croasants but no bread.
We´ll definitely use it again when we´ll be in London for shopping :-).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Dxgabriel

Dear Guest,

Indeed, we are just round the corner from all the major high street retailers making us the perfect destination for business and shop-o-holics!

My team and I are always readily available to serve our guests making us your perfect home away from home. We have a collection of lovely double rooms to Business Class rooms with King Size beds and a round of free drink at the Nova Bar.

I trust you will rejoin us on your next visit to London.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Looking at the reviews, I don't think I stayed at the same hotel. I was given a tiny room in what feels like your mom's basement. In fact, I think this is the smallest hotel room I ever stayed in. The furniture is old and worn, and looks like it has not been replaced since the 80s. Compare this to the hotel directory which brags "now completely redesigned, with award-winning furniture". The front desk said they cannot offer me a bigger (or better) room because they are fully booked, but on their web site they are still happily selling double rooms etc. (I have Carlson status, for the record.) They showed me another room, but that one looked like grandma's attic, so I preferred to stay at my basement camp. Much to my surprise, the bedding was quite comfortable. Alas, around 4:45am, the toilet started to make strange bubbling noises, putting my night's sleep to a quick end. The shower did not drain properly, and I nearly broke my toe in an attempt to grab a towel because of the two inch high metal railing around the shower base. The breakfast was a joke: Upon arrival I asked for breakfast on the room, because I had to leave earlier than the buffet opened. No word that this meant "grab&go", which consisted of a paper cup of coffee, yogurt, and corn flakes (no milk, no bowl). Imagine my surprise. They finally managed to arrange for milk and bowl, some "fresh fruit" (i.e., a banana) as well as some pasty and croissant, which both were inedible.

Positive: The room and the bathroom were very clean. The location is great, so is the lobby and the exterior of the hotel. Negative: Well, everything else. Even the check-out process took ages because they could not manage to get the correct address on the invoice. Overall, the front desk was friendly, but clueless. I'd say avoid if you have other options. There are very nice hotels in London that cost less.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank loungelizard910
KumarMishra, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with certain aspects of your stay, however I would like to reassure you that Single rooms in all London Hotels are of the same size as ours. Details of the size and layout of these rooms are readily available and if guests prefer to have more space it will be expected that you reserve our Double or Deluxe rooms. I also take this opportunity to say that our Business Class rooms, not only have a King Size Bed but also include a free drink (worth £15) for all guests to enjoy at the Nova Bar.

I trust that you will revisit us again and on this visit please contact me directly via hotel reception so that i can personally ensure that you are well looked after.

Kind Regards, Kumar

Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The hotel is just behind Oxford street and is in the heart of London. The rooms are of high quality, but are of varying sizes from spacious down to prison cell, so choose carefully.

The staff are superb and really really care about their guests. Thank you to Andrea on reception for listening and acting on feedback.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank Alanreadingberks

Dear Guest,

On behalf of Andrea and the rest of our members at the Sussex Hotel I just wanted to take this opportunity to say a big thank you for your compliments and even more for your visit to our hotel.

I trust you will rejoin us back soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Firstly - the directions, don't be fooled by "the mews" side of the address you will never find the hotel this way! Even taxi's and a police office were thrown by it so I didn't feel so bad in wandering the streets for quite some time! Stick with "Granville Place" and you will be fine.

Secondly - the hotel was everything it said it would be, I found the room (single) was surprisingly well designed, which means roomy and had a luxurious feel to it, it was stylishly decorated and fitted out with some nice touches. The bathroom was immaculately clean and again very well presented, it was slightly on the small side, but for a single guest it didn't matter the overall room design more than made up for this. Before I move on I wanted to mention the quiet sound levels, I am a very light sleeper and had no problems at all here, so well done thats an important point not to miss.
I had a slight problem with the tv remote and considered just ignoring it and not watching tv, I happened to mention this to the receptionist on the way out "I was asked if everything was okay, which prompted my reply about the remote" and the issue was sorted with no fuss at all.

This brings me to the staff, who for me always have the capacity to make or break a stay at ANY hotel. I am delighted to say the staff here were very well rehearsed/trained, they managed putting me at ease, almost without me realising! nothing was too much trouble and all of them, yes all of them, took the time to chat with me, their manners were impeccable. I have to say this is important to me and always hinges on a good stay or not (if staff or offish with me or not interested then I won't enjoy my stay anywhere near as much right?) Staff at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex were first rate, intelligent and helpful with my questions, or as an absolute minimum they made the effort to pass the time of day with me, such a small yet very vital point.
I always like to have a question or two, just to see how staff are with me - so yes the staff have a massive role to play for my trips, and staff here passed with flying colours, well done.

Last but by no means least, the location is excellent, and in hindsight somewhat understated in the advertisement. The hotel is literally one street away from Oxford Street, and is a very short walk to the Marble Arch Tube Station and Hyde Park. The location appeared to me to be one of the better area's, taking a stroll it appeared to be an affluent spot, so not much in the way of "grief". I always take a walk around to enjoy the environment Im staying in, and found it to be diverse, and again very friendly people chatted to me and helped out, had no problems at all, overall this was an excellent experience.

Just leaves me to say I had a very relaxed, comfortable and stress free visit and wouldn't hesitate to return - well done Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, you did a great job! see you again, thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
10  Thank nimega1

Dear Guest,

thank you for staying at the Sussex Hotel and even more for taking time to share your detailed feedback. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us, and really hope that your valuable tip about our location is duly received by all. We are literally 20steps from Marble Arch Station, and in the heart of all shopping glamour of London!

I trust you will rejoin us on your next visit to London, and prior to this visit please contact me personally via hotel reception so that I can personally ensure that you are well looked after.

Kind regards,