The room was a let down, it didnt feel special or comfortable. It was really small, I have stayed in the Tune paddington hotel that is a micro hotel and it had the same room size. I'm not exaggerating either!
The heating in the room was broken. As it was January, it was so cold I couldn't sleep. Other guests experienced this too. We were assured maintenance would look at it but it never got fixed during our 3 day stay. Brrrrrr!
The bed was small, the quilt was too small and thin, but the matress was comfy. I again don't see why a budget hotel like Tune can offer quality sized beds and fluffy pillows/quilts but not in this hotel?
The bathroom was so tierd. Very dated and it had the weirdest door that didnt close properly. People like privacy in the bathroom you know! Worst of all there was NO HOT WATER throughout our stay. Such a basic need. We did inform reception and were assured someone would look at it. But during our 3 day stay, we only got cold showers. Towels nice though.
The tea and coffee facilites were very basic. There was not enough tea, no earl grey, no biscuits and no cafitiere for good coffee. Little things like that really matter and make you feel at home and welcome.
I can say it was clean! So the staff do a good job.
The spa was the worst I've ever been to and doesn't reflect the hotel well. Firstly you have to pay to use it, where as at the grange hotels, its included in your stay. The jacuzzi was out of use, pool steps were broken, steam room was stinky and the changing rooms were messy with dirty towels, tissues, broken lockers and missing shower doors. Such a contrast to the rest of the lovely communal areas. Needs some investment.
Also the soap in the showers smelt like cleaning fluid =( not very indulgent
The staff were brilliant. Their service, hospitality and willingness to please were the best part of our stay. They are a genuine credit to the hotel and I hope they are rewarded for their positive attitudes, they deserve it!
Very central and a 2 minute walk from Kensington High Street tube station. Good area. Nice and quiet when it was time to sleep.
I felt like I was on an easy jet or Ryan Air flight with all the additional charges. If this was a budget hotel I wouldn't mind paying, but its not, so I didn't feel like it was right, especially as competitor hotels don't make you pay for these:
- £2 per bag for left luggage
- £9.99 wifi per device per day
- £8 Spa (jacuzzi/pool/steam room) per person per session
You can see how it could amount to more.
COMMUNAL AREAS (not the spa though!)
The communal areas of the hotel were stylish, clean and spacious.
PROS - Friendly staff, good location, smart communal areas, clean
CONS - small rooms, some parts in need of refurbishment (spa & bathroom), lots of additional charges, no luxury
WOULD I STAY AGAIN?
It just needs a bit of love and investment and it could be an amazing hotel. I probably wouldn't stay again as I get better value at the grange hotels or even budget Tune hotels. All i need is a comfy bed, clean room and a hot shower. No fault of the staff as they were great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn London - Kensington is a beautiful 4-star hotel centrally located near Kensington High Street tube station and a short walk from Kensington Palace & Gardens, Royal Albert Hall, Earls Court and the West End. The Hotel has 708 well-equipped non-smoking bedrooms including Executive bedrooms and Suites. Enjoy fresh seasonal dishes in the brasserie or a drink in the sunny private garden. Business traveller's appreciate the powerful WiFi service, wide ranging room service menu and an executive lounge for VIPs too. State of the art meeting facilities for up to 250 delegates are ideal for meetings, dinners and weddings. Shopping at Westfield and Oxford Street is a short distance away. Imagine Health Club and Spa includes a fantastic new gym and an 18 metre swimming pool with sauna, steam rooms and jacuzzi. The Spa offers an enticing selection of massage, facial and beauty treatments with our expert therapists. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TravelClick, IHG, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn London - Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kensington Close London
- Hotel Kensington Close
- Kensington Close Hotel London
- Holiday Inn London - Kensington England