I chose the Kensington Close Hotel mainly for its location; but my experience there was SHOCKING.Checking-in was a little long winded but I put that down to the foreign receptionist, he even had the cheek to ask if he could take an extra £60 for breakfast etc (that I hadn't asked for) this suggested they don't trust their guests to settle their account on departure. The room looked tired and poorly maintained with chipped tiles and toilet; light not working and hand prints on the walls which had disturbed the dust and the carpet looked dirty; but this I put down to its star rating. The room was very noisy, heard all the traffic from the corridor outside my room as well as water flowing through the pipes (I'm guessing I was right by the main pipes). On the second night I came back to a call from reception telling me I wasn't booked in for the second night!! This contradicted my booking confirmation and what reception told me on checking-in when they had my card details. I highlighted my dissatisfaction when I checked-out but the receptionist was very dismissive with my comments and made it out that it was my fault; I felt very ill treated. My complaint about the maid knocking on my door not long after 8am was ignored. She ignored my booking confirmation and the fact that it was their fault; she also had the cheek to fob it off on a computer crash the night before when I pushed it further.
If you are thinking of going here, please think again as while they have refurbished the reception area, the room is crying out for help and the staff need training in basic customer service and a change in attitude!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street is a beautiful 4-star hotel centrally located near Kensington High Street tube station and a short walk from Kensington Palace & Gardens, Royal Albert Hall, Earls Court and the West End. The Hotel has 708 well-equipped non-smoking bedrooms including Executive bedrooms and Suites. Enjoy fresh seasonal dishes in the brasserie or a drink in the sunny private garden. Business traveller's appreciate the powerful WiFi service, wide ranging room service menu and an executive lounge for VIPs too. State of the art meeting facilities for up to 250 delegates are ideal for meetings, dinners and weddings. Shopping at Westfield and Oxford Street is a short distance away. Imagine Health Club and Spa includes a fantastic new gym and an 18 metre swimming pool with sauna, steam rooms and jacuzzi. The Spa offers an enticing selection of massage, facial and beauty treatments with our expert therapists. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kensington Close London
- Hotel Kensington Close
- Kensington Close Hotel London
- Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street England