“Good points and bad”

Ranked #515 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Norwich, UK
“Good points and bad”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

So the good points first, excellent location opposite Hyde Park and easy to get to on underground. Free wifi, good breakfast, room temperature good, hate those hotels where rooms are hot and styffy and you cant seem to do aything about it! Staff very professional and helpful. Disn't eat there but restaurant and menu looked lovely and not too expensive. For London hotel room a good size. However, dried blood on sink in bathroom, think last person must have cut himself shaving by the location of it, it was late so just wiped it off myself. Carpet threadbear on entrance to bathroom and so you begin to look about and see how much the edges of the skirtings badly need a refurb. Lifts small and at breakfast and checkout times very busy. Woken very early by a delivery truck as my room on 5th Floor was above the delivery area colleagues on 10th floor did not hear it. Breakfast very nice, you could order eggs cooked any style and smoothies in shot glasses were lovely, OJ weak and tastelss in comparrison. As it was booked by company had no choice but if I had to would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (723)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Market Weighton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

I had the most amazing sleep, no hotel or road noise which is so unusual for Central London in my experience. Good basic facilities, comfortable and clean room, helpful friendly reception staff, very good value.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stayed at Corus for two nights as it was selected by the company who arranged by trip. Before traveling to London, I checked out their website and tripadvisor reviews, so I knew what I was in for and didn't expect much. Unfortunately, Corus fell below my already lowered expectations. Firstly, their reception was unfriendly and not very helpful; elevators and rooms extremely dated; beds extremely soft to the point where you can feel the springs against your spine; bathrooms small (but clean), no amenities and slippers provided aside from simple shampoo/conditioner; no mini fridge (i.e. not where to keep drinks cool). Internet was slow at times, but since it's free, I have no real complaints. Overall disappointed and would not spend my hard earned money there. Location-wise, the hotel is across from Hyde Park and walking distant (around 20 mins) to Bond Street, so the 2 stars are for location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank xksb

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Nice hotel good attentive staff. Room smallish but adequate. We ate in the hotel restaurant and the opera singing restaurant. 2 superb meals. Worth every penny. If you do eat here the opera restaurant should not be missed

• Stayed March 2014
Nimo Abdi _, Guest Relations Manager at Corus Hotel Hyde Park London, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Androidpreston,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Corus Hotel Hyde Park and sharing your experience of us with the online community.

It was a great delight to have you as our guest and to know that your stay with us was a pleasant one. Your satisfaction is our utmost priority.

Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This hotel provided a great location, although the space in the room left a little to be desired. Breakfast was delicious, and the bed was rather decent as well. Staff was good. The only downfall was that there was little to no space to move about. Perfect for us as it just for one night, as we were in transit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bda_dave
Dear Bda_dave,

Thank you choosing to stay at Corus Hotel Hyde Park. It was a pleasure to welcome you as our guest.

It was a delight to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the restaurant food met your expectations. The Chef was overjoyed to hear your feedback.

The rooms we have do vary in sizes, should you be returning, perhaps you would like to opt for one of our Executive rooms that are more spacious. Please contact me directly at guestrelations.londonhydepark@corushotels.com so I can allocate you to a room of your liking.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed for 2 nights and was allocated room 417 which was adjacent to some of the nosiest lifts I have heard. I am not a light sleeper but after getting constantly disturbed by the lift doors I gave up and phoned reception and was very quickly offered a room transfer. I suspect this is a very, very regular occurrence as evidenced by the rapid reception offer to "move to a room away from the lifts".
The reception and foyer/bar area is worthy of the hotels 4* rating but the downstairs restaurant requires updating and the small, dated bedrooms would not look out of place in a guest house.
If you decide to stay here, ensure you ask for a room well away from the lifts but I wont be returning.

Room Tip: Ensure you ask for a room well away from the lifts
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank TJC60
Dear TJ60,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Corus Hotel Hyde Park.

We would like to apologise for the disturbance caused by lifts. I have forwarded your feedback to our Front of House Manager to ensure that this issue will not occur again in the future. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and please accept our sincere apologies for the upset caused.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My friends and I took tea this afternoon and despite there being only one other couple in the restaurant the service was very very slow our champagne was not properly chilled,we had a long wait before the food arrived when it did the sandwiches were dry on top as though they had been made much much earlier ,the scones of which there was one each ,were too large .The cakes of which there were two per person were uninspiring when we wanted more tea I had to go looking for a member of staff

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jean C
Nimo Abdi _, Guest Relations Manager at Corus Hotel Hyde Park London, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Jean C,

Thank you for reviewing your experience of us with the online travelling community. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I was very disappointed to hear that your Afternoon Tea did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for the upset caused. I have forwarded your review to the Food and Beverage Services Manager and he is currently reviewing the issues with his team members. Please let me reassure you that this is certainly not the standard we strive for and we will do whatever it takes to prevent the issues from occurring again.

Should you be returning, please contact me directly at guestrelations.londonhydepark@corushotels.com so I can ensure that your next Afternoon Tea with us is a pleasant one.