We booked direct with the Hilton at the same price available on last minute and the like, so very good value. I have to say we had such a brilliant time.
We arrived in London around 9am and asked if we could leave our cases (check in was not until 3pm) The receptionist was most apologetic that our room was not ready (we had not expected it to be) but would let us know as soon as it was. In the meantime they took our luggage and invited us to use the executive lounge for breakfast - all at no extra cost.
We had booked an executive room which gave access to the executive lounge. This gives complimentary breakfast, beverages, and snacks. What this actually means is a fabulous buffet breakfast, an amazing high tea with delicate sandwiches and gorgeous cakes, and any drink you desire including a glass of fizz before heading out for supper. It is so very relaxed and the staff are discrete but attentive. Stocks were quickly replenished and there was always someone to offer help. However you did not in anyway feel you were being watched or checked up on. The drinks on offer in the evening were superb quality including some very decent wines. It just made such a difference being able to pop in when we fancied.
As a bonus, not only did the hotel call us to let us know the room was ready a bit early, but they also upgraded us to a suite. Now we had been told our room was on the 22nd floor. The suite upgrade was on the 5th floor. It was brilliant to stay in a suite - but we agreed that we would rather have the smaller room but a better view. The view was fine (we could see the eye and the shard) but of course on 5th floor you are in line with many other London roofs.
The whole experience was so relaxing. You really felt that it was important to the staff that you had a good time and they would go out of their way to make that happen.
We have marked it as our current favourite London Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Mayfair, the London Hilton on Park Lane is close to all that London has to offer, whether it's musicals and theatres or world famous landmarks. Soaring high above the city streets, the hotel is famed for its unparalleled five star luxury. With 453 spacious guest rooms, including 56 suites, there is something to suit every taste. Meanwhile, the five bars and restaurants remain destinations in themselves, offering something for every taste, including our Michelin-starred restaurant Galvin at Windows and trendy nightclub Whisky Mist at Zeta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your London Hilton on Park Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- London Hilton On Park Lane Hotel London
- Hilton Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- Hilton London
- Hilton Park Lane
- London Hilton On Park Lane England