“Convenient place to stay”
Review of London Town Hotel

London Town Hotel
Ranked #548 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 19, 2012

If you need to stay around Earls Court, this is one of the best hotels to stay in. I have stayed in a number of the hotels around Earls Court and this is just about the quietest. Far enough from the tube to be quiet but close enough to walk to, about 3 minutes. The rooms are small but comfortable and the continental breakfast is fine. If you are expecting luxury and cordon bleu, this is not for you. If you want a good place to rest your head for a night or two, this is the place for you. Nice residents' lounge for tea and coffee and a multitude of eating places within a two minute walk. Stayed here three times now and will do so again. Do not stay in a hotel on the other side of Penywern Road unless you are a train spotter.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ImmigrantTyke
LondonTownHotel, Manager at London Town Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear ImmigrantTyke, Thank you for your kind comments and taking the time to give us your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the London Town Hotel soon.
Kind Regards, Manager ,

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had a night here during our London stay. The rooms were very clean & the bedding was comfortable.
We picked a triple room & it was a good size.
The service was fantastic. The gentleman on reception was very pleasant.
The location was great - just around the corner from the underground station.
There was a laundromat nearby (a huge plus). This was just a short walk from the hotel.
The walls are a little thin (we could hear everything from the rooms all around us), but do not let this deter you from staying here. Once 10pm came around, it was very peaceful and quiet.
We would definitely consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flutterbybecs
LondonTownHotel, Manager at London Town Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Flutterbybecs, Thank you for your kind comments and taking the time to give us your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the London Town Hotel in the near future. Kind Regards, Manager

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed 4 nights the location was fantasic just around the corner from the tube station. The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much of trouble, the rooms are small but spotless and as we were sightseeing all day this was not a problem. Breakfast was very good and there was plenty of it. I cannot recommed this Hotel highly enough and will be staying there again when we visit London again..

Col & Jill Mt. Warrigal n.s.w. Australia

Room Tip: We were facing the main road on the 6th floor and had no problem with traffic noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jillnorris

Dear Jillnorris, Thank you for your kind comments and taking the time to give us your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the London Town Hotel in the near future. Kind Regards, Manager

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This hotel is very good value for money compared with other London hotels that I have stayed at. Very polite and effective staff. Good breakfast, No traffic noise. Good choice if you are on a quick visit to London and are not looking for top class luxury. Tube station just round the corner and reasonable resaurants nearby.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
LondonTownHotel, Manager at London Town Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear Swingelish,

Reviewed September 28, 2012

This hotel was perfect for me. I would definitely recommend and stay again but if you are a stickler for the details, read on.

Very convenient location, about one block from the Earls Court tube stop. Earls court has wheelchair access - which means there's a lift/elevator if you are hauling luggage. Earls court also has access to the central and district lines so VERY easy to get to anywhere you want to go. (to get to the hotel, turn right out of the station and turn right on the first street, hotel is on the left, approx 2-3 minutes walk).

The area is busy but not sketchy or run down. As a single woman, I felt safe walking at night. Within 2 blocks, there is a coin laundry, a grocery, bottle shops, Gregg's (a type of convenience store with light food, toasted snacks, and coffee), pharmacy, Boots (health and beauty), coffee shops and a couple of restaurants. My favorite is Masala Zone (reasonably priced Indian)

The staff were really quite friendly and even arranged a bit of an earlier check in on a busy day. I was half sleeping in the lounge and they came snd got me, already having carried my bags to my room. (The hotel does have a 2 person lift/elevator but you may still need to go down 1/2 a dozen steps depending on your room number.)

I always seem to get the room with no wifi access in these hotels but this one actually has 4 routers to connect to and i had no problems . Wifi was totally free.  The information card in your room has the password which is the same for all.

The hotel and room (single, 4th floor) were clean and had no funky odors (no mildew or stale smoke smell!) there were some areas of the hallway wall that had been damaged but nothing that made you think it was used as a the set for a horror film. My room carpet had a stain but was clearly clean. Walls were clean as well.

The room was very small/narrow which I expected, but I could still move around the bed. The pics the hotel posted seemed accurate to me. My twin bed was firm (no memory foam unfortunately), a little hard but didn't creak and I couldn't feel any springs :) sheets were pristine - crisp, white, like new. Extra blanket in the tiny closet. The room has a shoebox size safe, nightstand and desk w chair that serves as vanity, desk and table (mirror above). You leave your key w reception when you go out.

Small, 19inch flat screen mounted high in the corner (with remote)

NO AIR CON that I could see, but I could be missing it. Window was left open which gave a nice breeze, but if you're a light sleeper there's pedestrian noise from the street for awhile. I stayed in October so didn't have an issue with heat.

Bathroom. Hot water was good, water pressure was fine, especially for Europe but the shower stall was small (approx 2.5 feet or 70cm x 70cm). I'm 5'7 and when I bent to get the shampoo my backside pressed to the wall and my face was about an inch from the other wall! Noisy fan and rough but clean towels (2 towels, no face cloth). A very small round of soap and a sample size packet of shampoo was provided but I would recommend stopping by Boots and getting something a bit better.

Entire hotel is no-smoking.

Continental breakfast was simple but good - muesli, wheatabix and corn flakes. Fresh bananas, canned peaches, filter coffee, tea of course, orange and apple juice, milk, croissants and Danish, soft boiled eggs, cheese slices, and someone brought out warm toast.

There's no tea/coffee service in the rom but there is one in the lounge. The lounge was a nice little gathering place if your staying with friends and got some fresh air from a small balcony. Seats are a bit faded and my bottom could have used some extra cushion but It was a nice perk just to have the lounge at all.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank angelc74

Dear Angelc74,
Thank you for your kind comments and taking the time to give us your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the London Town Hotel soon. Kind Regards, Manager

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed for 6 nights recently and found the Hotel clean and comfortable. the rooms are small but as we were out all day sightseeing it was good. Our room was at the back of the building so no street noise. Breakfast was good and there are plenty of Pubs and fastfood places to get meals. Earls court tube station is just around the corner and bus stops close by. we found the staff to be friendly and helpful. one night we had some loud tv noise from the room next door, we spoke to the desk staff and had no other problems after.would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ian B

Dear Ian B, Thank you for your kind comments and taking the time to give us your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the London Town Hotel in the near future. Kind Regards, Manager

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed at the hotel on two occasions as part of my Olympic Volunteer duties in London (stayed for 1 night and 16 nights) I found the room size fine as was in there on my own, staff were all great, friendly, helpful and always happy to help. Location was great for everything as was based in Earls Court for my volunteer role, just round the corner from the underground to get anywhere in London. Would recommend and defo go again if back in London for another visit in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Alex H

Dear Alex H, Thank you for your kind comments and taking the time to give us your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the London Town Hotel in the near future. Kind Regards, Manager