“Really good”

Holiday Inn London - Kensington
Ranked #616 of 1,088 Hotels in London
“Really good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

We were upgraded which was lovely. The room was lovely and clean. Lovely shower and a big bed. Staff were lovely and very helpful. Spa is lovely worth the £8 I think. Very close to tube station. With plenty around to do and go. Wonderful breakfast. Over all lovely stay. Will def use again.

• Stayed February 2014
Andrew H, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Kensington, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

We very much look forward to seeing you again at Kensington Close – thank you very much for taking the trouble to post such a nice review.

Andrew Hollett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (710)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

Very nice looking hotel, room had the usual amenities you would expect for standard class accommodation. It was clean and comfortable and i have to say the Burger on the room service menu was one of the best i had ever had, But i got a very frosty welcome from the staff, especially the unusual large number of security staff that idle in the reception area. Throughout my stay i didn't feel i was as welcomed as other patrons due to my alternative dress style and the fact i was staying with my lesbian partner. I wasn't particularly comfortable with the looks and manner i was addressed. It is a real shame as the trip was booked as an anniversary present for my girlfriend so i could take her to see cirque du soleil at the royal Albert hall. We had a wonderful time but i felt the hotel staff were very judgemental and therefore would not stay with them again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrew H, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Kensington, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Hannah,

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel, and I was especially delighted to read how much you liked our room service burger!

I was, however, disappointed to read that you felt my staff were judgemental about you and your partner. I honour your opinion, of course, but I can assure you that we do our best to make all our guests feel welcome and I am very sorry if this did not always appear to come across.

Andrew Hollett

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Denpasar, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Good hotel with friendly staff! i only stayed on business but the room i had was great and i had a lovely bathroom. The breakfast in the morning was great and it consisted of every type of breakfast you could possibly want, i am staying again next month again on business due to my good experience. Thankyou to you guys at the Kensington Close.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

See you again next month – thanks very much for your nice review!

Dorking, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

It is with regret that I have to write this review. Lets start with the positives-the hotel is very smart and clean. The staff were friendly. Yes the rooms are small but well presented, single beds too close together. The shower had a few issues it flooded the floor of the room making it quite dangerous. On the whole it was an enjoyable stay.

HOWEVER-I did try to contact the manager on several occasions to express my concern over my credit card booking. I booked through the website of the hotel. So I feel this is a must to share as he/she was unobtainable for discussion... I do have all the info if the manager wants to privately contact me. Quite frankly it ruined my Christmas.. Enough said.

I wanted to book the hotel again but I have no confidence in using my credit card because of what happen which was highly distressing.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jayne K
Dear Jayne,

I was pleased to read that overall you had an enjoyable stay though I am sorry you had a problem with the shower. That has now been attended to.

I am sure that you can have confidence in using your credit card to book through our site for your next visit and I would like to get to the bottom of the issue you say you had with your credit card recently. I have just been appointed the new General Manager for Kensington Close Hotel and would be grateful if you could drop me an email about what happened via: duty.manager@kensingtonclosehotel.com and I will give this my immediate attention and get back to you.

Gateshead, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

my husband had booked this hotel as a special treat for my birthday, he chose it because the rooms looked very comfortable and spacious. We arrived around 2pm Friday 31st January checked in and within 5 minutes we were back at reception complaining, The room we were given was so small the two of us could hardly move and the smell of paint was so over powering i immediately got a headache. We were given another room which was bigger but not that much. The only time we had a HOT cuppa was when we made it our selves in the room,the water in the restaurant was Luke warm. The menu never changed the 4 days we were there so we ate out all the time. The best part of our stay was the massage we had, 50 minutes of pure relaxation but at at cost of £64.50 each. Also the staff were very friendly and helpful. We would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: book another hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I was naturally very dismayed that you were disappointed with your room, particularly as it was a birthday treat. We have a big variety of rooms at different budget levels and I am sorry if yours felt too small.

I would just like to thank you for your kind remark about my staff and I do hope you change your mind and decide to stay with us on another occasion – I am sure you will have a better experience.

Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

The Kensington Close Hotel is an extremely nice hotel located in Kensington. The hotel is located close to The Underground station making travel very easy. The hotel is very beautiful in its architecture. The staff are very friendly and very helpful. The food made by the hotel staff is delicious. The breakfast served in the dining room is buffet style serving full English breakfast items. My wife and I had dinner in the dinning room one night and had the two course dinner. It was very good. I had the whiting and as I am not a big fish eater I loved the meal. The rooms are considered small compared to the hotel rooms but my wife and I thought the room was very comfortable and plenty big enough for the both of us to stay. Of course if you are in Kensington/London area and you are spending most of your time in your hotel room you are missing out on a beautiful city. Overall this is an excellent hotel with great accommodations and outstanding staff. I was very sad to leave and I hope and look forward to the chance to stay in the Kensington Close Hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Billy,

I was delighted to see your very thoughtful review and to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and no doubt your sightseeing in London too. My staff and I look forward to seeing you again – soon I hope!

West Yorks
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed as a group attending a function at the natural history museum, for which the hotel is quite convenient. It's a 15 min stroll or £8 cab ride.

The communal spaces are well appointed, with a decent bar and nibbles provided with drinks. The room I had was pretty terrible. It was small with few amenities, and the bathroom was shocking and cold. There was no heating in there (the towel rail had been disconnected) and the tiled floor with bare feet was quite unpleasant.

Thankfully it was just one nights sleep so could put up with it.

On the plus side, boom early and it is quite cheap!! I think we paid £55 a room, so for London that is very good.

Would go back if on a budget, but will take a pair of socks or slippers for that bathroom!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I was pleased to read how much you liked our hotel and its convenient location but disappointed that your room (as you imply, it was one of our good-value-for-money rooms) was not up to your expectations. I do hope we will have the opportunity of seeing you again. If your budget can stretch a bit to an upgrade I think you will be pleasantly surprised.