“Good hotel”

Premier Inn London Hampstead Hotel
Ranked #309 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Lovely location- just 1 stop down from Camden but the area had a village feel.
Nice room but breakfast not as good as other Premier Inns

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Rob_Kinsman, General Manager at Premier Inn London Hampstead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

Dear BreconGlesni

Thank you for your review regarding you recent visit to our hotel and I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I have spoken to the Manager of the Brasserie Gerard restaurant and passed on your feedback regarding your breakfast experience. Thanks once again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to London Hampstead Premier Inn.

Reviewed July 22, 2011

Recently refurbished and spotless rooms, freeview TV, twinings tea, air con, hairdryer, few minutes from the tube, and friendly staff combined to make our stay at this Premier Inn very good.

Whilst the rooms are small, and last minute rates were certainly not cheap, I have stayed in worse rooms in 4 star hotels.

The fact that Premier Inn keep it simple is reflected in a fast check in and stress free stay.

I was most bowled over by the friendliness and professionalism of the staff: in particular, the guy on duty overnight was fantastic.

Whilst I can't say that I would particularly look forward to a stay in a Premier Inn, it does precisely what it's advertised to do, and if I returned to Hampstead, I would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011
Rob_Kinsman, General Manager at Premier Inn London Hampstead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2011

Dear iamorgan

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am very glad that you found everything you need for a good night's sleep. I have passed on your comments to the team, who are always pleased to hear that people have enjoyed their stay with us. Please make sure you visit our website, to find out about our Premier Saver offers. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to our hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed July 15, 2011

Excellent customer service from all staff. A lovely restaurant attached to the hotel - excellent and fairly priced evening menu. All round good location to stay. A 3 minute walk from the nearest tube station and a wide variety of bars, restaurants and local stores close by.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

This isn't a complaint about their small overpriced rooms but the incompetence of their booking procedures. We booked a number of rooms for a family wedding. My mother decided to come a day early so I contacted the call centre to make the adjustment.
They were not able to unravel the booking - how hard is it to change a date for one room - so they suggested calling the hotel direct. I did so. Long wait. No answer. As I live nearby I walked to the hotel to change the booking. Spoke to the lady on the reception. No problem. Job done. Or was it. Nearer the time it was clear that the booking hadn't been changed and that, as the hotel was now full, my mother no longer had a room. Nothing they could do about it. Sorry and all that. Next customer. Premier Inn? More Vauxhall Conference. Oh and while I was complaining to the duty member of staff another guest was trying to change rooms because of the smell. Doesn't north London deserve better than a lousy Premier inn?

4  Thank andrewmorton1953
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn London Hampstead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2011

Many thanks for your review. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated by the Management Team at this hotel. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

Finally a hotel that understand what a pain it is when your kids have to share a double bed. Thankfully my 8 and 6 year olds were provided with a single and a trundle so there were no arguments over pillows / wakings during the night. Great location, terrific breakfast, staff were excellent. Internet service was reliable - apparently it is now free.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We've used Premier Inns loads of times. They are good value, the beds and comfortable and the rooms and fine. We stayed one night and were woken at about 6.30 by the sound of a vacuum cleaner and again at about 08.30 by noisy work taking place above us. When we phoned to complain we were told one floor was been refitted, but we had been given no warning and wouldnt have booked if we had. The receptionist did refund us the price of the room as part of the good nights sleep guarantee but we had to push for it. This hotel is good and in a great location. Shame they couldnt have been up front about the works.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Rob_Kinsman, General Manager at Premier Inn London Hampstead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2011

Dear jamesthethomasyes

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I apologise for the inconvenience of the refurbishment and I hope that it did not spoil your trip too much. Please understand that it has been a very difficult time for us at the hotel, trying to manage a major refurbishment, whilst still trying to deliver great service to all our guests. We are coming to the last 3 weeks of the refurbishment program and all the comments have been passed onto our head office and the team who manage our ongoing refurbishment program, to hopefully improve how we communicate the works to our guests in the future. The decision was made not to advertise the refurbishment on the website, as the schedule does change regularly and we would have struggled to keep everyone informed of the changes. Please understand that we have tried to do our utmost at the hotel to minimise any disruption, notifying guests on arrival and any working kept within the scheduled times. I am happy to hear you took advantage of our Good Night Guarantee and I hope that this has helped restore your faith in Premier Inn. I hope that you come back and stay with us soon, in our newly refurbished hotel, with no building work taking place!

Warm regards

Reviewed July 10, 2011

Although being in Hampstead/Belsize Park, it was not too expensive. We stayed in a family room that was suitable for two young kids and my wife and I. We did not spend much time during the day in the room as that would have bee difficult as it was not that big. Compared to the Marriott which is close by the same room there is much more expensive with little difference. The location is great and the staff very efficient.