My family and I spent a week last September at the Marriott County Hall. Our objective in deciding where to stay while in London was staying where we could spend more time enjoying London and less time trying to get around. Having our young son with us, my husband and I wanted to be able to easily access many types of transportation and be able to have things to do in close proximity to our room. The County Hall was the perfect location.
Tour buses and city buses have stops outside the main hotel entrance on the Westminster Bridge Road, but we soon realized that unless we needed a taxi or were planning to take the tour bus, we were better off leaving through either the County Hall building, onto Belvedere Road or onto the riverside walk. Familiarize yourself with how to navigate the building by leaving the hotel through the library/sitting room. You will save yourself a lot of time and energy. Waterloo is not too far, but do exit out the Belvedere Road side.
Our room was a nice size. We had 2 beds, a small table, a desk and 2chairs and still had more than enough room to move around. Our room was on the river side. We enjoyed opening the window in order to hear Big Ben. With the window closed we could hear just a little, but not enough to disturb our sleep. Could not see the London Eye, but we were able to see Parliament and the clock tower.
The hotel restaurant was pretty standard. The wait staff was very friendly and attentive. For those with small children, restrooms were a long walk.
Overall we had a great stay. Everyone was welcoming. My son especially enjoyed the chocolates each evening.
We usually left our room in the morning and would not return until dinner, which we occasionally picked up at the Subway on the belvedere road side or the McDonald's on the riverside. One day, we returned around 4 and our room had not been serviced. That was disappointing but not a big deal.
We found it strange there was no clock in our room. My son thought it was because we could look out our window and see the clock tower with Big Ben.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Painted with a signature backdrop, the historic London Marriott Hotel County Hall offers proximity to our city's main attractions. With views of Big Ben, the banks of the River Thames and overlooked by the London Eye, landmarks are a short stroll away from the front doors of our hotel in London, England. Stay with us and hold your events here, as we feature distinctive venues that can accommodate every occasion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your London Marriott Hotel County Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott London County Hall Hotel London
- London Marriott Hotel County Hall England