“warning”

Ranked #250 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Tel Aviv, Israel
“warning”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2011

Premier Inn Hampstead is located in one of the nicest places to be in London. Walking distance from Hampstead village , Hampstead Heath . Kenwood House Rembrants a small journey away. Plenty of transportation to Central London.
Paid parking (14 pounds a day), paid internet (about 10 pounds a day and slow)
Rooms are ok, try to stay on the back of the hotel, it is quieter. There is air conditioning, a rare goodie in cheaper London hotels.
The rates are reasonable for London (140 pounds weekdays, less on Saturday and Sunday), but if you add parking and internet they start to be on the high side.

WARNING - the hotel is refurbishing its rooms. This is not mentioned in their online booking site nor anywhere else- so beware, there is noise during working hours.

Room Tip: high floor, on the back of the hotel
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Redditch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

I stay in this Premier Inn at least once a year. It is always clean, efficient and comfortable. You know exactly what you are getting and it never disappoints. The highlight of my stay is always the wonderful buffet breakfast, with the lovely welcoming Restaurant Manager. She manages to make you feel like an old friend, with her care and attention to detail, and I always look forward to seeing her!

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Ilatmu
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

A clean and modern hotel with nice rooms and bathrooms and a friendly atmosphere.
The building itself, I guess, was from the 50's/60's, but it looked newly decorated/refurbished and the room was neither big nor small, but just the right size - and were even two adults and two small children.
Even the bathroom had "European standard", i.e. no separate hot and cold taps, good pressure in the shower and good temperature of the water.
I do must say, though, that the bed was a bit short. On the other hand I'm almost 2 meters tall, but still, it could have been a few inches longer.
Also the breakfast was a bit expensive, but since our children ate for free it was really good value for us, and you could eat as much as you liked.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Vricklund
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

This hotel is very popular and was fully booked when I arrived. The front-desk staff was all smiles and cheerfully handled my check-in although a couple of phone calls were needed to clarify my booking. She was very proud of their "Good Night Guarantee" and made sure I understood that the hotel will refund my money if I don't get a good night's sleep - no questions asked. Straightaway, I felt good about my yet unseen room already!

The common areas were typical of hotels of its class but the room exceeded my expectations. It was a bit bigger than I had anticipated, clean, looked quite new, pleasant and simply but sufficiently furnished. The all-white bathroom was spotless, just the way I like it and wall-mounted dispensers supplied the soap/shampoo.

The bed was very comfortable -- I had a nice snooze shortly after entering the room. The room faced the road but it wasn't noisy in that nice neighbourhood. Nearby, there are many places to eat and a mini-market that opens till 11pm is just opposite the Belsize Park Tube Station, a stone's throw away. Transport was easy and there were lots of buses. But I enjoyed walking all the way to Camden Town where the nightlife is centred. Looks to be quite a "Bohemian" place (if that's the right word to use).

The hotel restaurant is spacious and I ate my fill at the breakfast buffet. Overall I enjoyed staying in this hotel and in this area, and I look forward to coming back here again soon.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Rob_Kinsman, General Manager at Premier Inn London Hampstead Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
Dear adrian_uae

Thank you very much for your review and comments. As always, I will pass these onto the team, who I am sure will be glad to hear that your expectations of our hotel were exceeded on this occasion. At Premier Inn, we are constantly striving to deliver the highest levels of customer service, so we are keen that all our guests leave very satisfied and we are working hard to achieve this. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay and visit to Camden. I hope that we can welcome you back soon to our hotel.

Rob Kinsman
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

We came down to London for a show in the West End and have previously always stayed near Covent Garden or the South Bank but this time were unable to find reasonably priced options. In fact, positioned on the Northern Line and with buses nearby, we were able to get as quickly to everywhere we wanted to go. Breakfast and the room were great. I've already recommended this hotel to other families.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank B3-family
Bideford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

Can't be faulted for the price. Friendly staff, clean rooms, excellent breakfast. Perfect example of how to run a budget hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Kerragy
tipperary
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2011

I have never come across such a disgusting hotel . we went to our room before we checked in. the room was disgusting somebody had got sick beside the bed and it smelled . then there was shake and vac on the carpet to stop the smell. so we refused to stay at the hotel. Iam very glad i didnt have my money paid. and staff were not helpful. So my advice is never stay at a 3 star budget hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn London Hampstead Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high level of service and cleanliness in all our establishments, and we sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs. We hope to welcome you back in the future.