“Great shopping trip!”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel
Ranked #365 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Excellent hotel for its location in the heart of the shopping area. It was perfect for our stay!
Very kind staff members. Only downside would be the size of the room and the noise in the corridors.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Marie-A18
Ainhoa I, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for short but lovely comments.
It was nice to hear that you took advantage of our perfect location for shopping and our staff members only added positively to this.
I am not sure what room you were given during this stay but please be assured that we have bigger rooms as well.
I would also like to assure you that we do our best to maintain the noise in the corridors as low as possible.
Many thanks once again and I hope to continue to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

The staff here made my visit absolutely wonderful! I booked this hotel for the location and because I was walking with a medical boot which put a crimp on long walks around London. When the hotel staff (specifically, Gamal) realized I might have a difficult time accessing my second floor room, he moved me to a very accessible first floor room. When I inquired about theatre tickets, he kindly rang ticket offices to find out what was available and booked it. Even though Gamal specified a single ticket, the agent booked and charged me for 2 seats, which I realized when I checked my credit card statement online. Gamal worked diligently, contacting the ticketing agent to resolve the issue and have me credited for the extra charge. As a single female traveling alone, feeling secure is important. I felt safe, secure and take care of, and I would definitely stay at this hotel again, because of the location and the service-oriented staff. While the bathroom was small, it was squeaky clean and I very much appreciated the fact that the shower had real water pressure when so many in the UK don't!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Karen H

Dear Reviewer,
Many thanks for your amazing feedback which is so motivating and encouraging for the whole team and especially Gamal. We always strive to deliver best service ever and I am glad that your comments are an excellent proof of that.
I am also very satisfied that the location and the hotel was to your satisfaction. A little bit disappointed about the bathroom but please let me know about your next stay at our hotel and we will do our best to give you a room with a bigger bathroom.
Thanks once again and we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

Second stay at this hotel. We asked for a non smoking room and the room we were given was non smoking but upon entering we could smell smoke. We called the FoH manager who agreed but said he could only give us a replacement double room, this was a king size.

He said we could have another kingsize but smoking, obviously not what we wanted. After some discussion they got a machine to extract the smell from the air, which helped. We got a free breakfast too.

I hope they check the process with their cleaners as you could not say you couldn't smell the smoke, I even found cigarette ash by the bed.

The bed was fine, the service was good as they tried their best to help so don't be put off.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank MarkBarefoot

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for spending some time and leaving your comments on Tripadvisor.
Please accept my sincerest apologies that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion and rest assured that the issue has been passed on to housekeeping manager for immediate review and action.
I am happy that overall you enjoyed your stay and you are willing to return to our hotel.
Please contact me personally so that I could take care of everything to not only meet your expectations but exceed them as well.
I do hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

I booked this hotel as it was close to Oxford street and I was planning a weekend shopping trip with my niece. The location was ideal . We received fantastic service from the moment we stepped out of the taxi. We were greeted by Gamal who proved to be very efficient. The room was lovely, comfy and spotlessly clean. Breakfast was served in the cosy restaurant, we were offered a great choice. I loved the décor of this hotel, not a chintzy pattern in sight. All the staff were welcoming and the service was first class. I will definitely book again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank tracy-lee r

Dear Reviewer,
Many thanks for encouraging comments.
I am so happy that we made your stay as memorable as possible. I am also glad
that you found the hotel location and facilities up to the best standards. You are
absolutely right that the location of the hotel is ideal both for shopping and
sightseeing as well.
Rest assured that Gamal and the rest of our lovely team have been recognised for their exceptional service.
Thanks once again and we are more than happy to welcome you back any time you are in London either on a business or leisure trip.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

We arrived before the room was ready (had requested an early check in), so we sat in the lounge and waited for the room. We were offered a complimentary beverage and had free wi-fi which was handy! But, we were not given any information about the room type we had booked during check in, and all the complimentary services that came with it (free drinks, wifi, movie etc). We only took advantage of the complimentary drinks once, as we didn't realise we had it!

The first room we were assigned was quite large and away from the elevator (exactly what I had asked for). However, it had been painted the previous day and the smell was overwhelming - I had a headache, nausea and asthma symptoms after less than 30 minutes of being in the room. We requested to move rooms, and the new room was next to the elevator and at the front of the hotel. It was incredibly noisy from traffic in the hallway and from the street. Also, it was very warm in the room, but the air conditioning unit made too much noise to be used. Also, the vent in the bathroom did not switch off, so that was running all night!

The following night, we tried to open the windows to get some air in the room, but they didn't open (the room got to 25c at one point!) A staff member came to the room to try, but couldn't get them open. We advised him that the A/C wasn't working, and also that the vent in the bathroom didn't switch off. Maintenance came in the next day to fix all the issues with the room - however only the windows were fixed! We offered another room, but really didn't want to move again!

Overall, the staff were pleasant and helpful, but there was little concern for the issues we had during our three night stay. When we discussed it with Front Desk at check out, we were offered a complimentary upgrade for our next visit! Not very useful as we are rarely in London, and will not stay at this hotel again. I think that either an upgrade to a better room when we first moved would have been appropriate or at least some discount on the room rate considering the lack of sleep we incurred during this stay. Overall, very disappointing.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevators and at the back of the hotel if you want a quieter room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your constructive feedback.
I was really disheartened to find out that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion and made your stay disappointing. Please accept my apologies and rest assured that all the comments have been taken seriously and discussed with the relevant departments.
I am sorry once again and I shall remain optimistic that next time when you happen to come to London, you will give us a chance to serve you in the best possible way so that we could reinstate your confidence with us.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me personally should you need any assistance.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

This was my second visit to this hotel, location could not be better, service was very good, check in staff very helpful and friendly, special thanks to Gamal who was more than keen to change my room when I had requested reception to do so. I have already recommended the hotel to my friends and family.

Thanks
Ch.Economides

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side must be quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Ch E

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for a very positive feedback and also for choosing to stay with us again.
I am delighted to learn that my colleague made your stay even more pleasant.
I hope to see you and your friends in the near future.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

The hotel is well located. The hotel is newly refurbished and is clean. I do however find the rooms to be extremely small and it's difficulty to get all luggage to fit in the room (Single room). The htl has luggage storage where you however can store you're extra luggage/shopping and pick it up when you leave.

Room Tip: Do not choose a single room
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo

Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for leaving your comments on Tripadvisor.

I am happy that you found our location to your satisfaction. However, I am a disappointed that the room you were given was not what you had expected. Rest assured that we have bigger rooms and you can always request prior to your arrival, if available.

I am glad that we could assist you with the luggage and I do hope that you will give us another chance to make your next stay as pleasant as possible by providing you definitely with a bigger room.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you need any assistance.