To be fair, the hotel has a beautiful lobby and fairly good location. Breakfast is okay but nothing special.
Also being fair, the room was absolutely terrible. We were expecting a 'luxury' experience'. What we got was a room that would be better suited to a 2 star hotel. It was small, unclean, paint peeling off the walls, a powerpoint was half hanging off the walls, three screws sticking out of the floor of the bathroom doorframe, tiny bathroom and on top of this, the shower did not properly work.
We had breakfast included on our booking but our room was never on the list and every morning we had to argue our case with the staff that breakfast was actually included. One morning we missed breakfast because we were told by the staff at reception it closed later than it really did. No apology, no offer of an alternative. They could not even tell us a local place to have breakfast.
If you are looking for a 2 star hotel, stay here - your expectations will be met. But if you are actually looking for a hotel where you get the 'luxury' experience you pay for, save yourself the frustration and disappointment and find another hotel. We certainly did not see anything apart from the glitzy lobby that was enjoyable.
Overall - a bad experience and unfortunately the last stop on a 'trip of a lifetime' for us. Would not recommend this hotel and will be voicing our opinion to our travel agent who booked this hotel never to do so again for anybody wanting a good experience in London. Save your money and go elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn London - Kensington is a beautiful 4-star hotel centrally located near Kensington High Street tube station and a short walk from Kensington Palace & Gardens, Royal Albert Hall, Earls Court and the West End. The Hotel has 708 well-equipped non-smoking bedrooms including Executive bedrooms and Suites. Enjoy fresh seasonal dishes in the brasserie or a drink in the sunny private garden. Business traveller's appreciate the powerful WiFi service, wide ranging room service menu and an executive lounge for VIPs too. State of the art meeting facilities for up to 250 delegates are ideal for meetings, dinners and weddings. Shopping at Westfield and Oxford Street is a short distance away. Imagine Health Club and Spa includes a fantastic new gym and an 18 metre swimming pool with sauna, steam rooms and jacuzzi. The Spa offers an enticing selection of massage, facial and beauty treatments with our expert therapists. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TravelClick, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn London - Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kensington Close London
- Hotel Kensington Close
- Kensington Close Hotel London
- Holiday Inn London - Kensington England