My boyfriend booked the Hilton Park Lane as a birthday present for me and we had 3 nights in London in April 2013.
What can I say about the hotel? Only GOOD things!!!
Well, when you first see it, its very modern looking from outside, like something from an American television series and I thought that it was going to have a cold interior also.
But I was totally wrong. Beautiful reception area with lovely helpful staff, 4 lifts (had to choose your floor from a keypad before entering the lift) large bedroom with massive window overlooking the city, bathroom was almost as big as the bedroom and beautifully decorated including a rain-shower, huge comfy bed, iron and ironing board in the room so didnt have to go to reception, lights in the wardrobe, TV and radio with all channels you would need, not that we watched much TV, and we had the option of room-cleaning daily. Although we were usually still in bed when the woman came around - was very early!!
We ate in the podium bar on the first night as we arrived quite late and the staff there were so helpful and friendly. Really great start to our mini-break.
Breakfast had a massive selection of foods and the hot food was replenished frequently. Nothing worse than cold scrambled egg! And no rushing you from your table either.
We went to the skybar on the Sunday evening and its just stunning. View of London from every angle. Heard a few people complain that the skybar didnt serve dinner on a Sunday and they were very unhappy at this but its stated firmly and obviously in the hotelbook in the room so it wasnt the hotels fault at all.
Hotel is very central. Close to many of the attractions - can walk to them on a nice day. And there is a tube station right beside it with easy access to anywhere further out or to airports. Hotel is right on Hyde Park and its just a stunning place to have a nice walk and to visit Kensington Palace.
Famous club Whisky Mist is at this hotel although entrance is not guaranteed to hotel guests. Trader Vic's bar is also here and slightly more relaxed.
All in all, would definitely recommend this hotel. My only gripe would be the price but thats just because if it wasnt a present, I would never be able to afford it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Mayfair, the London Hilton on Park Lane is close to all that London has to offer, whether it's musicals and theatres or world famous landmarks. Soaring high above the city streets, the hotel is famed for its unparalleled five star luxury. With 453 spacious guest rooms, including 56 suites, there is something to suit every taste. Meanwhile, the five bars and restaurants remain destinations in themselves, offering something for every taste, including our Michelin-starred restaurant Galvin at Windows and trendy nightclub Whisky Mist at Zeta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your London Hilton on Park Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- London Hilton On Park Lane Hotel London
- Hilton Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- Hilton London
- Hilton Park Lane
- London Hilton On Park Lane England