Myself and my wife recently stayed here for one night as part of a family booking that also included four other family members. It goes without saying that the location cannot be bettered in central London; just across the Thames from Parliament.
Check-in was cold and inefficient for such a top brand hotel chain. I must add that I have stayed in several Marriott hotels down the years in a past life and I nearly missed reception altogether as the signposting is very small! Two rooms out of four were ready, so we checked into those first.
One family member had a suite; very nice!! Lounge, bedroom and separate bathroom and toilet. The rest of us had double rooms all on the Thames side. Our room had a fetching view of the London Eye (and everyone on the London Eye had a good view into our room!!!!!!).
We checked in our other guests two hours later and headed up to the pool. The pool is big, but access is strange. Sign in one the 5th floor and go back up to the 6th floor for the pool. There are jacuzzis in the health club, but only in a same-sex area. This made for some embarrassing 'diversions of eyes' as naked men left the jacuzzi!
We all had access to the Executive Lounge and it came across as small and a bit shabby. Beers but no spirits. White wine but no red.
All in all a comfortable stay for what we paid, which was absolutely nothing as we were all on points! But if you want that suite then get ready for £270 / night . . . . . .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Painted with a signature backdrop, the historic London Marriott Hotel County Hall offers proximity to our city's main attractions. With views of Big Ben, the banks of the River Thames and overlooked by the London Eye, landmarks are a short stroll away from the front doors of our hotel in London, England. Stay with us and hold your events here, as we feature distinctive venues that can accommodate every occasion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your London Marriott Hotel County Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott London County Hall Hotel London
- London Marriott Hotel County Hall England