Recently stayed here with friends....checked in at gorgeous lobby area, cocktail area and all the way into beautiful dining room. Given keys to our room and SHOCKED when we opened the door....room WORSE than our college dorm days from the 60s!!!!!!! Bathroom....SMALL plus no where to set toiletries. No place to really put a piece of luggage and no place to hang clothes. Walls had to have been painted 30+ years ago, carpet FILTHY, window looked out onto roof heating system and surrounded by TALL BUILDINGS.....little to NO light from windows OR from poorly dimmed lightbulbs! TV size probably 13 inches. Went to front desk to complain.......given upgrade(?!?!?!?) down the hall with window overlooking front street (???), still poorly lit room from light fixtures, better TV, semi better sized bathroom, place to hang clothes and luggage rack available for one suitcase. FILTHY carpet in this upgraded room...... Truly would have preferred to stay in the lobby which was absolutely gorgeous.........something definitely wrong here. Would I stay here again........are you kidding?!?!? Not for the prices they charge for these terrible rooms. Location was outstanding and that's about it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street is a beautiful 4-star hotel centrally located near Kensington High Street tube station and a short walk from Kensington Palace & Gardens, Royal Albert Hall, Earls Court and the West End. The Hotel has 708 well-equipped non-smoking bedrooms including Executive bedrooms and Suites. Enjoy fresh seasonal dishes in the brasserie or a drink in the sunny private garden. Business traveller's appreciate the powerful WiFi service, wide ranging room service menu and an executive lounge for VIPs too. State of the art meeting facilities for up to 250 delegates are ideal for meetings, dinners and weddings. Shopping at Westfield and Oxford Street is a short distance away. Imagine Health Club and Spa includes a fantastic new gym and an 18 metre swimming pool with sauna, steam rooms and jacuzzi. The Spa offers an enticing selection of massage, facial and beauty treatments with our expert therapists. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kensington Close London
- Hotel Kensington Close
- Kensington Close Hotel London
- Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street England