Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street
Oliver Hotel(London)
  • Breakfast included
The Rockwell(London)
4,495 results
All reviewsmuffin mantube stationrooms are smallhotel is in a great locationhyde parkfew minutes walkafternoon teakensingtondoorman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Great area. The hotel is conveniently located near to the underground station, shops and restaurants. The room was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was satisfying and the service was excellent. A very pleasant stay. Staff was friendly, efficient and courteous. I would recommend this hotel readily to my associates.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Leah F
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Reception and bar area is impressive and the receptionist was welcoming. I was pleased to find I had been upgraded to an executive room, however this was short lived.
My room was very compact indeed, although the shower room (no bath) was nicely finished.
Bar prices are excessive even by London hotel standards, with the added cheek of adding a "discretionary" 15% service on top. The rip off theme continues with £9.95 a day for wi-fi and having to pay again to use the gym.
There are better hotels in London for this price.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Clothcreature
Reviewed November 24, 2012

When going to London i always choose a different hotel and area , this time it was Kensington.
Hotel is really good positioned near an underground station, and close to shops , bars and restaurants , Kensington palace is nearby and also Notting Hill is within walking distance .
The rooms in the hotel were very spacious , staff at check in was very friendly, we did not eat in the hotel since we had a room only reservation and nearby there were enough good business to have breakfast , lunch or dinner. Only 2 minor negative points : only 2 small elevators ,and when you leave your luggage on the day of departure you need to pay for it ( a pound per bag)
The hotels hosts airline staff and groups , which means that waiting time at he elevator can be long. When travelling to London always check upfront the construction works on the underground during the weekend , we were unlucky to have them on the circle and district line at the same time, the only 2 lines that served our nearest underground station to the hotel....

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I chose the Kensington Close Hotel mainly for its location; but my experience there was SHOCKING.Checking-in was a little long winded but I put that down to the foreign receptionist, he even had the cheek to ask if he could take an extra £60 for breakfast etc (that I hadn't asked for) this suggested they don't trust their guests to settle their account on departure. The room looked tired and poorly maintained with chipped tiles and toilet; light not working and hand prints on the walls which had disturbed the dust and the carpet looked dirty; but this I put down to its star rating. The room was very noisy, heard all the traffic from the corridor outside my room as well as water flowing through the pipes (I'm guessing I was right by the main pipes). On the second night I came back to a call from reception telling me I wasn't booked in for the second night!! This contradicted my booking confirmation and what reception told me on checking-in when they had my card details. I highlighted my dissatisfaction when I checked-out but the receptionist was very dismissive with my comments and made it out that it was my fault; I felt very ill treated. My complaint about the maid knocking on my door not long after 8am was ignored. She ignored my booking confirmation and the fact that it was their fault; she also had the cheek to fob it off on a computer crash the night before when I pushed it further.
If you are thinking of going here, please think again as while they have refurbished the reception area, the room is crying out for help and the staff need training in basic customer service and a change in attitude!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KimothyT
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My preference in hotels is for something very small. I was booked into Kensington Close for work reasons. It is HUGE.
First impressions, nice area., near to tube. Concierge came and helped with bags. Lovely, friendly, helpful but not in-your-face. Check in was very busy but similarly pleasant and friendly. Very efficient.
Room was pleasant and clean. Nice sheets. I care about sheets. Quiet room, good lighting, good shower, with shampoo and shower gel.
Got wi fi for £9.95.
Breakfast was ok but catering for large numbers means that the little bits of nonsense that can make it special are harder to provide. Coffee was ok but not fabulous but I am v picky. Great service tho'.
Checkout swift and helpful and we got taxi.
Not the hotel's fault but streets were jammed and we should have taken the tube... Just a note for others on a deadline.
High spot really was the staff, really nice.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business