Corus Hotel Hyde Park London
$288
$279
Orbitz.com
4,352 results
All reviewshyde parkswan pubcentral lineexecutive roomwinter wonderlandpaddington stationafternoon tearooms are smallkensington gardensfull englishmarble archheathrow expressbreakfast was excellentbooked this hotelhotel is in a great locationenglish breakfastwest end
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Overall the hotel and room was clean and tidy with a smart modern appearance to the room. However I know we are in London and space is at a premium, but it has to be the smallest room I have ever stayed in. Especially for the rate given. On check-in the reception also told me that breakfast was not included and it would cost an additional £14.50 for a breakfast voucher. Our business contract however states we should have bed and breakfast included. Thankfully it was sorted out, but a rather embarrassing conversation was had to sort it. This could have been easily resolved before arrival. On the topic of breakfast I have to say that it was not worth £14.50 by any means. The cooked breakfast buffet was cold and there was no offer of toast nor could I see a toaster to make your own. However the staff at breakfast were courteous and polite and seemed efficient and reliable. I have to say though that the last redeeming aspect was the pianist who played the grand piano in the lobby of an evening. I take my hat off to people with such talent and could quite happily sit there and listen to that for hours. Overall an average rating.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Checked in at 7.30 pm staff on reception friendly. Room was quite small but not a problem as only here for one night. On the 5th floor and traffic noise still very loud, bed is under the window and the draft is horrific. Order the Malaysian platter on room service and this was the most disappointing, cold and full of fat, obviously deep fried, could not eat it. Wouldn't stay again, better hotels in surrounding area.

Room Tip: Make sure your bed isn't under the window
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank anon1974
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice now on business trips and both times I have had continuous broken sleep. The hotel walls are so thin you can hear everything the rooms around you are doing, very frustrating if you have to wake up for a days work the next day. It's even more annoying that the windows are so thin you can hear the constant busy traffic outside the hotel. If the broken sleep wasn't bad enough I went to get in the shower and it was broken, the tap on the bath was completely off the basin. The rooms are small but that's not a problem if you're only there for one night. The hotel is not great for a Central London hotel and for the price of the room!

Room Tip: Request a quiet room!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Lucy P
Corus_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Corus Hotel Hyde Park London, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Lucy P,

Thank you for writing a review and sharing your experience of us with the online travelling community. We truly appreciate you taking the time. We were disappointed to read that your sleep was disturbed due to the sound. If you had mentioned this to our Reception team, you would have certainly been reallocated to a quiet room. Regarding the shower, we are reviewing the issue with our Maintenance team. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for one night. Nothing bad to say, we weren't really there much only to sleep and have breakfast! Breakfast was ok as we asked for it to come to our room at 10am on the Sunday morning...we were both still fast asleep when the guy came knocking on our door and said he had been there for 15 minutes...Oops!
In a great location and our room faced Hyde Park, beautiful.

I would recommend if staying for 1-2 nights!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Annie O
Corus_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Corus Hotel Hyde Park London, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Annie O,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experience of us with the online travelling community. It was a pleasure to welcome you as our guest. We were delighted to read that our room service staff managed to deliver your breakfast. It was also a pleasure to read that our location so near to Hyde Park was such a benefit for you.

We hope to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I understand this is London, but this literally was the tiniest room I have ever stayed in. So tiny that I actually dreaded coming back to the room and having to sleep in this 'closet like' space. In addition, both phones were broken in my room and if I needed anything from the front desk or concierge I needed go downstairs. The service was hit or miss. Some of the staff were very helpful in trying to navigate this busy city, whereas other stuff barely knew the transportation options to get to Gatwick airport. On the bright side, the location of the hotel is right next to the Lancaster Gate station so you can hop on the tube and get anywhere in the city. The neighborhood is pretty residential and there is definitely a lack of restaurant options nearby. We mostly ate in the notting hill/queensway area which is a 15-30 minute walk from the hotel. The piano player in the evenings does add a special touch to the lobby.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kala587
Corus_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Corus Hotel Hyde Park London, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear Kala587,

Thank you for writing a review and sharing your experience of us with the online travelling community. We truly appreciate you taking the time. We were, however, disappointed to read that you found the size of the room small. We would be delighted to discuss your room needs to allocate you to one of your liking, should you be returning.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our helpful staff and the piano player, I will be sure to pass on for them to appreciate. Please accept our apologies if some staff were not able to properly locate you your direction. We do, however, have a very specialised concierge team next to the Reception who can better guide you next time you stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back soon,