“Good location and nice breakfast”

Holiday Inn London - Kensington
Ranked #620 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Istanbul, Turkey
“Good location and nice breakfast”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel is 2 minutes walk from High Street Kensington Station (on the Circle and Dsitrict Lines). Some parts of the hotel has been newly renovated and its seems comfortable when you enter the hotel. If you don't want to be disaappointed with the room, you should check if your room is newly renovated or not before the reservation because the other rooms are quite neglected. The breakfast was more than an ordinary continental breakfast (scrambled eggs, fresh fruit juice etc)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank kruyela

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (717)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tyne and Wear
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have just recently returned from the Kensington Close Hotel last weekend. I stayed for two nights with my Mum and must say some of the negative reviews I had read before travelling had slightly put me off. How wrong they were. The hotel is situated just around the corner and down a small street from High Street Kensington tube station. The hotel was very clean and they were actually redecorating whilst we were there. The breakfast was very nice, and could eat as much as you liked. Our room was situated on the 7th floor. It was clean and tidy although quite small (but what do you need for a two night stay). The TV allowed you to view freeview channels, although you did have to pay £5 to rent a movie. We didn't actually have time to use the spa facilities so I cannot comment upon them. Overall I really enjoyed my stay and would most certainly return to this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Scotland
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This hotel is very handy being only 2 mins walk from High St Kensington Tube Station.The staff were really helpful-lovely concierge and doorman and reception staff.The rooms were clean.We had a twin room which was quite small but for what we paid I did not mind.The bathroom was white and tiled with a power shower-only downside was the shower curtain which as not long enough to go round the bath,so no matter how you positioned it, the water went all over the floor.Had to use towels to mop it up as floor became very slippy when wet.Think hotel could put screens there instead.Breakfast was fine, could have done with more variety of fruit and cereal.Didn't try the spa.Would go back there-so near the parks and good shops and handy for travelling into London to see the sights.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Aligbsn
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I've been here for the first time during the past February. Business trip.
The staff is really amazing : young and kind people ready to help you (carrying luggages, solving problems and so on).
Another good thing is the internal restaurant : really good both on breakfast and dinner!
The hotel is really big and seems modern and comfortable.
I have to notice that rooms are really small (compared to other 4* international hotels) and there is not care about their details (broken tiles of the bathroom, too dark lights, bathroom room without of with broken lock, low performance heating system and so on) : I had to change 2 rooms to have one were I could stay at with a good temperature inside it.
Anyway I consider the price too expensive for the quality of the place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank d3v1L
Brighton
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We booked a lunch at the Kensington Close Hotel through Bookatable. It was without doubt the worst lunch I have ever eaten. We should have been suspicious about the cost - only£10 for 3 courses. There was hardly any choice, carrot soup or chicken liver pate for starter. We both had the pate and it looked like dog food. I've never eaten dog food but I should imagine it tasted like this. Neither of us ate it, we popped it in a bag to take home for my friend's dogs. For the main course there was either hamburger or pasta. The hamburger was the worst I've ever seen. I had one bite and left it. The accompanying chips were cold and tasteless, tiny bit of salad with no dressing. My friend ate half of the pasta. Pudding was'home made' bread and butter pudding with custard or fruit salad. By this stage my friend had had enough and declined a pudding. I tried the b&b pudding, absolutely disgusting. We had a small glass of very mediocre wine, almost £6 each. Such a pity as the hotel looks lovely and the staff were charming and very attentive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank BrightonBlossy

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The reception refurb is impressive and like other reviewers said the staff are great but there are so many negatives. I had to pay for an upgrade as just couldn't stay the room I was given ...and not a cheap rate. The lift configuration meant carrying suitcase between floors, bits broken off in room, rationed coffee, shower either boiling hot or freezing cold ....I could go on but you get the gist. Just a shocker. Think twice before you book.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Tiffanys57
Kidderminster
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed here on 9th February, The hotel was busy but generally impressive; helpful staff; our room was good. However, in the morning the shower was briefly warm but thereafter stone cold for each of us. I did inform Housekeeping who offered to send someone straight away, and apologised, but we needed to leave so went, shivering slightly! However, in the lift down from the 8th floor we discovered that another couple had had exactly the same experience, and yet another had had "warmish" showers that morning but stone-cold ones the day before. So... do go to the hotel, but check the shower the instant you cross the threshold, and perhaps continue to do so at intervals!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple