My wife and I stayed for two nights at this hotel from 24-26 January - friends who'd travelled with us had booked in at the Marriott Marble Arch. There is no comparison between the two and how we wished we'd followed them there.
The room allocated couldn't have been further away from the lift and was cold from the start. The room though spacious, comprised two singe beds pushed together, which comprised our requested "double-bed" accommodation.
The bathroom was tired and old with a barely half-size bath. Floor-tiles were chipped and blackened. The hotel "generously" provided us with two very small tubes of shower-gel and shampoo, never mind conditioner for my wife. The refreshments comprised three tea-bags and some sugar and milk containers, no biscuits. No ironing facilities were available in the room. So much for a warm welcome on a very cold day.
The Wifi service charge was £10 for one hour and the leisure facilities another £8 each per person. It's not all in the price folks! They were free at the Marriott of course.
We were very disappointed with this very large hotel, the only saving grace being the relatively friendly and helpful staff. Considering its less than central location, I would not recommend it to anyone especially for the expensive price we paid for our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn London - Kensington is a beautiful 4-star hotel centrally located near Kensington High Street tube station and a short walk from Kensington Palace & Gardens, Royal Albert Hall, Earls Court and the West End. The Hotel has 708 well-equipped non-smoking bedrooms including Executive bedrooms and Suites. Enjoy fresh seasonal dishes in the brasserie or a drink in the sunny private garden. Business traveller's appreciate the powerful WiFi service, wide ranging room service menu and an executive lounge for VIPs too. State of the art meeting facilities for up to 250 delegates are ideal for meetings, dinners and weddings. Shopping at Westfield and Oxford Street is a short distance away. Imagine Health Club and Spa includes a fantastic new gym and an 18 metre swimming pool with sauna, steam rooms and jacuzzi. The Spa offers an enticing selection of massage, facial and beauty treatments with our expert therapists. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn London - Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kensington Close London
- Hotel Kensington Close
- Kensington Close Hotel London
- Holiday Inn London - Kensington England