“How all hotels should be...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of London Hilton on Park Lane

Ranked #322 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
hampshire
“How all hotels should be...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

We booked direct with the Hilton at the same price available on last minute and the like, so very good value. I have to say we had such a brilliant time.

We arrived in London around 9am and asked if we could leave our cases (check in was not until 3pm) The receptionist was most apologetic that our room was not ready (we had not expected it to be) but would let us know as soon as it was. In the meantime they took our luggage and invited us to use the executive lounge for breakfast - all at no extra cost.

We had booked an executive room which gave access to the executive lounge. This gives complimentary breakfast, beverages, and snacks. What this actually means is a fabulous buffet breakfast, an amazing high tea with delicate sandwiches and gorgeous cakes, and any drink you desire including a glass of fizz before heading out for supper. It is so very relaxed and the staff are discrete but attentive. Stocks were quickly replenished and there was always someone to offer help. However you did not in anyway feel you were being watched or checked up on. The drinks on offer in the evening were superb quality including some very decent wines. It just made such a difference being able to pop in when we fancied.

As a bonus, not only did the hotel call us to let us know the room was ready a bit early, but they also upgraded us to a suite. Now we had been told our room was on the 22nd floor. The suite upgrade was on the 5th floor. It was brilliant to stay in a suite - but we agreed that we would rather have the smaller room but a better view. The view was fine (we could see the eye and the shard) but of course on 5th floor you are in line with many other London roofs.

The whole experience was so relaxing. You really felt that it was important to the staff that you had a good time and they would go out of their way to make that happen.

We have marked it as our current favourite London Hotel.

Room Tip: I would go for the smaller room on a higher floor, unless you really want a separate lounge for your...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mojitomates
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for your recent stay and review.

Through your e-mails I know that you have also been in contact with our hotel directly, and I just want to reiterate how pleased we all are that you have had such a great time here with us.

When you do plan a return, please do reach out to any of us that you have been in contact with, and that includes myself at david.gerrard@hilton.com, and we will be more than happy to make sure that your next stay is as positive as this one.

Thank you very much once again, and we look forward to hearing from you in the future.

London Hilton on Park Lane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (729)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Frankfurt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

We just came back from a two day trip to London. From the moment we stepped out of our taxi it felt like coming home. It is absolutely incredible how the Hilton staff manages in such a huge hotel to give you the feeling that you are THE special guest. The room 2022 was really nice, perfect bed and what a view.....Breakfast was excellent and the staff was really helpful. Not to mention that already the second day they knew what we prefer for breakfast. Unbelievable. Remember, it is a big hotel so one does not really expect this kind of attention. I really can't praise the staff enough, starting from the doorman, to the receptionist who checked us in, to the nice housekeeping lady, the restaurant staff, the receptionist at checkout. It was my birthday on sunday and sure enough when we came to our room a handwritten Happy Birthday card was waiting, fruits and a nicely arranged mousse. I should not forget to mention the perfect location. Unbeatable. But with all the location, perfect rooms, good restaurants I can just say again: Thank you dear Hilton on Park Lane employees:))) You really make a difference!!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for your kind review and recent stay.

I am very happy that you have had such a special stay here with us, particularly on your birthday. We always do our best to ensure that our guests have a great time on such a stay, and I am so pleased that for yourself this recent visit was so well enjoyed.

Thank you very much once again, and please do contact us at reservations.parklane@hilton.com or myself directly at david.gerrard@hilton.com the next time you are planning a visit.

Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed overnight for a theater trip and used some hilton points. We were upgraded from standard Queen room to the Balmoral Suite which was on the 27th floor with its own living room etc. We were treated well at the concierge lounge which has drinks and canapes in the evening and peaceful breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UK1979
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your recent stay and review.

I am very happy to hear that you have received such an upgrade to our luxury Balmoral Suite. It sounds like you have had a nice relaxing stay with us here and that is what we are all about.

Going forward the next time you plan a trip to London please do contact us either at reservations.parklane@hilton.com or myself directly at david.gerrard@hilton.com and we will be more than happy to assist you.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Having just returned from our trip to London I want to thank Hilton Hotel for making our trip such a memorable one. We were celebrating both a memorable wedding anniversary and a birthday celebration of my godson by enjoying an evening dinner at Galvin at Windows restaurant followed by an overnight stay.
We have stayed in many hotels round the world over the years so we have experienced a varied customer experience but we cannot praise enough the Hilton, Park Lane for the hospitality we were shown which was quite outstanding. The staff were unfailingly courteous and welcoming both in the hotel and restaurant and we cannot thank you enough for making our visit such a momentous one!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mairi W
Thank you very much for your recent stay.

I am so pleased that on these special occasions, both the birthday of your godson and the wedding anniversary, you have had such memorable moments shared with the London Hilton on Park Lane. Stories like yours are why we do the things we do, and I have made sure to make all aware of your positive feedback.

Thank you very much once again, and when you are planning a return to London please do contact us either on reservations.parklane@hilton.com or directly to myself at david.gerrard@hilton.com and we will be happy to assist you.

South of England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

It had been a while since I had visited and stayed at the London Hilton on Park Lane and it was so nice to return.

From the moment I was greeted and efficiently checked in, until my departure the following day, everything and everyone was faultless.

I had a very nice room on a high floor and as I am a HHonors member I also had access to the lounge on the first floor. Here I was greeted like an old friend and welcomed by very attentive staff.

All of the staff, from the restaurant, room serve to the door staff where friendly and welcoming.

Well done Hilton. Well done the Hilton Park Lane team.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Travel_Undercover
Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am delighted to hear that on your return visit to us here at the London Hilton on Park Lane. Our team pride themselves on their professionalism and attentiveness, and they were very pleased to read your kind words and of your enjoyable stay.

Thank you very much once again, and please do reach out to us at reservations.parklane@hilton.com or myself directly at david.gerrard@hilton.com when you are next planning a visit to London.

Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on the recent Groupon deal which was excellent value. I would not pay full amount ever. The foyer and reception is in need of refurbishment but the hotel undergoing this. We found staff very nice and helpful. Our room newly refurbed was on the 5th floor 517 with a great view over Hyde Park. Lovely decor contemporary and top bathroom fittings and very clean. Hotel bit of a cab ride away from Mayfair/West End but worth it for our stay. We opted for breakfast in bed big mistake unfortunately as it was cold. Sent it back but second breakfast wasn't much better sadly. Also very limited on room food and snacks available when we got back and no snacks available at all in the hotel bar which was basic but not basic prices at £9 for glass of champers. Overall it was fine but only on a an offer.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of a special online offer and enjoyed your stay with us here at the London Hilton on Park Lane.

That being said, I do apologise that the breakfast in bed was not to your liking. In order that I may follow up with the Room Service team, if you would be able to please contact me at david.gerrard@hilton.com with your name and I will investigate further.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

birmingham uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

we booked to see a show in the west end for my g/fs birthday and decided to push the boat out , traveled to the capital by train which of course made us late , when we arrived at the hilton they had sold our room and if we would wait half an hour [irritated] they would upgrade us to a suite [irritation gone] we went to the bar at the top of the hotel for coffee [costalotta] and we were not allowed to wear a coat but have to say the veiw was just sensational ,

after the 30 mins we were shown to our suite which overlooked park lane , wow , the place was a super lux flat [without the kitchen]

the hotel is magic and everything that you would expect no dissapointments , you pay for it and get everything you expect for your groats , breakfast served on a trolley in the room was first class

got to be said the hilton is as good as anything in london we have stayed in

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am so pleased to hear that my colleagues were able to make up for the initial delay by providing you with an upgrade to one of our deluxe suites. It sounds like you have had a fantastic time here with us, and I am happy that your girlfriend's birthday has been a memorable one.

Thank you very much once again, and please do reach out to us at reservations.parklane@hilton.com or myself directly at david.gerrard@hilton.com the next time you plan a visit and we will be more than happy to assist you.