My mum and I visited the Hilton for afternoon tea having bought a great deal on Time Out. We arrived about an hour before our reservation as we wanted to get out of the cold, and the restaurant were happy to seat us early. The afternoon tea consisted of a glass of champagne, a selection of sandwiches (5 different types which you could pick and choose from to your taste), and a vast array of cakes and teas.
I decided to try one of each sandwich, all of which were nice. One comment I would make is that the smoked salmon and horseradish one didn't have enough horseradish on, but that's fairly insignificant in the grand scheme of things! For the cakes, they brought out a tiered stand of about 12 cakes, pastries and other yummy things for the two of us. I have an allergy to white chocolate, so spoke to the waitress, who not only checked with the kitchen which ones I could and couldn't eat, but also brought me a special plate of 4 more cakes so I didn't miss out. Every single one that I tried was delightful, although having eaten 8 or so cakes I felt a little larger round the middle!
The range of teas was also impressive, with something to suit everyone's taste. If tea's not for you, a girl at another table ordered a hot chocolate instead, and coffee was also available, at no extra cost.
I was really impressed with the level of service here, as they seemed to be happy to go out of their way to make the tea suitable for you, rather than simply providing a generic afternoon tea. I'll definitely be having more afternoon teas, I think it's great for Mother/Daughter or friends day out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Mayfair, the London Hilton on Park Lane is close to all that London has to offer, whether it's musicals and theatres or world famous landmarks. Soaring high above the city streets, the hotel is famed for its unparalleled five star luxury. With 453 spacious guest rooms, including 56 suites, there is something to suit every taste. Meanwhile, the five bars and restaurants remain destinations in themselves, offering something for every taste, including our Michelin-starred restaurant Galvin at Windows and trendy nightclub Whisky Mist at Zeta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your London Hilton on Park Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- London Hilton On Park Lane Hotel London
- Hilton Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- Hilton London
- Hilton Park Lane
- London Hilton On Park Lane England