We stayed in this hotel for one night in Sept, having stayed there in the past for business, but before the multi-million upgrade. This experience led me to agree with a number of the more negative points raised in previous reviews on this site.
We had a number of minor gripes, not sufficient to ruin the stay, but numerous enough to warrant an email to the hotel when we returned home. My main complaint is that my email, which I have forwarded now on three occasions, has gone completely ignored. Perhaps a minor point, but certainly not an indication that this hotel makes customer service and feedback a priority.
As other's have suggested, the location of this hotel is excellent, five mins walk from Kensington High Street and subway station. As mentioned above, we encountered some minor issues.
Pre-payment was lifted for our stay on arrival, but then this sum was not used to pay the bill, therefore (for the remainder of our trip) meaning that a double payment was lifted from my account. Not a major issue, apart from I was met with, at best, an arrogant sneer from the member of reception staff this was raised with. He told me that no such pre-payment had been lifted and I was forced to phone my bank to confirm that it had been. Another indication of an attitude to customer service.
Otherwise, rooms are indeed tiny. Or, at least, our Executive Double Room was tiny. The hotel would suggest that if you want something larger, you should book something grander than that which they describe as an "Executive Double Room". Whilst the booking said the room had an ensuite bathroom, it was in fact a shower crammed into an afterthought of a cupboard.
There were a range of other gripes, but I'll leave it at that. If you book here, wi-fi internet and use of the pool / leisure facilities will come at extra cost. And, should you wish to feedback to the hotel afterward, don't expect to receive a response!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street is a beautiful 4-star hotel centrally located near Kensington High Street tube station and a short walk from Kensington Palace & Gardens, Royal Albert Hall, Earls Court and the West End. The Hotel has 708 well-equipped non-smoking bedrooms including Executive bedrooms and Suites. Enjoy fresh seasonal dishes in the brasserie or a drink in the sunny private garden. Business traveller's appreciate the powerful WiFi service, wide ranging room service menu and an executive lounge for VIPs too. State of the art meeting facilities for up to 250 delegates are ideal for meetings, dinners and weddings. Shopping at Westfield and Oxford Street is a short distance away. Imagine Health Club and Spa includes a fantastic new gym and an 18 metre swimming pool with sauna, steam rooms and jacuzzi. The Spa offers an enticing selection of massage, facial and beauty treatments with our expert therapists. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kensington Close London
- Hotel Kensington Close
- Kensington Close Hotel London
- Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street England