Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Robert Cook
Deerfield, Wisconsin

An Extremely Frustrating Weekend Stay.

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 26, 2019
I was really on the fence about writing a review here about this, because I very much dislike being negative.

Unfortunately, I had to make an exception here, due to just how badly I was treated during a honeymoon trip/stay.

I'm going to summarize as much as I can, condensed down.

I also know this was peak season, as well as a major poker tournament going on, but some of these are just inexcusable.

- Upon pulling up to the hotel to have a valet grab our bags after a long drive through London in rush hour traffic to arrive, was totally ignored for other clients arriving.

- The hotel room was quite obviously smoked in previously, even though these are non-smoking rooms. I was lied to by the cleaning staff as well as manager that this did not occur, even though it quite obviously was. After admitting that, "Some clients do that in the rooms", they offered to ozone the room while I was out during the day. This did not occur.

- The Entertainment/TV console was haphazardly hanging from the back of the TV, and did not function until we repaired it.

- The first night, I had thought that the sheets on the bed felt 'damp', but put it out of my mind. The next day after they completed cleaning/changing, the bedsheets were quite obviously wet, and confirmed by two others that it wasn't just me.

- Because there were no other options, they attempted to move me from one room to another on the same floor. However, it was not the same room we had previous, and facing an entire different direction. Ended up moving everything back into the original room, and to just deal with the smoke smell. They did change out the sheets.

- After contacting a friend with major accounts with the Hilton brand, who also just so happened to be attending a conference for them by Hilton, was able to get this escalated, where management the last day finally reached out to me. But by this point, not a lot could be done as we were leaving the next morning.

I was extremely frustrated by the entire ordeal, and ended up having to spend half of my Saturday night going back and forth with these rooms and trying to get someone to at least listen and do something.

I do have to give the hotel one thing though, the location and view from where we were was absolutely stunning.

With everything we did there in London, the experience in the hotel just left a sour taste in my mouth.

After staying in many smaller and specialty hotels/suites around now who actually go out of their way for you, I'd highly recommend finding something like that around here.
2.0 of 5 bubblesValue
2.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
1.0 of 5 bubblesService
SongulHilton, on behalf of the team at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review
Responded Aug 30, 2019
Dear rpcook_offers,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Hilton experience with us.

We regret to be informed that this stay did not meet the Hilton standard. We apologise for the inconvenient smell during your stay and we are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve.

Please rest assured that this is not the lasting impression we would like to give to our valued guests. Your comments in regards to the issues you have encountered with the house-keeping and maintenance will be taken on board and shared with the head of our house-keeping and maintenance department.

We understand that you have many other options out there however we are honored that you honoured that you have chosen to stay with us.

We hope to be able to provide you with a more positive experience and restore your faith in our brand should you choose Hilton in the future.

Kind regards,
  • Priceline
3.0 miles from London Hilton on Park Lane
View more hotels in London
4,440 results
All reviews the executive lounge podium restaurant trader vics mayfair suite afternoon tea diamond member buckingham palace green park high floor london skyline an upgrade london eye big ben tube station concierge doorman piccadilly
Selected filters
Reviewed August 23, 2019

One month gone by now and the hotel is still with holding £2695,00 from a paid credit card deposit paid upon arrival at reception which I now have in dispute.
This has involved a lot of my time with endless emails to the Hotel and time on the phone to my bank.

I can sustain being without these funds but it could be far more serious for people on a tighter budget.

The Hotel have been no help what so ever in this dispute engineered by them and their staff's incompetence.

Never ever again!

Date of stay: July 2019
3  Thank beefy120
SandraHilton1, on behalf of staff at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2019

Dear beefy120,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

We are sorry that we were not able to provide you with a more positive overall experience on this occasion.

You may wish to reach out to our Customer Care teams to discuss any concerns regarding your stay. Our agents would be happy to assist. Contact details may be found via the website.

We hope to be able to welcome you back for a more positive overall guest experience.

Best regards

Reviewed August 22, 2019

Cannot fault the entire experience.

Arrived half an hour early, which was no problem and we were instantly shown to a table. We received a warm welcome from friendly and pleasant staff, who couldn't do enough for us. The Tea was served in stages, and the contents of it were explained in detail, showing how much they care for the food they present. Staff were always on hand to see if we had enough or wanted anything more.

The Afternoon Tea was magnificently presented, it clearly showed the hard work that had got into it in terms of effort and presentation of the cakes. Everything was delicious.

However, the entire experience was made extra special by the attentiveness of one member of staff especially, who we unfortunately didn’t get their name (a tall, blonde man. Very happy chap!). While clearing a table nearby, he overheard a conversation between our table and the next, concerning the recent cancer treatment one of us had received. He came over and presented us with complimentary glasses of champagne, wishing us well and all the best after everything we've been through. It was extremely moving, and we were touched by his kind consideration and the extra mile he'd gone go to make us enjoy the whole experience.

I strongly recommend this place for an amazing afternoon tea, and would certainly come again next time we're in London.

2  Thank anturiaethaunewydd
Reviewed August 22, 2019

Disappointing!
I don't know where to start. This was painful. Just to get through this I'll go bullet point style:
- Check-in experience dismal
- Rooms size = most people's master bedroom closet (I booked a "Deluxe King")
- Room quality = felt like what I would imagine an immigration detention centre
-- dated furniture and fixtures
-- Most applicable adjectives....worn out, dented, torn, scarred, scratched, frayed, stained (you name it, they had it)
-- Bed uncomfortable with pillows that were worse than IKEA's cheapest varieties
-- Only one bathrobe in the room but two pairs of slippers? lol (although that one robe was actually the nicest thing about my experience...again lol)
-- Window sooooo dirty that the sunrise appeared as it viewed through a volcanic ash cloud or viewed from above mentioned detention centre! (third lol)
--The bathroom didn't have a tub and the shower was of double tree standards at best.
There is one saving grace to this property. The roof bar has a great view (although the bartenders can't seem to make a Daiquiri consistently to save their lives...first one was excellent but numbers 2, 3 and 4 were all different from each other!).
I love to stay in premium hotels and have enjoyed the likes of the Four Season, Ritz, Intercontinental, and Grand Hyatt properties worldwide. For the money the Hilton Park Lane commands you could stay at any of the aforementioned name plates in London and ACTUALLY HAVE A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE.
Poor form Hilton Park Lane.

9  Thank mtlives2015

Dear mtlives2015,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

Your feedback is much appreciated as it allows us to identify areas in which we may improve.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to one of our hotels for a more positive experience.

Best regards

Reviewed August 20, 2019

Last week we went to London for a short visit.
This time we had booked a room in the Hilton park lane.
A nice, clean room with a large bathroom.
We also had access to the excutive lounge. A nice bonus, nice breakfast, free drinks at night.
There is a relaxed atmosphere in the hotel.

2  Thank TravellersfromEurope
Reviewed August 17, 2019 via mobile

Check in with Roberto was friendly and efficient. He really tried to find a room slightly earlier than the relatively late starting check in. As one could still book rooms, I suppose the lack of an upgrade was ordered from above - Its now third time in a row (twice in Barcelona)! The gym and particularly the executive lounge, which overlooks Hydepark are brilliant with a great array of food, wine and different dishes that change during the day, including proper afternoontea with an assortment of scones.

Trip type: Traveled solo