“Hospital visit”

Ranked #262 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Doncaster
“Hospital visit”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We usually stay cat PI Hampstead when we have our check-ups in london. Very convenient by car from the north with good transport links to London. Hampstead itself is worth exploring although it is up a hill. we take the bus and walk back.
Rooms clean and comfortable if not palatial. Staff friendly and the food is very good. We had an excellent Chicken Ceasar salad one evenin g and the breakfast was excellent too.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
BillyVenter, Manager at Premier Inn London Hampstead Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Agnescyril,

Thank you very much for taking your time to review your stay with us at Premier Inn London Hampstead.

I am very happy to read that you like the food in our restaurant as well as the dinner and the team very friendly. I agree that the hotel is very convenient to go to hospital, as it is walk of 5 mins.

We look forward to welcome back in near future, hopefully for Holidays rather than a Hospital Visit.

Regards,

Billy I Venter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed there because it was close to the Royal Free Hospital. We were very pleased with everything and everyone apart from the poor air conditioning in our room. It was difficult to sleep as the room was far too hot although the lobby area was cool. The breakfast was very good and the staff were very helpful. Our room was clean and well presented. Good value for money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Premier Inn London Hampstead Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear gondary

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Premier Inn London Hampstead.

I am sorry to hear that the air-cooling in your room was not to standard and this caused your sleep to be disturbed. Could you please email me with the room details so that I can ensure our maintenance team fixes it and to arrange a refund for the night? Operationsmanager.londonhampstead@whtibread.com

I will pass you kind word to the housekeeping and restaurant teams so that they share in the success of their service.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

This hotel is in a good location for visiting the Hampstead Area, within easy walking distance of the Underground and Bus Routes. The reception, housekeeping and restaurant staff were polite and informative. We found the bedroom as anticipated to be basic, however, very comfortable, exceptionally clean and of a reasonable size. Although very close to the main road the room was quiet and we had a good nights sleep. The bathroom was well appointed, however, very small and the bath was difficult to access. If you are even slightly physically disabled you may have difficulties accessing the bathroom facilities and need to request a larger room. There is a large restaurant serving buffet breakfast, full lunch and dinner menus. We had dinner and breakfast and found the service good, the food well presented although rather bland. As budget hotel I would recommend the Hampstead Premier Inn.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mikey P
Dear Mike P

The team and I take a lot of pride in our hotel and it is very pleasing to read such wonderful comments about it. I will share this with them tomorrow in the morning meeting, as I know they will appreciate it.

You can request the larger rooms in advance by calling the hotel and choosing option 3 from the voice list. We do have accessible rooms with much larger bathrooms to accommodate wheel chairs that make it easy for any guest with a disability. The hotel has only one bedroom with a roll in shower/wet room so it has to be booked in advance.

Thank you for the comments.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The whole reason we stayed at this hotel was to be close to the Royal Free Hospital where our daughter was receiving treatment. Since we are not local to the area we had asked the hospital for guidance on local hotels & they had advised of the Premier Inn & said that patients relatives would receive a discount. Since the hotel was very close to the hospital we decided to book & on doing so advised the receptionist of discount only to be told that they were not aware of this & furthermore did not seem bothered in trying to find out. This was however resolved the next day when speaking to a different receptionist who could not have been more helpful.
On arrival the room was correctly booked & all ready but when seeing it was disappointed by how small it was & pretty basic as well. There was a problem with the kettle not working but it only took 1 phone call before this was swiftly replaced. Bed was nice & comfortable with everything spotlessly clean. Having not stayed in a Premier Inn before was a little suprised that there were no complimentary biscuits or toiletries in the room - apart from soap dispensers.
The breakfast was very good as was the evening meal.
Due to the location of this hotel it served our purpose very well & whilst there was nothing wrong with it at all we would not look to book somewhere like this for a relaxing break. This is just our personal preference.

1 Thank Robin H
, Social Media at Premier Inn London Hampstead Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We really appreciate your feedback very much as this enables us to improve standards and provide guests with the best possible service and a comfortable stay. Please be assured that your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs. We hope to welcome you back in the future.
Gateshead
Reviewed June 20, 2012

This was the first time my wife and I stayed in a Premier Inn. Our prejudiced notion was that it would be down-at-heel and pretty seedy. The very opposite was the reality. We were there for 3 nights and it was simply great.The bedroom and bathroom were spotlessly clean; there was everything you needed, with no useless frills. The staff were delightfully pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was a real treat; as much as you wanted with lots of choice. The location is ideal; Belsize Park is a leafy suburb with a variety of eating places. The London underground takes you to St. Pancras in roughly 20 minutes. Our stay with breakfast came to £345, which by London standards, is pretty good. We were very impressed and will stay there every time we are in London.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Les W

I am very happy to hear that our Premier Inn was different from your expectation and that you enjoyed the three nights with us. Premier Inn offers great service coupled with quality products and it always makes us proud to hear such feedback from our first time guest.

The location is what sells this hotel for me, you are only 20 minutes out of the City and yet it feels like you are outside the main hustle and bustle.

Thank you again for the feedback and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Our party of 11 was made up of 6 special needs students, 4 of whom use wheelchairs. We had stayed at this hotel the previous year, and were remembered and welcomed by the housekeeper Maralyn who arranged for us to have three ground floor, suitably adapted rooms, with easy access to the dining room. The tables in the dining room were arranged so that the wheelchairs did not create any disruption, and we all took advantage of the amazing meal deal offer, which proved to be very successful with the students who loved being able to make their own choices particularly at breakfast. To be able to access the rooms and especially the spacious bathrooms so easily with the wheechairs is such an advantage. The rooms were extremely clean, the beds were very comfortable and the staff were welcoming, accomodating and friendly, and if we win our Table Cricket heat next year we would most certainly like to return. A big thank you to everyone.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Anne186408
BillyVenter, Manager at Premier Inn London Hampstead Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Anne, thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of service and products. We are so happy to read your review and please be assured your comments have been noted and passed on to Maralyn and the team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Nottingham
Reviewed June 10, 2012

After reading various reviews about small rooms, noises during the night, air conditioning problems etc, I wondered whether I had made the right decision to use this hotel for a 7 night stay. It was far more expensive than I would normally want to pay for a week in a budget hotel, but it was the location that made me decide to give it a try.
I was hoping for a room fairly high up on the back, but on arrival I was allocated a room on the 2nd floor on the front, and as they were very busy the staff said that there was no possibilty of changing. However, there were no problems, the air conditioning was working very well and I also found the room very quiet and caused me no problems. In fact I hardly heard any noise from the road or the petrol station below and very little noise from other guests. I slept very well. I think the room was slightly smaller than the last Premier Inn I'd stayed at in Edgware and the bathroom was certainly smaller.
Breakfast, although a little expensive, even for 'all you can eat', was of a very good standard and the Spanish lady supervising breakfast was so friendly and a great asset to the hotel. Perhaps a discount on breakfast for longer stays would be a good idea because approx £60 for a week of breakfasts is a bit steep!
Lovely area of London which I would like to go back and explore some time, especially Hampstead and hampstead Heath. Belsize Park tube station very close and convenient but Hampstead Heath Overground Station is also only a few minutes walk away via a pleasant footpath through Hamstead Green. I actually ended up using Hampstead Heath Overground station for many of my journeys rather than Belsize park. Lots of interesting eating places in the area and avery useful extremely upmarket Budgens supermarket a few minutes walk away from the hotel.
I loved the area and on a couple of nights I arrived back in the early hours after visiting friends and it felt very safe walking from the bus stop back to the hotel. The N5 night bus runs approx every 10 minutes from Trafalgar Square for anyone who likes to stay out late.
Overall verdict a little expensive at approx £750 for a week including breakfast, when I have stayed in Travelodges in the London Area for little more than £250 for a week. However, it is a nice hotel, with friendly staff in a great location and so I would consider it again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo