Dingy rooms (don't be fooled by their tarted up lobby), unreliable service, and attempted overcharges on your bill? Then this will be the place for you. Do you see all the other negative reviews here? Heed them.
Took a chance and booked this hotel in spite of all the negative reviews because the hotel highlighted had a very good fitness centre and pool in their description. And, it's true. What they lowlighted, if they mentioned it at all, was that you have to pay extra to use them. This is cheating. If you want to brag about your pool, at least be honest enough to tell how much extra you're going to charge your guests to use it.
Actually, this is a pattern at this establishment, who will try to nickel and dime you to death. Actually, this is London, so it's more like 5 and 10 pound you to death. Want a bucket of ice? Guess how much they want for it? Well, you can find out for yourself when you go there.
Oh, and, if you book via hotels.com, you will see it shows that internet is free. However, when you get there, they will try to charge for internet and claim hotels.com is lying about the internet being free. I got a good laugh from that, and after a moment, they did agree to "waive" the internet fee. So far so good. Only problem within a couple hours, the internet crashed, and wasn't available for the duration of our one day stay.
The final memorable moment of the stay was when, at checkout, they tried to charge me again for the internet which: 1) should have been included in the price in the first place; 2) was crashed and unavailable for our entire stay.
All this only to find their gym and pool is actually open to the public and I could have booked a nicer and cheaper room down the street and used the savings to pay for the fitness centre/pool entrance fee. Well, next time I'll know better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street is a beautiful 4-star hotel centrally located near Kensington High Street tube station and a short walk from Kensington Palace & Gardens, Royal Albert Hall, Earls Court and the West End. The Hotel has 708 well-equipped non-smoking bedrooms including Executive bedrooms and Suites. Enjoy fresh seasonal dishes in the brasserie or a drink in the sunny private garden. Business traveller's appreciate the powerful WiFi service, wide ranging room service menu and an executive lounge for VIPs too. State of the art meeting facilities for up to 250 delegates are ideal for meetings, dinners and weddings. Shopping at Westfield and Oxford Street is a short distance away. Imagine Health Club and Spa includes a fantastic new gym and an 18 metre swimming pool with sauna, steam rooms and jacuzzi. The Spa offers an enticing selection of massage, facial and beauty treatments with our expert therapists. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kensington Close London
- Hotel Kensington Close
- Kensington Close Hotel London
- Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street England