“Brilliant hotel, will book again”

Holiday Inn London - Kensington
Ranked #616 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Brilliant hotel, will book again”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was a bit worried after reading all the negative comments, but my own personal experience was fantastic right from the start, as soon as I arrived staff were friendly & prompt. Having read reviews recently about poor rooms etc, mine was a great room for a basic room with ampl room for 2 people plus luggage. Location was fantasic and only 2 min walk to nearest tube station. The only minor points were 1:- the charge of £10 for 24hrs WI-FI, but did not bother us too much as we don't rely on Internet 24 hours a day, & 2:- the charge of £8 per day for use of swimming pool, sauna etc, but you can come & go as you like for the day so wasn't to bad. All in all a great experience & would recommend to anyone :)

Room Tip: Would advise room 1001 as upgraded to exceptional standard.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stuart W
Paul Q, Head Concierge & Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Kensington, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Stuart W,

Thank you for choosing the Kensington Close Hotel and Spa and for providing us with feedback on your recent visit to London.

I am pleased that you found your stay with us good value for money, and that you were able to take advantage of our most convenient of locations minutes from the tube station and Kensington High Street with all of its shops and restaurants.

I am delighted that you also found our accommodation comfortable and that based on your initial stay, I do hope that we shall have the pleasure to welcome you back to Kensington Close Hotel and Spa on your next visit to London.

Paul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (724)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The hotel's location is excellent, just off High Street Kensington and close to the tube station. The staff were friendly although check-in was slow and they offered me an upgrade to an executive suite for £30 which I couldn't avail of as it was a company booking. I was staying on business and had a single room with double bed. The room was clean and very compact but dull and the bathroom was so small I'm glad I was by myself. The bathroom was also showing signs of wear and tear. How they managed to get the basin into such a small space is a miracle! I was glad to only be staying for one night.
The choice at the breakfast buffet was reasonable and the waitress very attentive to all my needs.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first to see if it suits your needs.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank CocoJojo60
Dear Jojococo60,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We value all feedback whether it is positive or constructive. It is through such communication that we are given an opportunity to evaluate our performance, and focus on any areas that need to be addressed, ensuring we deliver the standard of service that our guests have come to expect from us.

Whilst we agree that some of our rooms are not large we can assure you that our standard room sizes are typical of what you will find in most central London hotels of the same star rating.

I was glad to hear wou were satisfied with the food quality and service in our Breakfast Room. We hope to welcome you back to the Kensington Close Hotel & Spa again in the near future.

Paul

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I spent my 3 nights stayed at Kensington Close Hotel during my recent visit to London. It is strategicly located near to Underground and very near to Kensington High Street.

The hotel lobby looks pretty good and large. However, the check-in process took quite sometimes on the day I check-in as they are few groups of tourism checking in as well. The 2 guests lift are really small and it take aged to come. I need to wait for more than 10 mins until my turn as they are to many hotel guests waiting for the lift. However, in later the day, I discovered there is another brand new guest lift with larger capacity located behind the door, it is fast also. I think most of the people didn't notice it.

The room look decent, clean but very small. The toilet and bath area are very small too. The bed quality is so so as I am very serious when comes to bed and pillow. Neither one of this make me feel I want to sleep longer here.

The breakfast is very simple and less of varieties. I would rather spent £15 for a better breakast outside the hotel.

In less than 5 mins walk from the hotel, it is the high street. They are plenty of branded shops and restaurants here. You can easily spent half day shopping here.

In overall, I would say Kensington Close Hotel is a good value hotel with strategic location near high street and underground.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Dcspeed
Dear Dcspeed,

In regards to the size of our Standard rooms & bathrooms, these are both consistent with the neighbouring hotels in the local area of Kensington and central London. We do however offer our guests several other room categories that provide for additional comfort and space such as our Executive Club rooms.

I am delighted that you were able to take advantage of our most convenient location within minutes from the tube station and Kensington High Street with all of its shops and restaurants at your fingertips.

Milan (Italy)
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed at the Kensington Close in March 2013 for 5 days. It is in an excellent location, there are shops, super markets and a Tube station close by. The hotel is clean and the buffet dinner and breakfast were excellent!
The staff were in my experience, efficient and friendly. I did think my room was rather small but I think for the price it was more than reasonable. It is London after all. I would stay here again.
The only negative I might mention is that the lifts are always in use. Its a big hotel. if you dont want to walk up and down stairs, I dont mind, I would try to get a room on a lower floor. I was on the 5th but as I said it wasnt a problem for me to get an extra bit of exercise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Patrickjkerr,

Thank you for choosing the Kensington Close Hotel and providing us with feedback on your recent visit to London.

I am pleased that you found your stay with us good value for money, and that you were able to take advantage of our most convenient of locations, minutes from the Tube station and Kensington High Street with all of its shops and restaurants.

I am delighted that you found our staff friendly and efficient and that based on your initial stay, I do hope that we shall have the pleasure to welcome you back to Kensington Close Hotel and Spa on your next visit to London.

Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Checked in at 7:30 pm, but no room ready. A first in 30 years of business travel. Very ordinary, but ok at gbp100 per night. Not worth more. Good central location. Seems a bit steep to change an extra gbp10 for Internet access

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ian M,

With reference to our WiFi, the hotel charges competitive rates in line with other central London hotels and the price is clearly stated on our website so that guests can make an informed decision when making a booking.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

The location of this hotel is excellent - and the lobby is nice - but my room was so small and dismal! The single bed was very uncomfortable. Wifi was expensive. After a few days I moved to a nicer, more comfortable hotel. Was very glad to check out of this place!

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Bcity_girl,

With reference to our WiFi, the hotel charges competitive rates in line with other central London hotels and the prices are clearly stated in our website so that customers can make an informed decision when booking with us.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My wife and I and my parents stayed there this month for three nights. It is in a ok location and clean at most times. The front desk is very nice and the staff in the pub are great. But the resturant staff was not great at all. It took over 10 minutes to get a drink order and we over heard other customers waiting for a while for food. Also it was not busy they decided to sit us right near some other family in the front of the resturant. The manager on duty was not nice. will never stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lizandian08
Dear Lizandian08,

I was happy to hear you were satisfied with the service provided by our Front Office and Bar staff. However I would also like to take this opportunity to apologise if the restaurant service wasn't up to your standard. I have passed on your comments to our Food & Beverage Manager for his consideration.

Please accept our apologies that you did not enjoy your stay this time, we would like the opportunity to welcome you back to the Kensington Close Hotel and Spa for a better experience in the near future.