“Amazing views”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Amazing views”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night last weekend with my boyfriend. Firstly, I can't comment on price as used hotel points to pay for it. However the room was amazing! Felt luxurious and the view was amazing. Being on the 22nd floor we got great views of Hyde park and Buckingham palace. The room was very clean and we got great service from front desk, and a free trio of deserts in our room! Location was also great as we were 5minutes from Hyde park, ten minutes from the big shops of park lane and half an about walk to Oxford street in one direction and the natural history museum in the other. Overall it was a fantastic experience.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Chisy123
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Chisy123,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am very happy to read about the great service that you have received on this Hilton Honors Points stay, and that our location and services provided were so to your liking. Whether for shopping or culture, you're in the right spot with us!

Thank you very much once again, and when you plan a return to us, please do contact the Reservations team at reservations.parklane@hilton.com and they will be happy to assist you.

London Hilton on Park Lane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (759)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I received a reward night so used it to stay at this hotel. On arrival we were very courteously greeted, given an upgrade to a King Deluxe on the 13th Floor and made to feel very welcome - a great start to a special evening for us. I had pre-booked some in-room snacks which they happily brought up early with an ice bucket so we sat in the enormous window seat overlooking the park with a glass of fizz and our nibbles - bliss. The room was very large - especially for London - extremely comfortable, spotless and very well-equipped with toiletries, drinks and up to the minute TV and sound etc. We did not use any of the other facilities but we slept very well and loved the fact that check-out was at 12 noon the next day. A really great stay and the fact that as a member you can get rewards like this is very likely to encourage other Hilton stays! Thank you Hilton Honors!

Room Tip: I think they all have a view but do check as it is spectacular!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kate T,

Thank you very much for your recent stay.

I am very pleased to read that as one of our Hilton Honors members, you have had such a fabulous stay with us here at the London Hilton on Park Lane. The window seats that we have in many of our rooms are certainly a favorite feature, and I am very happy that you have enjoyed watching the world go by!

Thank you very much once again, and when you plan a return visit to us please do contact our reservations team at reservations.parklane@hilton.com and they will be more than happy to assist you further.

Guest Services manager
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Disappointed - my first visit - quite dated, obviously in need of updating.
Staff and food good, clean and tidy - VFM not quite advice take plenty of cash you will need it.
28th floor open view bar has great views across London,worth a look.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PAUL H
Dear PAUL H,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am sorry to read that your first stay with us here at the London Hilton on Park Lane was not entirely to your satisfaction.

You have mentioned that the room was the main issue. If I might ask you to please contact me at david.gerrard@hilton.com so that I may investigate further and have the room looked at as a matter of priority.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week for a conference my association put on and I had several colleagues with me. While my room on the ninth floor was large and had a great view, several others in my group had views directly into neighboring offices or apartment buildings. One person in my group had an absolutely tiny room and her toilet continually refused to flush. The greatest flaw I saw with this hotel wasn't that the rooms, which we'd all paid the same price for, are very different - the greatest flaw was the cost of wireless in your room. £20 per day is simply outrageous and while I could expense it, on top of the cost of the room itself, I felt a good deal of guilt with such a high price.

The one best feature of this hotel is the staff. To say they are attentive or responsive is an understatement. Every query was answered quickly and having been through the process of putting on several meetings with my association, I would rate them among the best locations world wide which we've been at. When our signs got stuck in customs, they made use new ones quickly.

While the price would keep me for going back on personal travel, if you end up here for work, you certainly couldn't ask for a better location.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear ThomasH21,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

From your review, I can appreciate that your stay did have its ups and downs. It is the case that different rooms on the same floor can have very different views, and I do apologise that certain of your party did not like their views as much of the rest.

Regarding the wireless internet, while the £20 cost per day is in line with our competitors' offerings and covers the convenience of usage in your room, I can appreciate that the price was not to your satisfaction. Wireless internet is complimentary in the lobby, and we are looking at all options to reach a postiive conclusion in this matter.

I am very happy to read that our team was so attentive and responsive, and your positive feedback will certainly be made known to all departments. I am particularly pleased that we were able to create you custom signs when your originals were delayed by customs.

In any case, thank you very much once again for your feedback, and we look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We got a weekend special via LastMinute and were speedily checked in by the friendly reception staff. They kindly upgraded us to a room on the 17th floor with a superking bed - really comfortable and an amazing view over London. We didnt eat at the hotel but did go for a quick pre dinner cocktail at Windows on the 28th floor - it wasn't a brilliant cocktail but again the vuiew more than made up for it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear IanLikesGoodFood,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very pleased to read that you have had a great time with us here, and that you have been provided with an upgrade to the 17th floor.

I am sorry to hear that you have not ate at the hotel (particularly given your username!) but there will be an opportunity for this next time.

When you do plan a return to us, please do contact us at reservations.parklane@hilton.com and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Paris
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Checked into the Hilton London Park Lane on a reward stay (HH diamond). The staff at the reception were extremely friendly, and I was graciously upgraded to a suite! The Clarence suite was just fabulous. Up on the 27th floor with amazing views of London, the furniture was classy, the cleanliness impeccable, and the overall quality second to none.

As Hilton diamond member, and a frequent traveler to London, i can safely say this is a fabulous hotel with great services, staff, location, and food outlets.

It is definitely true that this is the pride of Hilton in London! Would go back in a heartbeat even without the upgrade! Simply perfect.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank EMMParis
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear EMMParis,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am very pleased to read that you have had such an enjoyable stay with us here at the London Hilton on Park Lane, and that the Clarence Suite has been so to your liking.

As one of our elite Hilton Honors Diamond Members, you know better than most the quality of service that we strive to provide, and I am most happy to read that you have had a fabulous time with us here at the London Hilton on Park Lane.

Going forward, when you plan a return visit to us please do contact us at reservations.parklane@hilton.com and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed October 14, 2013

First time in Europe & London- this hotel was good. Clean & restaurant available with many food options. Vegan, vegetarian & no oil options weren't even an issue which was a great surprise to me - no problems the whole trip. Had to request ice from room service every night but no charge so - all good. Good directions for touring - all around great trip!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pgodo
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear pgodo,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am very happy to hear that you have had a good time here with us at the London Hilton on Park Lane.

Our kitchen staff pride themselves on catering to all varieties of dietary need, and I am very pleased to read that the options available were so to your liking.

An all around great trip is exactly what we want to provide, and I am most happy that we have been able to provide this to you!

Thank you very much once again, and when you do plan a return, please do contact us reservations.parklane@hilton.com and we will be happy to assist you.