“A Great Place to Stay in London”

Corus Hotel Hyde Park London
Ranked #493 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We have just attendied the Remembrance Ceremony in London and had agreat time. The hotel was great and very handy for the tube, just a few minuites walk from the hotel front door.
It was without doubt one of the best hotels i have stayed in especially in London.
The accomodation meals and staff were first class, i will most certainly be booking again in 2013

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Shahar R, Manager at Corus Hotel Hyde Park London, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Corus Hyde Park Hotel London.
I am glad to read that our enjoyed the hotel’s location, food offerings and the helpful service of our team.
The delivery of great customer care is very important to us and is something that we work at daily to ensure we are continually striving for improvements.
I’m pleased you were satisfied with all our services and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind regards

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,109)

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed there 4 nights with my 73 year old mom and my 8 year old son. Nov 2012

The room was EXACTLY beside the elevator. We could hear every beep as you can imagine and two out of the 4 days we woke up in the middle of the night because some of the tenants were making noise coming out of the elevator.

The room was very small, no view whatsoever, and with NO WARDROBE and NO MINI BAR. Amazing for the money i had to pay EUR 330/night!!!

However it is very well located.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Shahar R, Manager at Corus Hotel Hyde Park London, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
It is a shame that you have left the hotel disappointed with your room accommodation.
I am very sorry that your stay was marred in this way.
Please be assured I have taken your comments onboard and will follow up with my team.
I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I currently book various hotels around London for solo travellers on business. I can assure you with the cabin type rooms (bearing in mind you could stand arm to arm length and touch both walls) I will not be booking this again. The room allocated was next to the lift (you can imagine the noise) after being asked to change room, reception staff then stated there were none left... After calling reception and reporting the broken air con various times after being assured someone would be up to fix it, did anyone appear? no. Not even going to mention how hot the shower room (cupboard) was! After an awful 3 nights stay, the highlight was being over charged at the reception desk. For the price paid on departure I could have booked the Hilton Paddington for a week. I can definetly say I wont be booking here in future.

Room Tip: No Air Con, cabin like rooms, not next to the lift.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your review.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you suffered as a result of the issues you experienced with your room accommodation and I can appreciate that this must have been very frustrating.
On this occasion we have fallen below our usual standards and I can assure you to speak to the relevant departments.
Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback and I do hope we are able to welcome you back to the Corus Hyde Park London in the future.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

This hotel is well located on bayswater rd and directly opposite hyde park and the Italian garden entrance to the park, Also 2mins from lancaster gate tube station, 10 mins walk from notting hill & 15 mins from Portabella rd.

First Impressions
Exterior: large white georgian hotel
Reception: well presented, clean & airey
Confusion over booking which the staff assisted with best endevours which was sorted within 15mins, One gripe was that I requested a late / possible upgrade due too occassion but they claimed ignorance on request !!!!! never mind.

Rooms
Minisicule.......absolutley tiny for people to feel comfortable for a stay more than 1 night, No storage whatsoever, table ironing board, Bathroom not big enough to dry in and nowhere to store shampoos etc, The sink is an egg cup of some sort.
Can't adjust heating (Oven like)& windows are hard to open
The plus points are that they are clean

Breakfast: Excellent

Drinks: Expensive

It gets 3/5 for location & breakfast

Room Tip: Standard rooms are tiny so if you want to stay here then go for an upgrade
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Sir,

I thank you for taking the time to tell me about your experience.
Your constructive feedback is much appreciated.
I am sorry to hear that you have found your room a bit small.
I am following up with my team to ensure that we are providing our guests with accurate information at all times.
I am very sorry that your stay was marred in this way and I can assure that the issues you were experiencing are now resolved.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Had a large, comfortable and clean family room. Large bathroom with good shower. Non alcoholic drinks in the minibar for free, also some cookies.

Only mistake: Despite several calls, they did not repair the safe in the room

Room Tip: quiet room on the 8 floor
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Shahar R, Manager at Corus Hotel Hyde Park London, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
I will be sure to pass on your comments regarding the safe in the room that you were staying in to our Maintenance Manager to investigate.
The delivery of great customer care is very important to me and its something that I work at daily to ensure we are continually striving for improvements.
I’m looking forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to London

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Spent 4 days here at the end of October under a Travelzoo deal. We got the upgrade to an executive room (248) and found it quite large, very well equipped (coffee/tea supplies, ironing board, desk, large bottle of water every day) and very clean and comfortable. The wi-fi was a bit slow at times but worked fine and the included (buffet) breakfast made for a good start to the day - the food could have been hotter, but there was lots to choose from, good quality ingredients and friendly service. There was a bit of noise from hall and street during the evening but nothing noticeable during sleeping hours.

The hotel is a short block away from the Lancaster Gate tube stop and directly across Bayswater Road from Hyde Park. It is possible to walk to Soho, Mayfair, etc., but not recommended - it takes 30-45 minutes. There are a couple of good pubs nearby - The Mitre about 50 yards up the side street and the Leinster Arms about a block west.

The only negative experience we had was getting hit with an 11 pound charge for making one local phone call to meet a friend for lunch.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Peter and Susan,

I’m pride for offering our guests a high quality product with personable service and it is great to see that you enjoyed it.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We gave it four stars after a January visit, and booked for two more separate stays later in the year.

Unfortunately, this time ....
We had no time to change our room before dashing off to an appointment, but we found it hard to believe that the room could be described as a double. The bed was a double size, but against the wall one side with a table unit at the foot so that one of us had to clamber over the other to get in and out.
On check out we expressed our concerns as we had another booking for December and would not wish to stay in a similar room. The desk clerk said it was a standard room [we had been upgraded before] and they were all similar size although some had access from both sides. We said we thought it was inadequate and would not want similar on our next booked stay. We did not seem to get anywhere so when asked if we wished to see the duty manager, we did. He was more pleasant but basically said the same - that the standard doubles in the older part of the building were of that design, and went on to show us others in a newer part which had access on both sides. He could not guarantee an upgrade for our next visit.

We wrote to the management on the basis that we thought the "double" description was misleading without warnings as to layout, and requested assurance that we would not get the same next time. We would otherwise have had to cancel. We had intelligent and sympathetic responses, which is a change from many standard complaint responses that one sees on websites, and were given specific assurances as to the size/layout for our next visit.

However we still differ as to the need to warn that the standard double could well be a design that we would argue does not fulfill the "double" fundamental of access both sides. I could get facetious as to whether or not they also have bunk beds - but it is not as silly as it sounds as both require similar agility!

We were happy with value for money on our offer, and will no doubt again be happy on our next visit, but we would not stay again in their version of a standard double squashed against a wall.

Room Tip: Ask to see a standard double before committing
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple