“4th visit - fantastic hotel with amazing views” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of London Hilton on Park Lane

Ranked #322 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“4th visit - fantastic hotel with amazing views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a 2 night stay at this fantastic hotel. We booked an executive room & were on floor 24 and as usual had amazing views of London including Big Ben, The Shard, The London Eye and Buckingham Palace. We arrived around 930pm & check in was extremely fast, friendly & efficient. We ordered room service and didn't wait long & the steaks we ordered were cooked perfectly. We always have breakfast in our room, its delicious and lovely to relax and enjoy the views. We didn't have time to use the executive lounge on this visit but I think this is one area of the hotel that could be improved as the service isn't as fantastic as the rest of the hotel. We had a few cocktails in the Galvin at Windows Bar - well worth a visit and I recommend the raspberry martini ! We are returning to London in November and look forward to staying here again !

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, June 25, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am very happy to read that your time with us was so enjoyable, and that the meals, the drinks, the view, and everything else were so to your liking. I have to agree with you on the raspberry martini!

When you have your dates in mind, please do reach out to us at reservations.parklane@hilton.com and we will be more than happy to assist you with any enquiries and requests.

London Hilton on Park Lane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (730)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

The greatest asset of this hotel is its location-practically next door to all prominent places. The rooms are clean and functional, the bathroom is big, and the views from the room is nice. For my walks, I went to Hyde park, Green park. The restaurants are okay, but the breakfast spread is very good indeed. The service is also nice. However on the first day of my visit, the 3G lifts had conked off and I had to use the service lifts which was bad

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am very pleased that the service that you have received was so to your liking, and that our location so perfectly suited your needs.

That being said, you are correct in saying that the lift system did have to be taken down for necessary work on the computerized back-end, and I do apologise for any negative impact that this had on your stay.

I do trust that despite this matter you were able to still enjoy your stay here with us. When you plan a return to London, please do contact us directly at reservations.parklane@hilton.com and we will be more than happy to assist you.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I recently stayed for four nights while on a buiness trip and was not impressed....highlights below:

-Long lines at check-in and very slow process given volume of people in the lobby
-Received keys and went to room and waited for bag...after 30mins I called concierge - "we are very busy." 30 minutes later I went to the lobby, waited in line at the concierge and retrieved my bag myself.
-My room had an unpleasant odor that was amplified when the fan was turned on. The room needed renovation badly - it did not look like the rooms on the website.
-I reveived a check-out folio under my door when I woke up after my first night. The folio and billing details belonged to a different room that was departing that day.
-The executive lounge had a great breakfast selection however it was an unpleasant experience due to arguing server and customer in front of the buffet.
-During breakfast I watched the porter outside the hotel dispose of bags of hotel garbage in the city bin and thought that was odd. He would take the bags, walk to the bin standing along the pavement and empty them into the London bin.
-When I ordered room service after returning late it did not arrive for 90mins and two follow-up calls had to be made.
-Wifi was not included in room rate
-A few evenings when I returned there were cigarette butts on the balcony floor which is interesting because the balcony doors were locked for safety

Not sure how the hotel maintains its 5 star rating? Rooms are tiny and inconsistent, hotel is understaffed and I received poor service throughout my stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room that looks like the room in the pictures on the hotel website.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Linda W
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent stay.

First and foremost, I must apologise for the experience you have described here. It is clear from what you have wrote that your stay was not to the usual high standard of the London Hilton on Park Lane, and I will certainly be following up with the appropriate members of the management team in order to investigate your comments further.

In order to assist in this process, if I may ask you to please contact me at david.gerrard@hilton.com, and from your name I will be able to find the stay, the room, and the date, and make the appropriate improvements, in addition to responding to you privately.

Thank you very much for your feedback, and I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

For our 30th anniversary, we brought our family to London and this delightful hotel. Mr. David Gerrard, guest services manager, and his wonderful staff made us feel right at home. The location is incredible, and with a bit of guidance from the concierge, we were on our way to explore every corner of London by tube, bus, and boat from the hotel's front door. The executive lounge is an oasis throughout the day, and staff there are always willing to help or provide suggestions. It always felt good to return to the hotel after a long day or evening.

The hotel caters to an amazing clientele from around the world. It is remarkable how they make everyone feel like a special guest. For those who might experience a glitch or problem during your stay, I highly recommend asking guest services or the front desk to handle it. Don't leave disgruntled or unhappy.

This hotel is first-rate, and they want to keep it that way. In my opinion, that is what makes this hotel a top choice for any London visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

You are more than kind.

We have already conversed via e-mail many times both before and following your trip, so all I will say here is: thank you very much once again for staying with us, and when you plan a return, please do let me know.

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel is perfectly located with easy access to many attractions of London. Staff was very helpful all stay long. Small problems and additional requests were successfully handled by them. I stayed in one of the top floors with an unbelievable city view. Waking up to a wonderful London view was a great start to a day. I was totally satisfied with the cleanliness of the room and room service during my stay. Information desk also guided me very well whenever it was needed. When I returned to my home country, I realized that my mp3 player is still at the hotel. After exchanging some e-mails with the hotel security, mp3 player is sent to me without any problems. Special thanks to the head of security, Sir Ian Blake:)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am so pleased to read that my colleagues have been so helpful all during your stay, and that the view was so to your liking.

If you do plan a return in the future, please do reach out to our team at reservations@hilton.com, and they will be more than happy to assist you further.

Also, I have advised Sir Blake of your kind words, and he was most pleased!

Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at the Hilton on Park Lane in London on Saturday 15/6/13. The staff were friendly (special thank you to the door man and check-in gentleman who were wonderful), the views over London were amazing and the room was clean and quiet. We arrived early and our room was ready. We stayed on the 14th floor and, at night, had spectacular views of the London Eye, The Shard, Big Ben etc. Will definately be going back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank traveller2g0

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am delighted to read that your stay was such a positive one, in a clean and quiet room with a fantastic view.

You have mentioned coming back to us, so please do reach out to the team at reservations.parklane@hilton.com in order to plan this future stay!

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

At full rack rate the London Hilton on Park Lane is too expensive to be considered, now and again a room pops up for bearable money and when that happens staying here is a pleasure.

The view facing the City is amazing from the higher floors. All the rooms are comfortable, some the bathrooms are very small though.

I don't take breakfast - too expensive, just walk up towards Green Park station and there is a Pret and Starbucks.

The view is the thing that makes this hotel for me and the location is great.

Room Tip: Ask for something on Floor 11+ Ask to be away from the elevator - otherwise you can hear them in yo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Seven22

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am most pleased to read that you have had such a nice stay here with us at the London Hilton on Park Lane, and that you have so enjoyed the view towards the city. We do have a truly unique vantage point, and it is often the highlight of the stay for many of our valued guests.

Going forward, when you plan a return please do reach out to our team at reservations.parklane@hilton.com and they will be more than happy to assist you.